Good Coach any Ideas?

Vote 1 Gobbs! :smiley:

(Geo)…. is he isn't available... wayne bennett... whatever it takes...(/Geo)

Stephen Kearney for mine, NZ coach & assistant to one of the best coaches in league. Surely he'd have a few tricks in his bag.

Maybe you may need to reframe the question:

"What NRL standard coach out there would want/accept the Wests Tigers coaching job?"

It is all well and good in throwing out a dream team of possible names for coach but past experience has shown that we are not a desired place to be.

@shiretiger said:
Maybe you may need to reframe the question:

"What NRL standard coach out there would want/accept the Wests Tigers coaching job?"

It is all well and good in throwing out a dream team of possible names for coach but past experience has shown that we are not a desired place to be.

Things are a lot better than they were when we last were looking for a coach, though
I wonder how many are put off by the Magpies/Balmain baggage we carry?

@T91 said:
Vote 1 Gobbs! :smiley:

(Geo)…. is he isn't available... wayne bennett... whatever it takes...(/Geo)

Stephen Kearney for mine, NZ coach & assistant to one of the best coaches in league. Surely he'd have a few tricks in his bag.

No way ….who would want the job .....

I would have said Flannagan......but look at the Sharks........no thanks

Kearney maybe...or Bellemy's other offsider ....name escapes me.....

Jones NYC....can coach

BTW...everyone baying for Sheens blood ......means if he is punted or falls on his sword...were looking at Gentle or Royce for at least 6 months....

Much rather the succession be planned and well executed than bloodshed.....

Not sold on Kearney yet.

There's plenty of first grade coaches without a team.

Michael Hagan
John Lang
Graham Murray

I'd take any of them.

Otherwise try someone new like Matt Johns or Gary Freeman.

The day Royce Simmons becomes Tigers first grade coach is the day I stop being a Tigers fan haha. At the end of Sheens's reign I hope the club gets a new guy and doesnt replace from within ie. Gentle or someone. Nothing would change and we'd have the same medocrity IMO.

What about some other club's assistant coaches?

Ian Millward is the current Nth Qld assistant and we hunted for him when we signed Sheens. He did pretty well at St Helens having a 75% win percentage from 2000-2005 including 2 Super League Championships in 2000 and 2002 and 2 Challenge Cups in 2001 and 2004, but when he coached Wigan it was 3 wins from 12 and then he took over at the Cowboys last year when Murray was dumped and won 2/14.

Gould. Might be an ass, but no doubt is a good coach, understands the game and other important media aspects.
and he loves leichardt oval :smiley: we might even get more then 3 games there!!

Back