Got out of jail there...

steven_tiger

What a finish!

But the fact remains we got steamrolled today. Their big boppas pounded us in attack and defence. Galloway will be much better for the run, Payten was good as was Gibbs, but gee we NEED Fifita there.

Also, has anyone ever seen our side butcher as many certain tries as we did today? Without exaggeration, we would have stuffed up at least 4 or 5 CERTAIN tries today. Lote a couple. Ryan one. Heighno one. There could have been more too.

Anyway, stoked with the win! Well done for having a huge dig WT! :sign:

And Mr. Fitzhenry… what can I say. Bravo! :wahoo:

Steam rolled????

i think we played better… and for the 5 tries we bombed they also bombed 5 trys.... both teams played well...

i wouldnt say get out of jail…. we blew 6 trys should have flogged them if it was get out of Jail the raiders would have dominated the game

as soon as i saw fitzy blast off and score that try i said "gee everyone on the forum is gonna spew" but the guy did a solid job in the last 16 mins he was there, wade would not have been up for a full 80 mins. good thinking sheensy, totally agree that fifita shoukd be there to come off the bench and break the line.

overall im happy we got the win after the bye. it was a bit scrappy at times but the tries we put on were beautiful,

hope there aren't too many injuries, alot of bruises probably!

@T-REXX said:
Steam rolled????

i think we played better… and for the 5 tries we bombed they also bombed 5 trys.... both teams played well...

The Raiders forwards punched holes in our line all day. We didn't seem to have an answer to their big fellas.

Their line speed was also much better than ours IMO. Their defence was up in our faces, limiting our attack, while we seemed to let them run to us.

That's what I meant by steamrolled.

It was indeed a good game and even better result.

Probably the biggest pack in the NRL and we handled em. Scrambled well all day. Hung in there and grinded out the win. Wasn't pretty but I'm happy with the result, the bye isn't always beneficial, gives you time to recuperate and nurse niggling injuries, but can stop your momentum. Gonna need a lift next week though thats for certain..

A win is a win.

Remember new attitude: Winning is all that matters.

@T-REXX said:
@shiretiger said:
If we play like that on Friday night we will be beaten by 30.

always one who wants to dampen it..

Dont get me wrong my friend….I love a Tigers win and there is NOTHING in this world that gives me pleasure than a win over the Dragqueens (the only game of the year I HAVE to win) but if you were true to yourself you too would have to agree that if we played the same way today next Friday night the odds are that we will get beaten by 30\. Sorry to rain on your parade but the Raiders are not the Dragons.

@shiretiger said:

since when could the dragons score 30 points???

play like that it wil be somthing like 17-4

the dragons have the same boring gameplan every week 5 tackles kick… dont drop the ball wait for error.. when their 6 in front lets kick a Field Goal

exactly right.. the Raiders arent the Dragons.. so we wont be playing like we did today..

we cant take what happened today as how things may go.. today was a clash of the best two attacking teams in the comp.. both teams had their chances. both teams did some serious attacking, both teams did some serious scrambling. but both bombed dead set certain tries.
i dont think we played THAT BAD!. i think we just didnt finish of the moves or the plays like we normally would. Even Gould said we were attacking like we are known for but things were not sticking.. and i have a sneaking suspicion that we were carrying quite a few injuries today

We played pretty good for a team that had not played for a while. The big Canberra pack were being gifted by Maxwells interpretation of the play ball. It was so slow, that Allowed them plenty of time to monster us. I saw enough today to indicate we will be competitive against the dragons although five days turn around will be a big test after such a physical outing

@Golden said:
@shiretiger said:

since when could the dragons score 30 points???

play like that it wil be somthing like 17-4

the dragons have the same boring gameplan every week 5 tackles kick… dont drop the ball wait for error.. when their 6 in front lets kick a Field Goal

ahh, lets see in 2010:

Round 3 - 33-8 v Cowboys
Round 5 - 34-16 v Broncos
Round 8 - 38 - 0 v Sharks
Round 12 - 30 - 0 v Eels
\
\
They seem to be doing it every 3 weeks or so, so they are due on Friday.

@supercoach said:
We played pretty good for a team that had not played for a while. The big Canberra pack were being gifted by Maxwells interpretation of the play ball. It was so slow, that Allowed them plenty of time to monster us. I saw enough today to indicate we will be competitive against the dragons although five days turn around will be a big test after such a physical outing

The Dragons have the same turnaround and whilst I havent seen the game it sounds like the Sharks at least gave them a contest.

In reference to us getting beat by 30, Im not sure you can compare how team plays against one team to how they will play against another. That being said, all year we have struggled to find cohesion in attack (except for the odd game/half a game) and we may need it this Friday.

@Team Tiger said:
@shiretiger said:

…and if our last passes stick we'll win by 30.

Now that would be nice and would shut up a few Dragqueen relations of mine. I hope you are right. :sign:

The amount offloads they got i think killed our forwards. Forced an extra 4 - 6 tackles every set almost I'd imagine, I'd like to see the stats. The forwards did get dominated but I think it was because they got tired…. I hope to good Faffita comes back next week and we use 4 forwards on the bench!

Payten at one point was the only bloke making meters while Heighno was nothing short of inspirational!

![](http://i.bnet.com/blogs/get_out_of_jail_free.jpg)

Righto, there's your card Tigers, you've used it…now lets play a brand of footy that gives your fans a less chance of high stress and heart failure.

Back