Halves

Look mate I l
Hastings a winner. He won in England, jeez Brodie Croft is winning at the moment so it shows to that angle.

Whats his record at the tigers last year? 2 wins out of so many?
Fair dinkum.

Anyone carry on about Hastings being a saviour is drunk, delusional or has an IQ of below 80.
Look mate - I love all tigers fans and I apologize for the harshness of my comments bc we disagree.

I just think that sheens said brooks was “the half” for us. And now all of a sudden we need an “organizing half” so much so that we called Mitchell Pearce.

I know Jacko wasn’t cleary but to me he was solid

We didn’t win that much last year bc the club tanked when they put in Noddy instead of sheens taking the ropes

I think our team with Jacko would’ve won 4 of our games this year

Just my opinion.

Anyway all good no hard feelings

I’m taking out my frustration on you about sheens and co who all of a sudden have shut up about “200 passes” and now the narrative is “we’re 7 games into a 5 year rebuild”

What Bs

I hate the club right now and. I email Justin Pascoe after every game telling him and to his credit he writes back

Question. Do you think Hastings is a top 4 halfback? Yes or no? Because we need players to be top 4. Not win 2 games out of 7..

Hastings has had one try assist all year. But hey at least he tries. Brooks tries and look how he goes.
It’s not about the try assists - he can organize and direct a team.

Look at our stats

We can get into the 20meters but can’t score

Jacko would at least have us playing block plays to the center and winger

He doesn’t get that many assist bc he is always first receiver

He passes the ball and sets up the play

Reactions: 851
Also Jacko instills confidence

All of my mates who are Newcastle supporters love him

He’s basically taken them to 4 wins almost with no KP

It’s not about the try assists - he can organize and direct a team.

Look at our stats

We can get into the 20meters but can’t score

Jacko would at least have us playing block plays to the center and winger

He doesn’t get that many assist bc he is always first receiver

He passes the ball and sets up the play
He did the same here but that didn't relate to tries. We had two good win that was through hard work and a lack of effort from the opposition.

Hastings goes to the line but he is obvious and consistent in his plays.

Yes he is a good organiser. To good actually because I see a few forwards getting annoyed with his antics after awhile(those ame forwards need a kick up the ass), however, he is still predictable and slow. By the time his pass comes out behind the lead runner it feels like its 2028 by now. All good if he runs more but it's so obvious what he's doing.

First receiver no try assists is rubbish. Yes they get less but they don't get one try assists after 7 rounds. Look at Cherry Evens.

Our halves are rubbish. 3/10. Hastings is 4/10. We need 7-8/10. Simple as that.

The club needs to get rid of brooks asap

Unfortunately they’ve ruined the kid

He could’ve got a 3 ye deal at newy

Now - how can they extend him other than bc they made a promise without looking stupid ?

He hasn’t won a game in a year

He Im has a depressing vibe and is a black cat to our team

If I were CEO I would sell him tomorrow … bc if we had have sold him two years ago we would’ve looked at Hynes and Reynolds etc

You have to put yourself in a position to be desperate to need to fix the problem

With brooks there everyone debates if he is the problem . And that means we don’t do anything

Cut him.

Put wakeham at 7, Laurie at 6 and let’s see

I imagine all the players in the team need a fresh half back. They would all be telling they’re mates that the team needs a half

I like Luke bc he is a good kid but the club decked him with Newcastle

He did the same here but that didn't relate to tries. We had two good win that was through hard work and a lack of effort from the opposition.

Hastings goes to the line but he is obvious and consistent in his plays.

Yes he is a good organiser. To good actually because I see a few forwards getting annoyed with his antics after awhile(those ame forwards need a kick up the ass), however, he is still predictable and slow. By the time his pass comes out behind the lead runner it feels like its 2028 by now. All good if he runs more but it's so obvious what he's doing.

First receiver no try assists is rubbish. Yes they get less but they don't get one try assists after 7 rounds. Look at Cherry Evens.

Our halves are rubbish. 3/10. Hastings is 4/10. We need 7-8/10. Simple as that.
I think you’re wrong but just my opinion.

Hastings is a solid 6.5/10

In my opinion he’s almost as good as moses bc he doesn’t go missing and is super competitive.

The club needs to get rid of brooks asap

Unfortunately they’ve ruined the kid

He could’ve got a 3 ye deal at newy

Now - how can they extend him other than bc they made a promise without looking stupid ?

He hasn’t won a game in a year

He Im has a depressing vibe and is a black cat to our team

If I were CEO I would sell him tomorrow … bc if we had have sold him two years ago we would’ve looked at Hynes and Reynolds etc

You have to put yourself in a position to be desperate to need to fix the problem

With brooks there everyone debates if he is the problem . And that means we don’t do anything

Cut him.

Put wakeham at 7, Laurie at 6 and let’s see

I imagine all the players in the team need a fresh half back. They would all be telling they’re mates that the team needs a half

I like Luke bc he is a good kid but the club decked him with Newcastle
Wakeham shouldn't see A grade again
He's useless. Brooks isn't better.

2 new halves. Trindall and Connor would do for the moment.

He tried to sign Moses and Munster. Both said no. What else do you want him to do?

I would have liked him to keep Hastings as our 13 in the interim.

I don't know whether Benji or Sheens has more say, and no problem with the decision that Hastings wasn't our long term half, but he worked in the ball distributing lock role and back-up option. If there were no other underlying issues, he should not have been released.

I’m trying to use what we have and could do next week not talk hypotheticals

Reactions: 851

Btw anyone wanting to have this debate - I would think most rugby league journals and afficionados and westst tigers supporters other than the board and football department … would all agree that we would be in a far better position if we kept Jackson an would say that he is a MAJOR reason the knights are going well compared to what most people thought

And they would say he is MILES ahead of brooks.

Not 3/10 to 4/10… but miles

Btw anyone wanting to have this debate - I would think most rugby league journals and afficionados and westst tigers supporters other than the board and football department … would all agree that we would be in a far better position if we kept Jackson an would say that he is a MAJOR reason the knights are going well compared to what most people thought

And they would say he is MILES ahead of brooks.

Not 3/10 to 4/10… but miles

Loony tunes. Serious madness.

thought we went ok when api got into first receiver and pushed Brooks wider like the Staines try.

Kind of thinking will Sheens contemplate 7. Api 6 Brooks and 9. Simpkins ?

It's funny that you think this bloke isn't a troll, you think he's serious and you agree with him 😅😅😅

I'm not trolling at all or better put not much at all. Have you watched Newcastle this year and Hastings in particular. I think we would have been better off with Brooks at 6 and Hastings at 7 but it'd be pretty close to the same thing in that Brooks is the guy would be creating heaps more.

Did you see the tries we scored today and did you see Brooks involvement.

Hastings hasn't looked good at all from what I've seen. Brooks has created heaps for us.

thought we went ok when api got into first receiver and pushed Brooks wider like the Staines try.

Kind of thinking will Sheens contemplate 7. Api 6 Brooks and 9. Simpkins ?
Template that was introduced after two months of preseason and 8 weeks of the season. Fair dinkum he's just throwing darts and hope they hit.

API is our best dummy half. Keep him there. If our halves sent up to it, get new ones. Do a trade or swap deal..it's not that difficult surely..look at the stats of our halves setting up tries. Embarrassing

I'm not trolling at all or better put not much at all. Have you watched Newcastle this year and Hastings in particular. I think we would have been better off with Brooks at 6 and Hastings at 7 but it'd be pretty close to the same thing in that Brooks is the guy would be creating heaps more.

Hastings hasn't looked good at all from what I've seen. Brooks has created heaps for us.
Jesus

Template that was introduced after two months of preseason and 8 weeks of the season. Fair dinkum he's just throwing darts and hope they hit.

API is our best dummy half. Keep him there. If our halves sent up to it, get new ones. Do a trade or swap deal..it's not that difficult surely..look at the stats of our halves setting up tries. Embarrassing
all this nonsense about Connor Tracey and trindal are not going to happen. No halves to get for 2024, Brooks will be re-signed. We need to give Laurie a go at 6 I guess

I would have liked him to keep Hastings as our 13 in the interim.

I don't know whether Benji or Sheens has more say, and no problem with the decision that Hastings wasn't our long term half, but he worked in the ball distributing lock role and back-up option. If there were no other underlying issues, he should not have been released.

We need him now.

That is a completely different argument to Hastings being a longer term option in the halves. If we are being serious about our halves it's extremely hard to state we have long term options at the club or even on the recruitment radar at this point.

In all seriousness it's been a massive issue for years. I think Brooks could be the second playmaker and is easily the best option we've had over the last couple of seasons but we need to be developing or recruiting a lot more options.

He has Brooks posters all over his walls.

Latest posts

Back