Hello Darkness My Old Friend

TheKhan

What a roller coaster of an off season it's been. The clean out of the office, the pruning of branches that never bore fruit, the Benji out saviour hype, Jerome for 25, then Olam a proven first grader signs on, ice comes out saying he knows he has not been great and he is back to prove a point.
Told over and over the clubs buying in to benji. The media and betting agencies still telling us we are spoon favourite with the dragons... what do they know.LETS GOOooO!

TRIAL 1: I watch in anticipation as we finally have 4 halves to be excited about. Finally some depth!!! Tigers put a couple of tries on a depleted warriors side and the big boys go off and we watch the up and comers scrape home against the warriors kids. Sure warriors had 12 the whole game but 1 player down with a 28 man roster and unlimited subs isn't really a boon. Nothing really exciting out of the game out side the east Tigers fella. And can't really see where the first grade side is at.

Shane Richardson's behind the roar pod cast drops. I can't wait to hear it. This bloke could honestly lead the club to greener pastures. At least thats what his track record shows. He says a few things that pricked my ears.that the first grade side is almost exactly where it has to be and he also tells me to spend more money on the club in membership if I want to be included.

TRIAL 2: fresh cuppa on the coffee table a bowl of roast salted nuts. Here's the real showing. 2 years of the wooden spoon and we have a trial against the other wooden spoon favourite. It's been hinted at that our full squad will be playing because of the rd1 bye.
The boys run out and get absolutely steam rolled. They run over the tigers and through them. First grade plays most of the game. The only game plan I saw was 1 out runners to get monstered. The dragons were noticeably bigger across the park and had absolutely turned up to bash the snot out the tigers and they did.

If this is benjis plan they are buying into and the squad shane says is almost there the club has zero hope of staying in the comp let alone making the finals. The only thing the media got wrong in the off season was dragons being remotely close to spoon favourites. This could be a bleak take on it all. And I hope someone calls me out on it in a couple of months. But ladies and gentlemen it's going to be a long year

What a roller coaster of an off season it's been. The clean out of the office, the pruning of branches that never bore fruit, the Benji out saviour hype, Jerome for 25, then Olam a proven first grader signs on, ice comes out saying he knows he has not been great and he is back to prove a point.
Told over and over the clubs buying in to benji. The media and betting agencies still telling us we are spoon favourite with the dragons... what do they know.LETS GOOooO!

TRIAL 1: I watch in anticipation as we finally have 4 halves to be excited about. Finally some depth!!! Tigers put a couple of tries on a depleted warriors side and the big boys go off and we watch the up and comers scrape home against the warriors kids. Sure warriors had 12 the whole game but 1 player down with a 28 man roster and unlimited subs isn't really a boon. Nothing really exciting out of the game out side the east Tigers fella. And can't really see where the first grade side is at.

Shane Richardson's behind the roar pod cast drops. I can't wait to hear it. This bloke could honestly lead the club to greener pastures. At least thats what his track record shows. He says a few things that pricked my ears.that the first grade side is almost exactly where it has to be and he also tells me to spend more money on the club in membership if I want to be included.

TRIAL 2: fresh cuppa on the coffee table a bowl of roast salted nuts. Here's the real showing. 2 years of the wooden spoon and we have a trial against the other wooden spoon favourite. It's been hinted at that our full squad will be playing because of the rd1 bye.
The boys run out and get absolutely steam rolled. They run over the tigers and through them. First grade plays most of the game. The only game plan I saw was 1 out runners to get monstered. The dragons were noticeably bigger across the park and had absolutely turned up to bash the snot out the tigers and they did.

If this is benjis plan they are buying into and the squad shane says is almost there the club has zero hope of staying in the comp let alone making the finals. The only thing the media got wrong in the off season was dragons being remotely close to spoon favourites. This could be a bleak take on it all. And I hope someone calls me out on it in a couple of months. But ladies and gentlemen it's going to be a long year
Can't fault your take on either game - was quite depressing to see no change in the performance from the last couple of years. It'll be a long and dark this year, very dark.

Im not giving up before the kick off has happened with several games behind us. We certainly are challenged with pedigree as against potential in our depth and we are hopeful more than a few of the young-uns can stand to this year covering injury and suspension but Im happy to give the coaching staff and players a few games before Im calling for the guillotine.

I do think we are capable of maybe 10th place this season with reasonable luck and players playing to their ability and strengths. As long as Benji and co have got that dropping of heads and effort when things go wrong out of the proper season games we are still in there.

I'm hearing you K man. Their performance was ranged from abysmal to a bit better than abysmal. I will give them 5 weeks and then reassess, but like others on here, it was such groundhog day to last year...and the year before....and the year before....you get what I mean. The only good thing to come out of the display was Benji admitting it was really poor.

What’s your go to in the roasted nuts? I’m assuming it was a mix. Macadamia followed by a sneaky almond or two? Obviously leave the walnuts to last.

In record time ( less than 40 minutes ) I saw my optimism go from promising to crap.

They got me again with three memberships and tickets for a second round trip to Canberra with the hope of change at the top and a decent squad that if playing to potential could jag a top 8 spot. However as said we looked unfit , unorganised and devoid of a game plan with one man hit ups and a kick. I thought we had tried that already over the last few years without success. 90% completion rates are easy when you don’t try to attack. Defensive reads and tackling close to our line was extremely poor with Paps and Seyfarth not being able to stop the dragons centres.

I like Benji saying we have a lot to work on, but what have they being doing since November.

I unfortunately can’t give up on them as I love the club, however I’m sure my health would be better if I walked away with less stress and less disappointment every year.

GNR4LIFE you may be rright, but you would dead set boo Santa Claus.
This is the biggest oxymoron i have seen in quite a while. You acknowledge I may be right, but then imply im being negative. In reality, the truth is hard to deal with. Doesn’t mean we should hide from it.

I’m not sure why anyone would be expecting different on field results with a roster that hasn’t improved.
Yes, you DO know why others might expect better
Third time ive read this from you.

Obviously some think it has improved...I know youre not stupid enough to think that yours is the only opinion that matters, you know that...so whats your angle?

Latest posts

Back