Here it is... Post match interview

DREW76

the old one… schoolboy football! Ha ha
and gotta look at everyone from coaching staff down! :deadhorse:

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/rugbyleague/audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Takes us for fools!
Dead set get Folkes in ASAP as coach and put these old cows out to pasture PLEASE

hmmm remember the guy who wanted KPIS… lomgmuir .... they banished him.....now what has changed in the past 4 or so years ....yes mr humphreys....start from the coach down.....

Does this man show any emotion??????
Fans are slashing wrists and putting holes in walls…...

Vent your anger/ disgust or pleasure below…...
<shumphreys@weststigers.com.au>Direct: 02 87413345
Mobile: 0423 *** *** (not sure if I can post it here - but PM me if ya really need it!)</shumphreys@weststigers.com.au>

If the coach was serious Simmons would be punted tonight and Folkes made assistant coach and put in charge of putting the mongrel into the forwards so how serious is he?.

I am spewing at no stage did he accept any of the BLAME for picking a small bench or playing players who are not up to standard in first grade.TIM YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Ill contact him later tonight, after I have calmed down…

Change is needed and unfortunately its a Brian Smith required change.

I know what Mr Sheens has done for this club. But his loyalty has been well and truly paid back to him.

@DREW76 said:
@weststigers.com.au>Direct said:
Mobile: 0423 *** *** (not sure if I can post it here - but PM me if ya really need it!)</shumphreys@weststigers.com.au>

here is my email to Stehphen.

Dear Stephen,

I will prefix this by saying I don't expect a response to my email.

I will however, let you know how disappointed as a supporter and also a memeber after the performance this weekend. It has been a long time since I have seen such an inept performance from a Tigers side. The players played with no heart, no pride and no respect. They made Souths look like premiers.

I would rather that Melbourne get their points back as they dont deserve to have the spoon as I honeslty believe that is a position we will contest given our performance today.

Stephen if I was unhappy with any service provider I would ask for either a refund or some sort of compensation for poor performance, I don't expect that from you, but I would expect you to address the team and ask for something much better for the game against Newcastle.

Kind Regards,

Graham

i actually think lobbying the papers to put some heat on sheens and his coaching staff AND the players will work better than contacting the CEO.
after all, how many times have we seen it in the past with teams struggling and in "crisis". roundly ridiculed and humiliated in the media, they come out firing and win big the following week.
If we can get a "sheens faces sack" headline in the telegragh for example, i think we will see some results.
however, the reason the tigers/sheens dont get these "crisis" stories written after a few straight losses isnt because sheens is protected by the media, its because the telegragh (who are the kings of "dragons/parra/bulldogs in crisis" stories when any of those teams lose 2 in a row) and im assuming the other papers just dont care about the tigers. They know a good criticising in their paper motivates teams back into form, lets see if we can get them to put the pressure on sheens and the tigers this time.

@DREW76 said:

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/rugbyleague/audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UNBELIEVABLE - he seems to blame the forwards for Benji's and Lui's poor form, this from the man that had a bench that needed a paper weight not to get blown away…and there is already talk of a "short" week so look for this to come up in the post match interview with Newcastle..

We have to take a long hard look at ourselves?? have there been no mirrors in the joint since 2005? :deadhorse:

Now I have heard it all. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@DREW76 said:

I did laugh at having a short turn around could be a good thing for us. That will be the excuse if we lose in Newcastle

Damn you T H beat me to it :laughing:

If we can get a "sheens faces sack" headline in the telegragh for example, i think we will see some results.
however, the reason the tigers/sheens dont get these "crisis" stories written after a few straight losses isnt because sheens is protected by the media,…

Mate, I heard Blocker on radio say to a Tiger supporter "We are not going to get rid of the Australian coach" so I'm afraid I can't see Sheens leaving before 2011…
:frowning:

Mr Humphreys,

As a long standing Tigers supporter I am writing to you and the team to say how embarrassing it is to be a Tigers supporter with the rubbish the team has dished up the past 3-4 weeks. Today’s game topped the recent losses as the worst game I have seen the club play in recent memory. It’s a real shame the boys simply did not turn up to play on a wonderful Sydney Autumn day; Heritage round at the SCC against the Rabbits where they lost last year in a heartbreaking game – one would think with so much to play for the Tigers of 2010 would’ve shown much more pride and turned up…instead the fans; supporters; sponsors were dished up the rubbish we witnessed today.

One has to question whether the team of 2010 has any backbone or pride in themselves; their club and their performances. The whole joint needs to have a good long hard look at themselves!!. As the progressive CEO that you are I’m sure I’m not saying something that you wouldn’t agree to…Every person that makes up the 2010 squad from coaches to players need to reassess themselves and their performances and ask “ do I have any pride in wearing the Tigers jersey?”. If the answer is yes then they will turn their season around from the next game!…for today what they served up was simply woeful!

Thanks for your time!

Dear Stephen,

I write to you as a disgusted, tired and embarrassed Tigers supporter (and season ticket holder).

I have been following this side since I was old enough to walk. I'm 24 years old and was formerly a Balmain fan and followed us over when we merged in 2000\. Winning the competition in 2005 was one of the best moments in my life and I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the game and also to every semi-finals game we played that season. I have also attended almost every home game for the past five or six years and travelled interstate to watch us play. 2005 was my first experience following my side in the semi-finals and was truly an amazing time which I will never forget.

However, fast forward five years later and here we are staring down the barrel at a fifth consecutive year without finals football after winning a premiership. There is simply no excuses for this kind of failure and mediocrity. In my opinion the signs were there in 2007, the disgusting capitulation in the last round against Newcastle was one of the darkest days in this clubs history, and that is no mean feat when you consider the early events in the merger, specifically 2001 and 2002.

I also had the unfortunate privilege of attending Sunday's game and what was dished up was simply pathetic and unacceptable and without doubt was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from this team, or any team in the NRL for that matter.

I know you probably won't even bother replying to this e-mail, but I want to ask you one question: is there a coach in world sport, anywhere, who like Tim Sheens, is completely unaccountable for his teams performances?

Can I ask how you and your board came to the decision to resign Tim Sheens for a further year a few weeks ago? What has Tim done to deserve another contract extension? We have not made the semi finals for four years. I have no doubts Tim is a good coach but its clear his time with us is up and he has become stale. Obviously the players aren't responding to him any longer when at least 14 of them didn't even put any effort in whatsoever on Sunday.

Like most loyal Tigers supporters I am grateful to Tim and the rest of the coaching staff for 2005\. However, how long can they cling onto this for? Already we are five years down the track and have only gone spiralling backwards. In my opinion 2010 is not going to get any better as Tim has shown he keeps making the same mistakes that cost us in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 - namely, playing players out of position, picking wingers on the bench who don't get any game time, playing with 16 players in 30 degree heat etc. etc.

I know there are some circumstances which couldn't have been avoided, for example the injuries in 2006 and the depature of Scott Prince (who always wanted to return home) but there is only so long that these excuses can be used. Most fans initially gave the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt - but no longer can this sort of mediocrity be tolerated. It is a disgrace and is completely unacceptable.

I know it probably won't mean much, but I will definately not be renewing my season ticket in 2011, unless of course massive changes are made. I also know of many others who will be doing the same. I mistakenly "stepped up" this year - perhaps someone should have told our players and coach that they are supposed to do the same.

Yours sincerely,

@Tiger_heart said:
however, the reason the tigers/sheens dont get these "crisis" stories written after a few straight losses isnt because sheens is protected by the media,…

Mate, I heard Blocker on radio say to a Tiger supporter "We are not going to get rid of the Australian coach" so I'm afraid I can't see Sheens leaving before 2011…
:frowning:

didnt the sharks get rid of chris anderson when he was aussie coach?

@DREW76 said:
@weststigers.com.au>Direct said:

Thanks for the address,I have vented my anger at Sheens and Simmons,although I hold out no hope of action against these 2 koalas. :imp:

Latest posts

Staff online

Back