How could they.

J

JeddicaAnne

**Sorry about this outburst**

I absolutly cannot believe Mr Tim Sheens himself has put money over the greater good of the team. Benji and Tim are a winning combination and every game they play together they become a stronger combination. Moving poor Tim who kicked arse last year into utility just so that an over rate Tuqiri can be moved into Fullback because management doesnt want to put a player that they have spent that much money on the wing. And he lost his halfback position to Robert Lui who I personlly have no problems with except that now Tim has been left without a position that he deserves. As if I wasnt upset enough as it was about the decision to allow Lote to sign (even though we the supports and members of West Tigers do not know why he lost his Wallibies contract) now Tim has lost fullback and halfback and I'm well and truely PISSED.
\
\
Forever Tigers
:sign:

Lote will be named on the wing.

Tim Moltzen is still full back.

Robert Lui will NOT play the whole year,Moltzen will go to half back,lote to fullback when Tuiaki returns.

You heard it here first.Exclusive.

@Frazer4Wests said:

Robert Lui will NOT play the whole year,Moltzen will go to half back,lote to fullback when Tuiaki returns.

I reckon you're pretty much on the money. Sheens himself said Lui wont play the full year at 7\. Tuiaki's return seems the best time to make the team switch.

BTW .. Rd 8 is at Campbelltown .. could be a good way for Tuiaki to return!

@alex said:
@Frazer4Wests said:

Yes, this could be gleaned from what Sheens said at the Balmain AGM.

The worrying thing is that it seems to involve endless mucking around with Tim Moltzen. If the plan is that Tim will end up as halfback, then he should play halfback from round one. He and Benji showed a great combination last year - we won 7 games in a row! Why muck around with that? Sounds like the plan is to rotate Tim,Robet Lui and Lote T between half, fullback and wing. We don't need this, we need a stable half/five eight combination.

The other thing is that at present Lote T is a LONG way off being a first grade Rugby League fullback. He has to prove he can play Rugby League at all, let alone fullback. It's been seven years.

@Paris Cobbs said:
@alex said:
@Frazer4Wests said:

Yes, this could be gleaned from what Sheens said at the Balmain AGM.

The worrying thing is that it seems to involve endless mucking around with Tim Moltzen. If the plan is that Tim will end up as halfback, then he should play halfback from round one. He and Benji showed a great combination last year - we won 7 games in a row! Why muck around with that? Sounds like the plan is to rotate Tim,Robet Lui and Lote T between half, fullback and wing. We don't need this, we need a stable half/five eight combination.

The other thing is that at present Lote T is a LONG way off being a first grade Rugby League fullback. He has to prove he can play Rugby League at all, let alone fullback. It's been seven years.

I agree

Surely Sheens saying Lui won't see out the year at halfback is just a way of taking pressure off the bloke. Don't tell me that if Lui goes well at 7 and after 10 games we have 8 or 9 wins that Lui will be sent packing. I reckon that this comment by sheens will also serve to soften the blow if Lui does not perform and has to be dropped. Sheens does always seem keen to preserve the confidence of the younger players. I could be wrong, its just the way I interpret the info at hand.

Fitness wise and how the game has changed-wise I agree that Lote will take time to get back to his best but the guy is a star, and I am sure we will all be very happy he's signed with us. Just having his experience in the backline (Kangaroos, Wallabies, Origin) will be amazing for Ayshford, Ryan and Lawrence. And he's massive too.

Ahhhh…...the pre-season tension is almost over!
:sunglasses:

I feel that it will all come together any which way you look at it.
We bought Lote to eventually feel the hole left by Hodgo. Thats the long and short of it.
Tuiaki is the Key.

When he returns it will be:

1\. Tuqiri
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Moltzen

In the mean time let Sheens toy with the side as much as he wants. believe me, he is under a massive amount of pressure to get results so I doubt his round 1-8 decisions will jeopardise the teams chances of bombing out early on.
He knows what happens at training and where the players heads are at. Think about it. If Moltzen really wants to be halfback and has to play fullback for 8 rounds, then how do you think he will play at half from round 9 and beyond?
He will smash it! Why? Because he knows that if he slips then Lui will be there and there abouts to reclaim the 7\. It is called "in-house" competetiveness and extracting the absolute best both menatlly and physically out of your players.

Has anyone here ever coached (at any level) or played at a competitive level before?
If you have, you will understand. Sometimes you need to stimulate an individual by taking away what he/she thinks is essentially theirs. It make them want it even more.

BELIEVE!
:ugeek:

If and When Robert Lui plays well for the tihgers in FG - He Wont be dropped back to NYC.

We all will see that this decission to play him No7 with be vindicated.

Lets all note that it is very likley that Moltzen will not be a Tiger if the Bears come in….

Its called hedging your bets

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ryan make the switch to centre and see Ayshford move to lock with Fulton as the utility later in the year. That, or Lote moves into centre.

@JeddicaAnne said:
**Sorry about this outburst**

I absolutly cannot believe Mr Tim Sheens himself has put money over the greater good of the team. Benji and Tim are a winning combination and every game they play together they become a stronger combination. Moving poor Tim who kicked arse last year into utility just so that an over rate Tuqiri can be moved into Fullback because management doesnt want to put a player that they have spent that much money on the wing. And he lost his halfback position to Robert Lui who I personlly have no problems with except that now Tim has been left without a position that he deserves. As if I wasnt upset enough as it was about the decision to allow Lote to sign (even though we the supports and members of West Tigers do not know why he lost his Wallibies contract) now Tim has lost fullback and halfback and I'm well and truely p**s.
\
\
Forever Tigers
:sign:

Mrs Moltzen, surely you have come across footy club politics before, as Tim has been playing for quite some time and as you aware the politics exist in all levels of the game from NRL down to nappy brigades.
Be grateful hes in the team, on the park, having a run.

@innsaneink said:
Mrs Moltzen, surely you have come across footy club politics before, as Tim has been playing for quite some time and as you aware the politics exist in all levels of the game from NRL down to nappy brigades.

I'm curiuos…..What politics are involved.....?

Sheens see Lui and Moltzen as the 7 and 1 for now....the majority of punters don't agree...

Someone mentioned in another thread that a ball hasn't really been kicked in anger yet....Shouldn't we wait and see what happens.......

Innsaneink is 100% correct.

Any one who has played at a reasonable level understands that there are politics,more so at the higher level.

It is very hard to explain and very hard to prove but believe me it exists.Just some clubs are worst than others.

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:

I'm curiuos…..What politics are involved.....?

Sheens see Lui and Moltzen as the 7 and 1 for now....the majority of punters don't agree...

Someone mentioned in another thread that a ball hasn't really been kicked in anger yet....Shouldn't we wait and see what happens.......

starting to become obvious to me geo that you've never laced up a boot,, :blush:

I felt the urge to say "its becoming obvious to me tomcat that you didnt graduate high school". But I will restrain myself.

@tomcat said:
starting to become obvious to me geo that you've never laced up a boot,, :blush:

Ouch ….I did actually...Berala Bears Under 10's....obviously not the level that you must of reached.....Or was it politics that stood in your way?

What's next? Opinions don't count unless you played first grade football?

Beau Ryan Winger is gunna get pretty lonely on the forum then....

@Geo. said:
@tomcat said:

Ouch ….I did actually...Berala Bears Under 10's....obviously not the level that you must of reached.....Or was it politics that stood in your way?

Hahaha…i can remember playing the Berala Bears in the under 10's.
I grew up in the Lidcombe...,ironically i followed Balmain while all my mates follwed Wests.

@Icon said:
@Geo. said:
@tomcat said:

Hahaha…i can remember playing the Berala Bears in the under 10's.
I grew up in the Lidcombe...,ironically i followed Balmain while all my mates follwed Wests.

![](http://i50.tinypic.com/10gldw8.jpg)

Check out that handsome devil….front row left....

Back