How did it get worse?

I am over the attacks on Pascoe.

He is the GM, Lee H is chairman of the board. Their job is too:
get good recruitment.
Get good TPA's i.e. Easts style.
appoint the right football people.

They are back of house not front of house. Our failure in 2023 is front of house.

Now Lee H should have taken more scrutiny on the Sheens coaching position. It was a hard decision and someone external should have been moved in. Benji should have been properly set up to find a coaching career.

Pascoe's job is to keep the club running and ensure back of house stuff is done. It's being done. The only thing I blame Pascoe for is the delays to the COE, that's it.

Lets blame front of house stuff where it lays. Not keep bashing back of house people for on field performances.

lol. Hi Justin.

How did it get worse? it's not, just same shite different year.

Should be what did we do different for 3 years? 05, 10 & 11.

I think no one would be able to answer that which suggests luck...

it hasn't gotten worse. this team plays a better brand of football and is clearly playing for their coaches given the effort on both sides of the ball. as Sheens says though, our issues lie in the options we take, which falls on our spine.

again, outside of Laurie, Doueihi and Brooks, our players have improved. Naden (bar the poor showing on Friday in attack), Kepaoa, Tupou, Pole, Blore, Simpkin and Twal are markedly improved on where they were. our new recruits have been immense and have shown the way.

if we go to market and sign a 1, 6 and 7, we will improve. Matamua at lock is fast becoming a must also. we're really not far off.
I wouldn’t go as far as to say a better brand of football. It’s certainly “different”, and aesthetically looks worse on field.

The forward pack is much improved, and one positive is seeing them consistently pushing into the opposition half.

I agree that there are some players that have improved, but Brooks, Doueihi and Laurie aren’t an aside - they’re a critical part of the spine and must be functioning well together.

The start to this season has highlighted some poor coaching imo, in not being able to get those guys working cohesively. Sheens is an experienced coach, and although there are some new personnel around in coaching and the team itself, you only need look at the Dolphins who’ve wiped that excuse.

Is it possible it’s too early to call?
I realise we haven’t had a win for 16 games, but you can’t count the 12 from last year because we planned for those losses, so in a way that’s a victory of sorts?
That leaves the 4 games this season and to be fair, that’s all this team has had together with our key players missing if not most, all of the preseason training.
Apparently Madge wasn't given a fair go yet people on here also think Benji, sheens and Farah should be sacked after 4 games lol

get good recruitment.

They are back of house not front of house. Our failure in 2023 is front of house.

Now Lee H should have taken more scrutiny on the Sheens coaching position. It was a hard decision and someone external should have been moved in. Benji should have been properly set up to find a coaching career.

Pascoe's job is to keep the club running and ensure back of house stuff is done. It's being done. The only thing I blame Pascoe for is the delays to the COE, that's it.

Lets blame front of house stuff where it lays. Not keep bashing back of house people for on field performances.
Pascoe is the CEO of this club. It is a football club. Success is and should be measured by on field performance.

In Pascoe's tenure, we have not once made the finals. We have sacked two coaches and lost one other.

Pascoe has been suspended for his mismanagement of the salary cap and cost the club a fair whack in fines.

He has done a decent job with the finances for sure. But he also has to take responsibility for the decisions made in selecting a coach and the roster we have assembled. Pascoe can't hide behind the bottom line and say he has done his job. He's the CEO, he's the head of the club. The buck stops with him and as far as I'm concerned our on field failures have his fingerprints all over them.

Its simple - Our defence is way better ( I still cringe remembering Roosters 72 pts and Raiders 42 first half pts )
Defence should be way better weve recruited 4 genuine star forwards that 4/6 of run on pack
Our attack has got worse except for 30 mins against dogs .So so clunky the entire backline not just the half's

Pascoe is the CEO of this club. It is a football club. Success is and should be measured by on field performance.

In Pascoe's tenure, we have not once made the finals. We have sacked two coaches and lost one other.

Pascoe has been suspended for his mismanagement of the salary cap and cost the club a fair whack in fines.

He has done a decent job with the finances for sure. But he also has to take responsibility for the decisions made in selecting a coach and the roster we have assembled. Pascoe can't hide behind the bottom line and say he has done his job. He's the CEO, he's the head of the club. The buck stops with him and as far as I'm concerned our on field failures have his fingerprints all over them.
Well said. The decision-making of the club is bizarre. The current coaching team made no sense with Flanno was available.

The public courting of Ciraldo, Munster and Moses was embarrassing. I don't see other clubs making such public plays for players and coaches. Then they hire Sheens, who's been out of the game, Benji, who is not known for tactical nous and Robbie, whose ego caused a lot of problems here for years.

The hiring of Madge was a strange one too. After Souths, he was always going to turn Tigers into a plodding bore, which is how things have played out. It was obvious that he only won that comp because he had a team full of great players at their peak. I never saw players improve much under his coaching, not like under Bennett, Bellamy, Robbo and even (ugh!) Cleary.

And how could he not be sacked after losing 38-0 to the spooners in the last game of the year? That could not happen at any other club - to re-hire a coach who failed so obviously.

Then there was the Tigers movie, with Maguire making motherhood statements and scaring the joy and confidence out of the boys. How this was supposed to paint a team that was failing badly in a good light, I don't know.

These are just the head office blunders that comes to mind before morning coffee. There's no doubt many more. They have to take main responsibility for this decade of ever-diminishing returns.

get good recruitment.

I thought Pascoe’s main responsibility would be organisational development, setting mutually agreed goals with department heads, providing direction for the organisation.
But alas, I’ve now learned that he and Hagipantelis are not responsible for anything which happens front of house, further, anything they do or say has no bearing on on field performance?
I would like to hear more from Pascoe on Wests Tigers goals and how they are progressing.

Its simple - Our defence is way better ( I still cringe remembering Roosters 72 pts and Raiders 42 first half pts )
Defence should be way better weve recruited 4 genuine star forwards that 4/6 of run on pack
Our attack has got worse except for 30 mins against dogs .So so clunky the entire backline not just the half's
It’s not way better when compared to the first 4 games last year. It’s worse after having played pretty much the same 4 teams.

I’m still concerned about our defence. Even though we’ve avoided any blowouts so far, it’s only been 4 rounds and the Bulldogs game was headed that way before we had a lucky comeback in the later stages of the match. This week will be a good test of that. We’ll wait and see I guess.

I’m still concerned about our defence. Even though we’ve avoided any blowouts so far, it’s only been 4 rounds and the Bulldogs game was headed that way before we had a lucky comeback in the later stages of the match. This week will be a good test of that. We’ll wait and see I guess.
I agree acid test this week our opponents so far haven't been dazzling but those 2 horrendous blow outs were 3rd last and last game last season .I think the 4 class forward recruits make a difference .
But our attack terrible its like our 1-7 are strangers and 2nd rate

I think Broncos might give the WT a thrashing this week.

Feels like every week WT are just shuffling the chairs on the Titanic and Brooks is the Captain and happy to take on the ice berg.

no point having all this cap room if nobody of significance will sign the dotted line 😭 the state of this club man but hey AtLeAsT tHeY’rE PrOfItAbLe

i hope the ten years of doom is on the horizon of its conclusion.

but hey here we are with our “five year plan” and our “prestigious juniors” who get smacked week in week out.

maybe someone suggest moving players out of position like that sheens guy once did im sure itll help 🤡

daily rant over
tigers 1-12 this weekend put the house on it.. points that is

18th July 2021 tigers scored 8 tries against broncos at suncorp !
Halfs pairing that day Douehi at 6 Brooks at 7
Nofo and Tommy T both got doubles that day
Just a pipedream same half's and better pack now but backline clunky

To me it seems like the club goes all in on Plan A & never has a backup plan, we sacked Madge & went all out on getting Ciraldo, once we failed to do so the club had no idea what to do so they brought back in a coach who got fired from the same job 10 years ago & gave him two assistants who have no coaching experience whatsoever.

The club let's go of Hastings & Madden and puts all their eggs in the Moses basket as they think Brooks is somehow going to magically bring Moses back to Concord because they are close mates outside of footy & that Moses will bring the best out of Brooks when they played together for pretty much 3 seasons and didn't fire. Sheens also thought that Hastings didn't suit his new style of attacking play & that he was going to revive Brooks career & what did Tim Sheens learn? You can have all the attack in the world but if you don't have anyone to organise the side they are going to struggle hence why we are 0-4. Comparing Hastings & Brooks in that regard is like comparing chalk & cheese... Brooks is no where near capable of organising a side, he actually looked the best he had in years once paired next to a genuine 7 in Hastings.

Sheens harped on all pre season that he has his spine set for 2023 and not even 5 games in the narrative has already changed to Doueihi is the best fullback at the club & Wakeham is there to take pressure off Brooks. If AD was the best fullback at the club the whole time why did Daine play there the first two rounds & Staines in round 3? Once Plan A doesn't work this club makes it up as they go along. All of this comes down to poor leadership from the CEO who is clearly out of his depth meanwhile us fans are supposed to buy the crap of Wests Tigers DNA & membership is the highest it's ever been, the club is returning a profit.... all of this is well & good but if the club doesn't have any on field success what's the point of it all?

Last edited:
Sacked Madge
Pursued Ciraldo - FAILED
No back up plan
Create a good feel story with Benji/Robbie
Sacked (didn’t want) Hastings and Madden
Pursued Moses (+Brooks) - FAILED
No back up plan
Complete shambles pursuing Pearce

There seems to be a theme in every thing the Tigers do, and not just limited to these recent events

get good recruitment.

The scariest thing here is its not April 1 yet, which means you're serious.

Good lord.

Back