Is it just me

liltiger

Is it just me or is it time for robbie to seriously consider retirement, IMO he was woeful he is just so slow around the ruck even in defence he seems to struggle getting onside, he has been a fantastic clubman for the tigers and a great captain for many years but I reckon if he doesn't seriously start to consider hanging up his boots it will jeopardise his legacy for the tigers. If it were me I'd bugger the money id rather be remembered as a great clubman not as someone who played two seasons two long and was a passenger therefor becoming a cautionary tale.

Maybe he's realised the mess he created last season has hampered us, because I agree his body language on field is that of someone who's miserable

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@tiga4eva said:
Maybe he's realised the mess he created last season has hampered us, because I agree his body language on field is that of someone who's miserable

With body language like that Farah definitely should not be captain. It is certainly time for a real shake up within the club and by that I mean a shake up of coach, captain and players. Release of truth instead of spin from club management and coach to faithful supporters would not go astray either.

Yeah, everyone knows that I've been a huge supporter of Robbie and, even up until recently, I thought the rampant criticism of him on here has been unjustified. However, in his last few games for us he has played way below his usual standard and he does appear to be very disinterested.

I don't know if this is just as a result of where the team is at this year - many of the players look like they wish the season was over, tbh - or if, as you say liltiger, it is actually time for him to hang up his boots.

He is 33 and has had a great career. He is a businessman and has many other interests, so perhaps it is time he thinks about pursuing another career path. My only hope is that he would go out being remembered, by us fans, as a champion rather than a chump.

Maybe the realisation has dawned on him that now the coach that he helped into the position truely CAN NOT COACH!

@Snake said:
Maybe the realisation has dawned on him that now the coach that he helped into the position truely CAN NOT COACH!

Yep , he's made his bed and now he has to lie it it !

He has a contract worth about 900g a year and people think he should do the honourable thing and walk away from that deal. Why would he, as a pro footballer you have a very small window in your life to make money, so you will not see Robbie or any other footballers walking away from a big fat juicy contract.

Maybe ESL is a chance, but I think he will stick around to the end of his contract

@hobbo2803 said:
@Snake said:

Yep , he's made his bed and now he has to lie it it !

Sad but true, methinks.
Robbie talked too much last year to Tallis which came out into the public arena therefore crucifying Potter. Now he understands that Potter wasn't that bad after all.

Unfortunately he can't say a damn thing now, he has to suffer it. He probably believed, as we all did, that JT was going to fix things. JT's defence and structures were what we needed. Look at the reality.

Farah looks sullen.

While I'm at it, Farah wasn't the only one that fell for Taylor's dribble. Our board said that JT's presentation was the best, that's why they selected him. They fell hook, line and sinker for the same dribble.

Forget about other applicants that runs on the board, they just didn't talk the talk, is all.

@cqtiger said:
While I'm at it, Farah wasn't the only one that fell for Taylor's dribble. Our board said that JT's presentation was the best, that's why they selected him. They fell hook, line and sinker for the same dribble.

Forget about other applicants that runs on the board, they just didn't talk the talk, is all.

I see your point but in reality a coach is only as good as his cattle TBH. No team has ever won a premiership with a pathetic roster and that is unfortunately what we Ade stuck with for the next few years at least until we sort our salary cap schemozzle out. We could have the best coach money could buy and it doesn't make much of a difference IMO. You may as well run last as much as 2nd when it comes down to it.

@Fade To Black said:
@cqtiger said:

I see your point but in reality a coach is only as good as his cattle TBH. No team has ever won a premiership with a **pathetic roster** and that is unfortunately what we Ade stuck with for the next few years at least until we sort our salary cap schemozzle out. We could have the best coach money could buy and it doesn't make much of a difference IMO. You may as well run last as much as 2nd when it comes down to it.

This just isnt the case, the roster is ok it is however not playing to its ability.

We could make the 8 with this roster, would need another 3 genuine first graders to challenge top 4 though.

Yeah pathetic was too strong of a word but we have a very average roster in all reality, some of that is due in part to the inexperience of many of our players who may turn into quality players in a few years.As it stands now though we are light years aaway from the top teams, you only have to look at all of our losses to the useless teams around us on the ladder. It happens every single year,we lose regularly against teams of equal or more often lesser ability than ourselves. That seems to be a culture problem,attitude,focus,commitment etc….Taylor has adopted that problem, he isn't the sole cause of it like people would have you believe. Sure he isn't a great coach but the players need to man up, stand up and take responsibility for lack of heart and desire out on the paddock. We as a club do not have enough steel in us, never have bar '05.

@Fade To Black said:
**we lose regularly against teams of equal or more often lesser ability than ourselves. That seems to be a culture problem,attitude,focus,commitment etc….Taylor has adopted that problem, he isn't the sole cause of it like people would have you believe. Sure he isn't a great coach but the players need to man up, stand up and take responsibility for lack of heart and desire out on the paddock. We as a club do not have enough steel in us, never have bar '05**.

Cant argue with that. its the truth.

Only real debate is how long is long enough for Taylor to try and change that. Some want another year, others have seen enough to say he isnt the man for the job.

Probably still injured and capable on another good year if tem is firing but really on the slide.
But after what happened with Marshall it would be good if he finished his career as a one team player and premiership winner.
Our club needs someone like that in the future.
Better the media asking him stuff about our club i 5 or 10 years time than Roach and Eliias.

@Magpie Magic said:
Probably still injured and capable on another good year if tem is firing but really on the slide.
But after what happened with Marshall it would be good if he finished his career as a one team player and premiership winner.
Our club needs someone like that in the future.
Better the media asking him stuff about our club i 5 or 10 years time than Roach and Eliias.

Agreed he deserves respect for what he has done for the club sure he isnt the player he was but he is still our best 9 and will give good training to cherrington

I can agree to a point about Farah,my main arguement is,if he is such a good clubman and a prominent captain of this team and a mentor,shouldn't he concentrate on that job,rather than SOO or other business dealings,his other business doesn't concern me…good luck to him,but 900k a year to play and captain this club..should be his priority..if he is to old now,hang up the boots and let someone else have ago.When he is out of the team for origin,they go backwards,then we have to do without him for weeks while he gets over the injuries he picked up through origin..play origin,just don't ask for 900 k a year and not perform to that paycheque..it's not fair on the team who rely on his service and commitment..

I just think his heart is not in it anymore as it was once before. His main concern and passion is in SOO.
I've picked up on it, in a couple of radio interviews and articles.
I feel Woods maybe going down the same path but i maybe wrong.

@TrueTiger said:
I can agree to a point about Farah,my main arguement is,if he is such a good clubman and a prominent captain of this team and a mentor,shouldn't he concentrate on that job,rather than SOO or other business dealings,his other business doesn't concern me…good luck to him,but 900k a year to play and captain this club..should be his priority..if he is to old now,hang up the boots and let someone else have ago.When he is out of the team for origin,they go backwards,then we have to do without him for weeks while he gets over the injuries he picked up through origin..play origin,just don't ask for 900 k a year and not perform to that paycheque..it's not fair on the team who rely on his service and commitment..

I think he will struggle to gain selection next season for Origin..there are a few contenders next year one thinks and if Daley has learnt anything incumbency and loyalty means nothing in the real world of cut throat sport . But I do agree Farah has to realise that the club has to come first in the future at 32 it is time to enjoy the remainder of time left on the paddock ..but I suspect it will be the one year to many and there is nothing worse than seeing a champion go out in that manner.

Back