Is Poor Officiating Going To End Up In Court

• Thread starter Deleted member 3518
  • Start date
Court action will only work if we can use the potential link of betting $$$ and results that come about form howlers given. The age old dictum 'follow the money'
There would have been millions paid out already in beta on the result.... The NRL reversing the result would see them screwed by all the betting companies
Won't happen

The bigger question remains why is it the tigers that this happens too?
Simple there's no fear. The only media we get is either laughed at or negative, it's a mental thing, the ref reacted today because of the no penalty involving Ben hunt in front of the sticks, so the ref's are afraid. There's another end game potential penalty they look at it, don't want a repeat of Ben Hunt so are naturally biased to the Cowboys, so now that being said in the situation the lesser of two evils is to penalise the Tigers, the media won't cover it like I said because all we get is negative press and Payten will go after them, where we just sit down and take it.

When I first read the topic heading I thought "your dreaming" but when a player successfully sues for serious injuries that are sustained from players breaking the rules ala McKinnon, then why can't we sue for loss if income.
Loss of income due to the impact of sponsors, recruiting and missing the finals if it were to happen next year.
This could be the angle that Brydens are going to take???

Not necessarily, Fox Sports is reporting the tigers are indeed looking at legal avenues and that the NRL have privately conceded it was entirely the wrong call. Hope its followed through.
Well it wouldn’t be the first time Fox sports made up a story. Honestly, as much as I hate it, we will more likely get a vague apology and then back to the usual programming. We won’t get the points, the cowboys won’t lose the points and the bets won’t be refunded. Lee might give the NRL the frowning of a lifetime but nothing will change for us.

Well it wouldn’t be the first time Fox sports made up a story. Honestly, as much as I hate it, we will more likely get a vague apology and then back to the usual programming. We won’t get the points, the cowboys won’t lose the points and the bets won’t be refunded. Lee might give the NRL the frowning of a lifetime but nothing will change for us.
The bets have already been cashed in as a win

There would have been millions paid out already in beta on the result.... The NRL reversing the result would see them screwed by all the betting companies
Won't happen
This is why it should be pursued. The betting companies want the favourite to win so the whole thing is legally illegal. Send it to court.
South's took the nrl to court and won.
We were forced to merge and stood back and took it. Its about time would stood up to these f##ks

Reactions: BZN
Offences incurring 6. A player who kicks off or drops-out shall be penalised penalties – kicker if he:– (a) advances in front of the appropriate line before kicking the ball.

View attachment 2003
We should challenge for offside from the kick-off. Cowgirls challenge supposedly took 26 seconds, so what's another 6 hours matter in the NRL where rules are apparently optional. All futile as Klown would just penalise us for something else.

Reactions: BZN
We yearn for success after 12
years. 2 beloved clubs, we're heavily invested and scotched
on whether we like it or not bro.
we're easy to bet on or against.
That's the thing. Many other clubs loose fans big time when losing . But our memberships increase so the NRL could just say well....franchise WT are busy with customers so they don't need any oiling.;)

Lost a lot of respect for Payten out of all this! Had the perfect opportunity to tell the truth, but instead claims the whole ‘rub of the green call’. Payten has always been a straight shooter, but this time crawling back into his shell hiding away there.
Makes a big statement earlier in the year about the unfairness in the game. How the good sides always get the calls going their way. Now the shoes on the other foot, he claims ‘that’s football, type of crap!!
Sorry toddy had the perfect opyto show integrity and just being a fair honest guy. Instead weak as ****!
Imagine what he would say if this happens to them in a final.
C’mon Toddy just be a decent human, weak!!

Strange the kick with 1 second to go was so deep in fact deep enough to stop anyone beating Laurie to the ball?
Well it was deep to put penalty within kicking range
Then all you need do is collide with someone and fall over
Preplanned cheating !
The Nrl has lost all credibility cant take the competition seriously
Note also Klein came up with sin bin for "shoulder charge " when it was the shoulder brace no charge?

Strange the kick with 1 second to go was so deep in fact deep enough to stop anyone beating Laurie to the ball?
Well it was deep to put penalty within kicking range
Then all you need do is collide with someone and fall over
Preplanned cheating !
The Nrl has lost all credibility cant take the competition seriously
Note also Klein came up with sin bin for "shoulder charge " when it was the shoulder brace no charge?

Good point.the NRL will be in overdrive today covering up Kleins bias/cheating/corruption,it is at least 1 of those quite possibly all 3.Losing as much as i hate it i can accept but what happened yesterday goes well beyond fair play,you could argue the result was fixed

Back