Isaiah Papali’i #265

Maybe. Let’s hope so.
Yea, but you nailed it earlier... "He still owes us from last year".

Yes we did not perform, but Klem showed that he can still turn up in a loosing team. Papalii did not show up anywhere as much.

Some players are notorious for only showing up at important games, i.e. Dane Gagai. We can't carry players to the finals.

If Papalii doesn't justify his place in First grade this year, punt him to reserves.

I want to acknowledge Ice’s performances so far. I have been quick to say he is just going through the motions and didn’t seem to care. He looks genuinely happy now and I have been impressed with his efforts so far. He realised gets filthy on himself if he makes an error and looks like is loving Benji life. He will have be at his best this week but I am starting to believe he wants to be successful here at the Tiges

I want to acknowledge Ice’s performances so far. I have been quick to say he is just going through the motions and didn’t seem to care. He looks genuinely happy now and I have been impressed with his efforts so far. He realised gets filthy on himself if he makes an error and looks like is loving Benji life. He will have be at his best this week but I am starting to believe he wants to be successful here at the Tiges

Maybe he realises the club is trying it's hardest to get him quality players to run off

Last week was his best performance for us so far … I like how he went after certain players too in defense
Can't forget his effort on Talakai. One of the hardest men to stop in the league from that position. Plays like this won us the game. If we compete like that every week, then we will be in every game.

Unfit prop playing 80 minutes in the backrow.
Bad hands.

Made his name off one good season @ Parra.

Still has something to offer.
Bench prop is where his future  should be.

I can’t say I disagree … but if you want to move him to bench prop then they will be paying him more than what he will be giving them back .. and they are not even half way through his deal yet…

I mean… they are paying your mate Twal $350k a year to be a benchie…

I can’t say I disagree … but if you want to move him to bench prop then they will be paying him more than what he will be giving them back .. and they are not even half way through his deal yet…

I mean… they are paying your mate Twal $350k a year to be a benchie…
I think we may get more value out of him this way.

Seeing lots of errors from him and he looks exhausted.

If we can get a decent backrower like Sua to replacement this would be the move.

He struggles to make an impact in a loosing side but can run amok in a competitive side. I don’t think he’s our biggest issue. Didn’t have a good one yesterday.

Reactions: BZN
Sua cannot fix our problems. 15 years of signings.. look where we are.... the problem is soul deep.... we have the players we just have no heart... not for Tommy not for Keith

Reactions: BZN
I think we may get more value out of him this way.

Seeing lots of errors from him and he looks exhausted.

If we can get a decent backrower like Sua to replacement this would be the move.
I’d actually look at him as the 13. Body shape - check ! , ball skills -check - good defensively -check !
You know who we actually miss , Luke Garner ! He was good for a line break every game hitting a hole . That’s the type of edge we need . You need back rowers who run good lines , attract defenders and mos importantly have good timing .
To be fair to all our edges including the centres , Sullivan doesn’t dig into the line , which creates the shape and space for Bula to get the ball in that block pattern .
Our main issue isn’t so much as to the speed we execute , but the timing of the runs that it looks like they could be options , which in turns causes defences to turn in and then allow the edges to work .
Bula needs to work on his face ball / cutout . And the way he holds the ball when he runs . He tucks in too early IMO. I know it’s a fine art holding the defenders up with hands then tucking it in at the last second , so I’m really confident it will improve , but that also is an issue as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back