Isaiah Papali’i #265

His Mrs not finding a netball club out here would
have made matters worse. And our shitty halves

Reactions: 851
Let's also remember.

At the end of this season he is allowed to sign with other clubs.

He's playing for a pay rise

Hope he plays so well that he deserves a big one.
I think no matter how we go this year, he'll be signed elsewhere after Nov 1. He wants to win comps and he'd have a lot more hunger after losing a GF compared to Api who already has 3 under him.

I think no matter how we go this year, he'll be signed elsewhere after Nov 1. He wants to win comps and he'd have a lot more hunger after losing a GF compared to Api who already has 3 under him.

He also mentioned being a part of the top 8 legacy

Yeah probably, unless we do something ungodly and finish top 4 and give it a shake he's as good as gone.

Yeah probably, unless we do something ungodly and finish top 4 and give it a shake he's as good as gone.
Maybe

Or maybe Easts will come offering 800k or similar. But agreed HE IS GONE.

I have no idea why he signed with us in the first place. If he wants a finals appearance he may go back to the Eels. I reckon he signed here for the $$$, because he clearly did not sign here to win a Grand Final.

Expect Easts, St George with lots of $$$ or someone else.

Maybe

Or maybe Easts will come offering 800k or similar. But agreed HE IS GONE.

I have no idea why he signed with us in the first place. If he wants a finals appearance he may go back to the Eels. I reckon he signed here for the $$$, because he clearly did not sign here to win a Grand Final.

Expect Easts, St George with lots of $$$ or someone else.
Can’t say he is gone until we know for sure if he signs elsewhere. Honestly I believe he came due to Madge same with Api but that’s just my opinion. The money obviously would have been a reason to jump as well considering Parra lowballed him when they made him an offer to keep him. I don’t know if we’ll keep him or not, but the club is trying to show it’s on the up and has the potential moving forward, the talk of Benji changing things at the club (as well as Riccho) and signing Luai for next year is proof of that. Even Ice admitted the changes have been good. Just have to wait and see what he does mate, but if he gonna move, I don’t see Dragons landing him, they’re struggling to sign anyone big at the moment.

Glad others feel reassured by that one. I'm not impressed by papalii in that interview. These players talk so passively about losing and how it impacted them and made them drop their standards and they want to get back to enjoying football by winning more.

But if every player in a team is thinking like this, we're getting nowhere because who actually stands up?

I feel like Api wants the responsibility, and maybe the way Bula plays shows desperation. But some of these players just sound whiny and pathetic.

Parra also did nothing last year. As a player, and a good one, Papalii should be taking ownership over our team, not sniveling about it being difficult and dropping his standards. I guess if he's genuine and has learnt and has improved himself then that is something, but how often have we seen these sorts of comments from players who then go on to produce another dud season?

Demand it in your play and the work you do. Don't look for others for solutions. Have pride. Results matter but shouldn't determine that.

Last edited:
Glad others feel reassured by that one. I'm not impressed by papalii in that interview. These players talk so passively about losing and how it impacted them and made them drop their standards and they want to get back to enjoying football by winning more.

But if every player in a team is thinking like this, we're getting nowhere because who actually stands up?

I feel like Api wants the responsibility, and maybe the way Bula plays shows desperation. But some of these players just sound whiny and pathetic.

Parra also did nothing last year. As a player, and a good one, Papalii should be taking ownership over our team, not sniveling about it being difficult and dropping his standards. I guess if he's genuine and has learnt and has improved himself then that is something, but how often have we seen these sorts of comments from players who then go on to produce another did season?

Demand it in your play and the work you do. Don't look for others for solutions. Have pride. Results matter but shouldn't determine that.

Yeah, Papali'i needs to lift both individually and as a leader.

Not all players are mentally geared the same way. Losing gets into your psych and it would be great if all people could rise above it but the reality is it generally brings people down. It is totally understandable why players are reluctant t o join losing teams if they haven't reached their career goals.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back