Isaiah Papali’i #265

Ankle injury didn't look good.
Hopefully it's not the last time we see him play for wests tigers this season..
Is that because of the massive input he’s had or his passionate desire to play for us. Looks to me like he won’t be fit for quite a few weeks so by then we’ll have a replacement sorted out.
Now all we have to do is offload the Pom , who has much the same attitude, and we can at least envisage what life will be like moving forward.
After more than 65 years of being a Tiger, I find it harder and harder to see a future for this club, in its current form. Surely the next step is an interstate move.

Papali'i doesn't have the strength of character to play at the top of his game each game, for a struggling club like WT's.
I think I remember one of Our posters saying he tried to get out of his contract not long after signing with Us.
Imo, it's much better for Us that he goes, and the quicker the better as he Could be bringing the Team down.

Papi came here because Madge was his international coach and he wanted to play under him,when Madge got the bullet the brown stuff was always going to hit the fan especially with Sheens as coach

Is that because of the massive input he’s had or his passionate desire to play for us. Looks to me like he won’t be fit for quite a few weeks so by then we’ll have a replacement sorted out.
Now all we have to do is offload the Pom , who has much the same attitude, and we can at least envisage what life will be like moving forward.
After more than 65 years of being a Tiger, I find it harder and harder to see a future for this club, in its current form. Surely the next step is an interstate move.
Too see if he actually has any hunger to get back on the field.

Last edited:
Papi came here because Madge was his international coach and he wanted to play under him,when Madge got the bullet the brown stuff was always going to hit the fan especially with Sheens as coach
True,but these things happen all the time in the life of a professional footballer
Personally think hes been better than ok,missing genuine playmakers in the halves..and also the odd tackle.but our only damaging ball runner......Bateman,Klemmer and Stef dont exactly terrorise opponents
Disappointed
The risk is all our better players desert the ship if we keep losing..not sure Id stick around either tbh

If we have a brain at all we pay Papalli to play for the Panthers and get a gun kid back that’s got a blocked path. Help them win another comp. I’d do the same with Uto if else wants to leave.

Yea, we misjudged that one. I think we could have hired Nathan Brown as he would have been a player Papi knew and was on the open market. IMHO in hindsight Brown would have been better then Bateman, but foresight I would have picked Bateman 100%

Ofcourse the big one we missed was Adam Reynolds.
We had Madge. Brisbane was coming last in the comp.
We could have matched Brisbane's offer and I would have kept Madge around an extra year just to land Reynolds.

We aren’t making finals and he’s no longer in our future plans … if it were up to me I’d let him sit on the pine for the remainder of 24
Along with anyone else moving on. This season is done and dusted for us. Might as well chuck in the younger ones and give them a taste. (I know they're coming last, but at least they want to be here 🤷‍♀️)

Tigers’ Papali’i to miss eight weeks; Roosters blood rookie Steep​

ByDan Walsh and Adrian Proszenko

Updated May 30, 2024 — 5.10pmfirst published May 27, 2024 — 8.16am

Wests Tigers star Isaiah Papali’i will miss the next two months after undergoing tightrope surgery following a contentious hip drop tackle that landed North Queensland’s Valentine Holmes in the sin bin.
Papali’i will miss the next eight weeks, and the majority of his last season at the joint-venture, in a hammer blow for Benji Marshall’s struggling side.

The Tigers have lost eight in a row to slide to a sit only above the Rabbitohs on the NRL ladder, with this week’s bye offering rare reprieve given the club’s lengthy list of missing stars.
Papali’i joins John Bateman (pec), David Klemmer and Aiden Sezer (suspensions) on the sidelines, while centres Justin Olam and Brent Naden will be available next Thursday against the Dragons after serving their own bans.

The Tigers are hopeful Papali’i will be able to return by the end of July, though a recovery around the 10-week mark is not out of the question either.
The Kiwi international will join premiers Penrith next season after the Panthers bought out the final year of his $750,000-a-season Tigers contract, a release CEO Shane Richardson said was “about getting our salary cap in better shape”.
Holmes was sin-binned for his tackle on Papali’i last weekend in the Cowboys 42-28 win, before paying an $1800 fine for a grade 1 dangerous contact charge.

Tigers’ Papali’i to miss eight weeks; Roosters blood rookie Steep​

ByDan Walsh and Adrian Proszenko

Updated May 30, 2024 — 5.10pmfirst published May 27, 2024 — 8.16am

Wests Tigers star Isaiah Papali’i will miss the next two months after undergoing tightrope surgery following a contentious hip drop tackle that landed North Queensland’s Valentine Holmes in the sin bin.
Papali’i will miss the next eight weeks, and the majority of his last season at the joint-venture, in a hammer blow for Benji Marshall’s struggling side.

The Tigers have lost eight in a row to slide to a sit only above the Rabbitohs on the NRL ladder, with this week’s bye offering rare reprieve given the club’s lengthy list of missing stars.
Papali’i joins John Bateman (pec), David Klemmer and Aiden Sezer (suspensions) on the sidelines, while centres Justin Olam and Brent Naden will be available next Thursday against the Dragons after serving their own bans.

The Tigers are hopeful Papali’i will be able to return by the end of July, though a recovery around the 10-week mark is not out of the question either.
The Kiwi international will join premiers Penrith next season after the Panthers bought out the final year of his $750,000-a-season Tigers contract, a release CEO Shane Richardson said was “about getting our salary cap in better shape”.
Holmes was sin-binned for his tackle on Papali’i last weekend in the Cowboys 42-28 win, before paying an $1800 fine for a grade 1 dangerous contact charge.
Bloody unfair, we lose a player for a long period and Holmes gets a fine. System sucks like so much of life today.

What are they paying him the rest of year to rehab so he’s cherry ripe next year? Only consolation is tigers not having to fork out 3/4 of a million for the mediocrity he’d no doubt serve up next year if he was still was wearing black white and gold.

What are they paying him the rest of year to rehab so he’s cherry ripe next year? Only consolation is tigers not having to fork out 3/4 of a million for the mediocrity he’d no doubt serve up next year if he was still was wearing black white and gold.

No LT, they're paying final yr 2025 which was 750k p/a

Back