Isaiah Papali’i #265

We showed last year sometimes you need to go all in and pay a bit more to get the player. We were too conservative last year and got noone.

Whilst we not offering stupid money for a player like mbye or Reynolds this bloke has plenty upside and we can afford it

@ozluke said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507495) said:
@gnr4life said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507493) said:
@ozluke said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507487) said:
@gnr4life said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507486) said:
@ozluke said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507485) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507387) said:
Cant believe no one has posted a highlights vid yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Uz3GWP8ak

Can't believe someone on here hasn't already told us he is rubbish.....

good signing.....

You’re looking for the Parra forum. One good year apparently.

I'm reading that as we speak and having a giggle

What’s with their layout? It looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2003.

at least it is more recent than their last premiership......

Man they've turned on gutherson

I know, I was saying that earlier. Seems like another Sharon. Doing nothing as captain to help the club out. Only out for himself

@tony-soprano said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507498) said:
We showed last year sometimes you need to go all in and pay a bit more to get the player. We were too conservative last year and got noone.

Whilst we not offering stupid money for a player like mbye or Reynolds this bloke has plenty upside and we can afford it

The right type of player will always outplay his contract value, barring injury. I think Papa is one.

@bagnf05 said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507488) said:
Glad we didn’t panic buy this time.

This is our first signing where we've been rewarded for not being stupid in the past. I hope we get a couple more signings at this level.

@bagnf05 said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507501) said:

The right type of player will always outplay his contract value, barring injury. I think Papa is one.

We haven't paid stupid money either. We've paid good money but not stupid.

Fifita is on 1 million +. Is Fifita a better player ?

@earl said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507506) said:

Not for Wests Tigers. We need workers who go hard into collisions. Fifita is a big human who loves running at small blokes on an edge.

@earl said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507506) said:

Yes he is.

Mammoth Deal With Rival
Ed Chisholm 1 hour ago
Comments
|

The Wests Tigers have landed a huge blow in the player market, poaching breakout Eels star Isaiah Papapli'i.

Just one season after propelling his NRL career to new heights with Parramatta, Papali'i has signed a three-year deal to join one of their biggest rivals in season 2023.

The departure of Papali'i comes a week after it was announced Marata Niukore would also be leaving the club in 2023 to join the Warriors on a lucrative three-year deal.

After a dominant season in which he was named in the Dally M Team of the Year, Parramatta were eager to hang onto Papali'i but were reportedly blown out of the water by a mammoth $600,000 a season offer from the Tigers.

It will come as a huge upgrade on the $150,000 contract Papali'i reportedly signed when he was picked up by the Eels at the end of 2020 after being let go by the Warriors.

Great signing. He played mostly Union in Auckland, NZ as a kid and killed it when playing league in High School for Mt Albert. Was poorly used at the warriors and just cruised on natural talent needs coaches like Arthur and Madge, old school to get the best out of him. Very talented just needed a kick up the bum to realize it.

they seem very determined to hang on to him this season, and conveniently forget the slime they pulled to land their own players

Moses has requested a move back to Tigers in 2023 so he won't have Papali'i running at him.

Loving this from1eyedeel:

Wizards “Prof Dobber”Sleeve November 18, 2021 at 1:12pm
Guthersons price tag just went up to 1.8m a season as he knows we have more money to spend . He probably brokered the deal with the tigers himself .
Tin Tim November 18, 2021 at 1:42pm
He should be shown the door, a captain should lead by example by trying to keep the squad together. Instead he put on a side show every time his contract up.

Over the moon with this signing. Next up, upgrade and extension for Stefano. Thanks, Sheens and co.

So it looks like good players are prepared to join the club and play under Madge?………Who would have thought?

Hodgson next and we are starting to gain momentum in recruitment for others to see.

Tigers with a quality 2nd rower, seems too hard to believe.

@pj said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507472) said:
Gee I hope we get him early

I hope so too, but I'd almost guarantee the will keep. Look at Stef, he wasnt even playing 1st grade and they kept him.

@versa said in [Isaiah Papali’i signs 2023/25\.\.](/post/1507549) said:
Hopefully gets out early!!!

Judging from Parra’s press release, he wants to honour the final year

Back