Isaiah Papali’i #265

Damn this situation is disappointing. Thought he was going to be a good signing. He did some okay things but he never ran the ball as hard as he did at Parra. Didn't play as badly as some posters here are saying he did.
It’s a shit situation to be in rebuilding. Footy’s a game where the individual thrives when the collective is firing. When the collective is struggling, often times so does the individual. We’ve had a couple of hookers buck that trend but not many others. I think there’s a tipping point we need to get to with the quality of our roster where the wins will come and individual performances will snow ball. Hopefully it’s 2025, and someone else (who wants to play here) will come in and fill the hole left by Paps.

Only The Wests Tigers would release Papalil'i and keep Seyfarth and Twal.
Thats an amazingly stupid decision.
Totally Agree TigerTone,unless they have something happening it’s not looking good.
If they are replacing papalil with an upgrade of a player okay then but if they come out and say they want to bring up some young talent bugger me that will do me.
Our so called young talent are no where near what we need.

The fact Papali’i had no trouble having the premier club in the competition buying out his full contract tells you he has something to offer.
Our forwards in general are not our problem, they get the job done most weeks, but our backs are that poor they cannot capitalise.

The fact Papali’i had no trouble having the premier club in the competition buying out his full contract tells you he has something to offer.
Our forwards in general are not our problem, they get the job done most weeks, but our backs are that poor they cannot capitalise.
I agree that our forwards hold their own. But we must have over invested there and it’s left us with a poor backline and no depth.

If they offload paps and Bateman there’s probably $1.5 million to replace one of them and upgrade our outside backs. Don’t forget Sam Fainu looks like he’s going to fill one of their spots.

Totally Agree TigerTone,unless they have something happening it’s not looking good.
If they are replacing papalil with an upgrade of a player okay then but if they come out and say they want to bring up some young talent bugger me that will do me.
Our so called young talent are no where near what we need.
Not arguing but what if it was Papalii who said he wanted out? Already playing like Woods when he went soft. What would keeping him achieve? An unhappier person and potentially a lot of group disharmony.

In view of our current position on the ladder and in reality not likely to improve all that much next year via the core of our current non performing players, I have to agree with club decision to free up money for better cap and future player purchases. I think the fact we have gone hard for Luai and Turuva shows how serious the club is taking our past history and frustration of their fans . If there are members complaining about the loss of IP then they haven’t really been following his performance since he has been here.

Ip is our only intimidating forward..Im personally gobsmacked as there's lots to go before him...Batemans and Klemmer...neither wld be picked up by Panthers and simiilar $ to ip
Sure hope Richo has got a plan
We're a reverse John West.. only the fish that others reject!

FAR out.... watching Kayo ... hasn't Greg Alexander got the biggest erection about signing him..
The more I think about this the more I am comfortable with him leaving.
I think he is like most of the current eels players they are all flat track bullies...
He didn't change the outcome of any game whilst he was here. At the Warriors he was a nobody... when the eels hit some form he did alright..
So as long as the panthers fire he will be good, but he is not going to turn the game around for them.

FAR out.... watching Kayo ... hasn't Greg Alexander got the biggest erection about signing him..
I think he is like most of the current eels players they are all flat track bullies...
He didn't change the outcome of any game whilst he was here. At the Warriors he was a nobody... when the eels hit some form he did alright..
So as long as the panthers fire he will be good, but he is not going to turn the game around for them.
totally agree, he was like a kid in a candy shop on SEN this morning, he aint a a game changer that is for sure

He’s come to a struggling club and instead of trying to change things he’s complained and wanted out form the start. Comparing him and John Bateman John has had a red hot crack every time he has played and really tried to his hardest every time he’s out there. Isaiah just looks around and thinks it’s every ones fault but his

It’s just hard following this franchise every year where done by round 8 I really hope things are different this time with Richardson but imagine if this doesn’t work how hard it’s going to be to accept

Imagine if Jerome struggles as our halfback and all our jrs don’t turn out to be what we are hoping they will be

I have faith in Richardson and benji but just imagine for a second that this doesn’t work it will be so depressing I loose interest in rugby league around this time every year cause tigers are done I really really hope next year is different

Interesting that Blores gone and now Ice but we retain Klemmer and Twal .
They must have something that I’m missing.
Twal is kinda a cheapie.

Klemmer probably was promissed something by Richardson to deal with teh Scotty Fulton stupidity.

I don't know why we would shop Bateman at this point. His performance could be better, but I can't see us hiring better right at the moment.

Ultimately, we need to improve our attitude. It was said of Brisbane with Siebold at the helm "pick guys you want to loose with", sounds weird but we need to pick gritty players that at least we can loose a few games but still keep fighting.

Nah,

It's the right decision. Papalii hasn't performed.

Yes, if he was performing then it would be a stupid decision. Instead we see half an effort from him. I don't think that is going to change and he has the wrong attitude.

Great player, but he won't ever get out of second gear for us.

Back