Isaiah Papali’i #265

Agree to disagree champ, I just remember watching for for years at the Warriors and he hugely underperformed, he is an average player who needs to be surrounded by superstars to excel. Sadly he was not the sort of player that the Tigers should have pursued, he is far from elite.
That’s absolute rubbish love child.
Papali’i is a better than average back rower. you don’t make an nrl debut at 18 if you have nothing. You don’t play test footy at 19 if you’re ’hugely underperforming’.
Eels had the game plan to suit him, we didn’t.

Papali’i is a better than average back rower. you don’t make an nrl debut at 18 if you have nothing. You don’t play test footy at 19 if you’re ’hugely underperforming’.
Sometimes players hurt need the right club and system to flick a switch. Wasn’t the first, won’t be the last.

We (Tigers fans) were too busy basking in the signing or revelling in the chaos of weather he was actually coming to notice his form had dipped from 21 to 22....

Looking at his 23 form, Tell me the players from that 22 Eels side that played as well in 23 as they did in 22?
All of them went backwards, and have gone backwards again this year.
It's not just him / them,
Look at the likes of Nanai and Cotter - Plenty of young forwards have gone off the boil of late after breakout seasons, Sua the last couple years, Kaloamatagi this year....

He's better than average, and better than what we had....
But there's plenty of Eels fans that don't miss him after his 2nd season with him, and it will be the same here...
There are teams (Coaches) he could go to that will get the best out of him, I don't know the Panthers are that club....
Players like Garner, Eiso, Peachey, Laurie etc. haven't really kicked on (Performance wise - Obviously they're in a better team and getting better results, But aren't playing decidedly different) since heading over there?

Nice kid, I like him - I wish him well....
Don't know what we're replacing him with, But I won't really miss him.

If it hasn’t been discussed yet, anyone catch peacheys comments regarding IP?

States the truth yet totally classless at the same time lol

If it hasn’t been discussed yet, anyone catch peacheys comments regarding IP?

States the truth yet totally classless at the same time lol
There’s going to be a lot of people who haven’t, so why not just say what he said?

How many games did he excel at the Warriors with? How many games has he excelled at the Tigers with? He is an average back rower when not in a superstar side. World class players shine for more than two seasons, if he becomes the best second rower in the world in the next few years again I will eat my words. Jordan Rankin says hi, he debuted before 18, he really lit the NRL up.

Never really wanted to be here. Has played well for the most part, without being great. Obviously wasn’t invested and has been biding his time to get out. Question his fitness as he often looks gassed as an edge player and makes really poor and costly efforts in D at certain times in a game. Looked better at 13 recently.
No room for a player who really doesn’t want to play for you or his teammates, especially one who is supposed to be a leader and elite. I think the club has no choice at his contract level to let him go elsewhere.

We (Tigers fans) were too busy basking in the signing or revelling in the chaos of weather he was actually coming to notice his form had dipped from 21 to 22....

Looking at his 23 form, Tell me the players from that 22 Eels side that played as well in 23 as they did in 22?
All of them went backwards, and have gone backwards again this year.
It's not just him / them,
Look at the likes of Nanai and Cotter - Plenty of young forwards have gone off the boil of late after breakout seasons, Sua the last couple years, Kaloamatagi this year....

He's better than average, and better than what we had....
But there's plenty of Eels fans that don't miss him after his 2nd season with him, and it will be the same here...
There are teams (Coaches) he could go to that will get the best out of him, I don't know the Panthers are that club....
Players like Garner, Eiso, Peachey, Laurie etc. haven't really kicked on (Performance wise - Obviously they're in a better team and getting better results, But aren't playing decidedly different) since heading over there?

Nice kid, I like him - I wish him well....
Don't know what we're replacing him with, But I won't really miss him.
Yes, interesting point regarding the edge forwards losing form. Did they actually lose form or did they find it increasingly difficult to fly under the radar. There are some pretty decent coaches who can identify other teams threats and best ways to minimise them.
There are very few players in our squad that I would miss, maybe Api, Stef, Olam and Galvin we cannot afford to lose.

This is disappointing. I understand letting him go but it gives a sense of where our club is at. A high performing player comes to our club, underperforms and will go and perform well again elsewhere.

You just want to create a system where decent players can perform well, perhaps even get better, and at present whatever our system is leads to players underperforming and we haven't really seen this improve.

Even those happy to see him go will feel he's going to be very good for Penrith, and while that is obviously due in part to better players around him, it also is about the general buy-in and structure of their system that probably makes their role clear and makes players motivated.

We can say it's a good move because Papalii doesn't want to be here, but surely it is a big problem that he wants to go and doesn't see opportunity here. I feel like Papalii is unfit this year, he struggles around halftime and for that reason fades as the game goes on. We can blame his attitude and all that, but it's a bit too much of a pattern to put it just to that.

Just another in a very long line of talented players turning to shite when they come to us. This does my head in, I can’t fathom it. When is it ever gonna change?
When we poach more than one player a year.
We need to fill multiple gaps in the same year to have a chance.
Then simultaneously rebuild from the pathways plan from within.

Never really wanted to be here. Has played well for the most part, without being great. Obviously wasn’t invested and has been biding his time to get out. Question his fitness as he often looks gassed as an edge player and makes really poor and costly efforts in D at certain times in a game. Looked better at 13 recently.
No room for a player who really doesn’t want to play for you or his teammates, especially one who is supposed to be a leader and elite. I think the club has no choice at his contract level to let him go elsewhere.
Is no longer an edge forward, Penrith have brought him to replace fisher-Harris a middle.
Hoping we are looking to spend his money on a specific edge forward not another player that can cover mid as well.
We have enough mids
Klem
Steph
Pole
Seyfarth
Twal

Edge
S.Fainu
?
?
?

Latest posts