Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
…...................................when it is all said and done

Will that be when:

Bolt scores his first goal for the Mariners?
The Hammers keep 3 consecutive clean sheets?
Harry scores his first August goal for Spurs?
When?
When?
When?

:roll

WHU don't need clean sheets , we will just outscore teams

arnautovic
ARNAUTOVIC

Felipe Anderson

@ said:
I say Bollocks to the Clearys !

We don’t need them !

Ivan's done a great job with our side , but he needs to remember there are at least 4 other coaches at his level floating around looking for a gig

NC isn't ready to come here , we need to get our forward pack right and then sign the best half that will suit our side

Finally a chance to put the horsepower before the Cart

@ said:
@ said:

We don’t need them !

OK I'm with you now..

Hobbo said he had just finished painting Penrith Park and he said he saw you outside in your full WT's Kit (minus pants again ) waving your flag :sign:

How did you escape Prison ??

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

We don’t need them !

OK I'm with you now..

Hobbo said he had just finished painting Penrith Park and he said he saw you outside in your full WT's Kit (minus pants again ) waving your flag :sign:

It was Geo !

I swear !

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

We don’t need them !

OK I'm with you now..

It was Geo !

I swear !

Don't tell me someone sprayed satanic symbols all over the joint * face palms*

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
does every one on this forum now think that this may have had legs going back more than 2 weeks, AND that is why we have had no signings or even the talk of players coming in, maybe ivans been to busy with penriths offer.

The "inactivity" on the player market has nada to do with the coaching debacle…

I think it would have more to do with the fact the season has 4 weeks to go , and some players will be playing finals footy. Possibly even Penrith.

Or that there are significant big contract considerations concerning our halves that might have a flow on effect for our budget. That and we are already linked to several players.

Sad state of affairs regardless of the eventual outcome, I was so pleased when we landed Cleary as coach and believed that he would be the catalyst to finally move us forward as a club , whether he instigated the Penrith approach or was blindsided by it, he has not denied it, so the stink has attached itself to him, I no longer want him here, but understand management are working behind the scenes to minimise the damage financially and one thing as a club that we are good at, is starting again.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
does every one on this forum now think that this may have had legs going back more than 2 weeks, AND that is why we have had no signings or even the talk of players coming in, maybe ivans been to busy with penriths offer.

really, dont u think ivan was given complete control of players in and out, and all we have had is outs, mybe the exception. where theres smoke theres a fire.

You mean where there's no smoke and you want to know where the fire is?

I'm not really sure the last few weeks have been significantly different to this time of year in seasons past.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

We don’t need them !

OK I'm with you now..

17th for the hundredth time..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

We don’t need them !

OK I'm with you now..

It was Geo !

I swear !

Told you not to paint it Tangerine ,Black and White

You've confused Geo now :brick:

We have a pretty important game on Sunday.
Maybe IC and the players are concentrating on that…...maybe........?
Could be that simple.....

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
What’s ‘hilarious’ and ‘comival’ Is experienced and valued posters taking the piss out of all the other posters who are just writing genuine, heart felt opinions about stuff we care about. Less sarcasm might actually encourage more people to contribute

Don't see where it was said no one cares or cant post their heart felt opinions

Its funny because people basing their opinions on what is reported in the media were ready to string him up and run Cleary out of dodge….then when facts are presented from the club it's a total backflip....

But hey it was on TV..and in the paper

People are responding emotionally to every ‘next bit’ of information. Me too. That’s to be expected.

Initially I think everyone was shocked that someone we respected could act totally against what he seemed to value. This turned to anger when it seemed to be true. Now it’s just pure confusion because of all the lies and spin. We don’t know what to believe.

And I think that’s fair enough at the moment

I support your right to comment Steve… but I'm also with Geo that perhaps responding emotionally to "every next bit of information" is not the best way to go about this.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
The longer Ivan says nothing the more it appears he has has downed tools on the club which will be hugely disappointing.

This is a logical fallacy:
“Lack of evidence does not equate to evidence”

Kulwith respect Im not interested in logic this is rugby league.

I started this thread on Monday Night and many people told me I was dreaming and it was 1000-1 chance

1500 replies later it looks like it has more then legs…

Eddie you kill me, that's the second golden quote for this week.

"My source is my television"
and now
"Im not interested in logic this is rugby league"

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

really, dont u think ivan was given complete control of players in and out, and all we have had is outs, mybe the exception. where theres smoke theres a fire.

I'm not really sure the last few weeks have been significantly different to this time of year in seasons past.

I'm with Yoss and I'd like to ask the moderators to please ban the phrase "where there's smoke there's fire" from the forum, because it is being totally abused and misused.

Well Yoss and jirskyr it is possible to build a smokeless fire if you use very dry kindling and very dry hard wood. If you build your fire carefully and don't add too much fuel too quickly it can be done.
It is also possible to have a lot of smoke but no fire. In an enclosed space, with very little ingress of fresh air, a fire can be extinguished by a lack of oxygen leaving just the smoke behind.
Just for future information.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I'm with Yoss and I'd like to ask the moderators to please ban the phrase "where there's smoke there's fire" from the forum, because it is being totally abused and misused.

Plus its stupid as there is often smoke without fire!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
What’s ‘hilarious’ and ‘comival’ Is experienced and valued posters taking the piss out of all the other posters who are just writing genuine, heart felt opinions about stuff we care about. Less sarcasm might actually encourage more people to contribute

Don't see where it was said no one cares or cant post their heart felt opinions

Its funny because people basing their opinions on what is reported in the media were ready to string him up and run Cleary out of dodge….then when facts are presented from the club it's a total backflip....

But hey it was on TV..and in the paper

People are responding emotionally to every ‘next bit’ of information. Me too. That’s to be expected.

Initially I think everyone was shocked that someone we respected could act totally against what he seemed to value. This turned to anger when it seemed to be true. Now it’s just pure confusion because of all the lies and spin. We don’t know what to believe.

And I think that’s fair enough at the moment

I support your right to comment Steve… but I'm also with Geo that perhaps responding emotionally to "every next bit of information" is not the best way to go about this.

I can see that sure - but this forum is not about accuracy and getting it right- it’s about expression and points of view. Surely people have a right to express how they are feeling - to get it off your chest so to speak, even if later it turns out to be ill informed.

This is an incredibly emotional issue and we all care deeply about it and have strong points of view. All points should be respected, even if not agreed with.

Anyway, that’s just me?

@ said:
@ said:
Penrith played their check mate move in the papers today.

Article saying they will wait the 2 years and sign Ivan at the end of it if they have to. They'll happily stay with Corals.

Can't see the West's Tigers being able to get around that. Even if Ivan cane out and said he was staying we would be nothing more than his transit lounge.

We couldn't build towards the future or recruit properly or even go about normal day to days without it being an issue for 2 years.

Game over!

Get the best compensation we can from the deal and move on

I would call their bluff.

They are smack bang in the middle of a premiership window, and they expect people to believe they will appoint a caretaker coach for over two years, and bide their time until Mr 48% is off contract?

They will appoint a high profile coach who will demand at least 3 or 4 years.

In the meantime Nathan will have to decide whether he wants to join his dad at the Tigers, or remain at Penrith longterm under a different Coach.

If we play the long game, we win.

That's a great idea but unfortunately I can't see it happening. This club has been through to much to come out on top in one of those sorts of stand offs.

Latest posts

Back