Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
The annoying thing is the fact i thought we were over being the laughing stock of the NRL, but poof we are back to that point again. Surely it's not just a coincidence it's always happening to us.

But we are not the laughing stock of the NRL. If anyone is, it's Penrith. They sack IC and pay him out. Extend Griffen and, less than a year after his extension, they sack him and offer the man they sacked previously the job. This is Keystone Cops behaviour.

Gould has admitted he didn't have a Plan B when he sacked Griffen and now he is saying that he doesn't expect IC to ask for a release to coach Penrith next year. Now there is talk of Penrith appointing an interim coach for two years until IC becomes available.

This is bizarre behaviour and Penrith (Gould) look like complete amateurs.

They are raging hot favorites to secure both Ivan and Nathan long term. They win.

History is written by the winners. No one will care about any of that once they announce the 2 signings.

Agree.

They may be deceitful, underhanded, sly etc but they are not amateurs. They will win.

I'm no rugby league history expert, but was just wondering. I know it's just all still rumours atm, but if Ivan does commit to the panthers soon for 2021, has this happen happened to any club before? That being a coach signed to another club with 2 years remaining on his current contract and the effect it had on the team.

@ said:
I'm no rugby league history expert, but was just wondering. I know it's just all still rumours atm, but if Ivan does commit to the panthers soon for 2021, has this happen happened to any club before? That being a coach signed to another club with 2 years remaining on his current contract and the effect it had on the team.

Was thinking that myself. We always break the rule this club.

This will be the first then the NRL after lettting it happen will tighten up the rule and stop it happening to the others.

@ said:

Only 1 year but Todd Greenberg and the Bulldogs signed Hasler at the end of 2011 for the 2013 season. At first Hasler was going to coach Manly for 2012 but he ended up leaving early and coaching at the Bulldogs from 2012, a year early.

Gus did the same when Ivan was at the warriors sign him I think 14 or 16 months before his contact ran out and the warriors released him with a year left

Did Ivan stop to think about the ramifications this will / is having on Nathan
Didnt Ivan say he didnt want to put pressure on Nathan
Ahhh hello Ivan
How do you think nathan is feeling now

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
The annoying thing is the fact i thought we were over being the laughing stock of the NRL, but poof we are back to that point again. Surely it's not just a coincidence it's always happening to us.

But we are not the laughing stock of the NRL. If anyone is, it's Penrith. They sack IC and pay him out. Extend Griffen and, less than a year after his extension, they sack him and offer the man they sacked previously the job. This is Keystone Cops behaviour.

Gould has admitted he didn't have a Plan B when he sacked Griffen and now he is saying that he doesn't expect IC to ask for a release to coach Penrith next year. Now there is talk of Penrith appointing an interim coach for two years until IC becomes available.

They are raging hot favorites to secure both Ivan and Nathan long term. They win.

History is written by the winners. No one will care about any of that once they announce the 2 signings.

Agree.

They may be deceitful, underhanded, sly etc but they are not amateurs. They will win.

They will win what ? They appoint a coach (who was considered not good enough 3 years ago) because they want to retain his son - now that makes sense.

Or, they put in a caretaker for two years; ie, someone who they regard as not quite up to the task, when they have a red hot squad that is capable of winning the comp now.

I can't believe you guys are suggesting that these are smart moves. It looks dumb to me.

In the meantime Penrith and Gould have tarnished their reputation and they are currently mounting a major PR offensive to save their image.

Come on everyone, there is a possibility the club is working on a deal to keep and extend Ivan. Remember this has taken all in the club by surprise and all actions to date have been reactive. Putting a deal together takes time. Let's wait and see before condemning the man.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
The tv cameras will be focussed on Ivan this Sunday during the game.
Ivan has made the attire fancy dress, guess who’ll be hiding inside the monkey suit?

I’ll tell Ivan we both hate him

Are you going?

Yes, I’m not afraid of the cold in Canberra - I’ll be the one wearing my Birthday Suit….

Tell ivan I hate him

@ said:
@ said:
Cant wait for the post game press conference on Sunday..

Are you hanging out to hear Ivan say he's there to talk about the raiders game and he won't be fielding questions about the Panthers?

Hoping he cops a grilling..but true, he will say that

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Agree.

They will win what ? They appoint a coach (who was considered not good enough 3 years ago) because they want to retain his son - now that makes sense.

Or, they put in a caretaker for two years; ie, someone who they regard as not quite up to the task, when they have a red hot squad that is capable of winning the comp now.

I can't believe you guys are suggesting that these are smart moves. It looks dumb to me.

In the meantime Penrith and Gould have tarnished their reputation and they are currently mounting a major PR offensive to save their image.

PM me when its all said and done and see if we are right. NO ONE WILL CARE when they have both Clearys!

@ said:
Come on everyone, there is a possibility the club is working on a deal to keep and extend Ivan. Remember this has taken all in the club by surprise and all actions to date have been reactive. Putting a deal together takes time. Let's wait and see before condemning the man.

How effective is a deal when he is looking to the future - elsewhere! Most probably at Joan Sutherland theatre in Penrith where Ivan plays Romeo and Nathan plays Juliet.
Get onto Micheal McGuire now and let’s have a future.

@ said:

Yes I wonder about the legalities of that. There is definitely a conflict of interest.

Back