Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just hopefully he is happy playing 13 because it appears that’s where sheens wants him
If his role is what it is now , I really can’t see what his issue would be . He’s basically got control of the team , his pros are all to do with controlling the ruck and the forwards .
His flaws are speed and creating separation on the outside .
I don’t see what his issue is , outside of generally not happy at the tigers , because if we can start to win a few games , and move to the top of the table , and IMO if this is the structure ,and there’s nothing to say we can’t , then in the ball playing lock role , he could grab a blues jersey .
He will not even sniff that ever as a 7 . To me that’s the sell .

If his role is what it is now , I really can’t see what his issue would be . He’s basically got control of the team , his pros are all to do with controlling the ruck and the forwards .
His flaws are speed and creating separation on the outside .
I don’t see what his issue is , outside of generally not happy at the tigers , because if we can start to win a few games , and move to the top of the table , and IMO if this is the structure ,and there’s nothing to say we can’t , then in the ball playing lock role , he could grab a blues jersey .
He will not even sniff that ever as a 7 . To me that’s the sell .
Yeah I get what you mean I’m just hopeful he is happy to do all that extra defending it’s a huge work load for him I hope he can maintain it.

80 minutes In the middle is a huge effort

Reactions: 851
Yeah I get what you mean I’m just hopeful he is happy to do all that extra defending it’s a huge work load for him I hope he can maintain it.

80 minutes In the middle is a huge effort
If he wants to be an origin player or Aus player , then this is the path forward for him IMO. He has zero chance as a half , he’s like a poor man’s Blake Green if we are honest .
But as a lock he could develop into a Jason smith type level lock . I mean his game is built around energy and 1% stuff anyway , so this just maximises that .
Not to mention it really does look like the best way for the team to score points . The expansion and width now in the team is for all to see .
That last play where AD had the inside ball , he was running with room right at the defence , with a head of steam , off a pretty slow play the ball , if we are honest , I mean AD and Laurie did the rest , but that should be a pretty good insight into what this can look like .
The only issue is , Hastings won’t be stuffing his stat sheet as much .

If he wants to be an origin player or Aus player , then this is the path forward for him IMO. He has zero chance as a half , he’s like a poor man’s Blake Green if we are honest .
But as a lock he could develop into a Jason smith type level lock . I mean his game is built around energy and 1% stuff anyway , so this just maximises that .
Not to mention it really does look like the best way for the team to score points . The expansion and width now in the team is for all to see .
That last play where AD had the inside ball , he was running with room right at the defence , with a head of steam , off a pretty slow play the ball , if we are honest , I mean AD and Laurie did the rest , but that should be a pretty good insight into what this can look like .
The only issue is , Hastings won’t be stuffing his stat sheet as much .
If he likes the physical stuff then this is the role for him.
He didn’t make a lot of tackles at half / five eight before the past two games but he is lifting to this lock role and I’m glad the 2nd time around it has been considered a work in progress where as last week we were criticised for playing an extra half on the field.

Funnily that comments earlier in the year regarding other teams.

They are lacking a ball playing lock;
Gee Radley has developed into a really good ball player in that lock role.
Issah Yeo is really like another half out their for Penrith all their ball work comes off the back of him.

Then when you put an actual half into the role unlike other teams who stick a hooker there we get criticised for having too many ball playing options.

He played the role a lot better on Sunday. Took the line on more, and got deeper before playing out the back. Ultimately he needs to have the defence in two minds when he gets the ball, so he needs to be a threat with ball in hand. It's obviously a work in progress, but he had some strong carries as well as topping the tackle count.

He played the role a lot better on Sunday. Took the line on more, and got deeper before playing out the back. Ultimately he needs to have the defence in two minds when he gets the ball, so he needs to be a threat with ball in hand. It's obviously a work in progress, but he had some strong carries as well as topping the tackle count.

Indeed, I mentioned having a 3
pronged attack was keeping
Manly guessing in the live game
thread. We had them guessing & stung a top 3 defence out wide
almost at will when we decided.
definitely think this'll be a feature
in our game moving forward,
particularly with the focus on
how we're attacking opposition
when you look at our structures
under Madge for example.
Matamua/Talau will fight for 13
if Jackson wants to play halves.
love what he's doing but slow
for a half and lacks tackle break
ability from what I've seen sofar.
We stripped them when Jacko
sat back a bit deeper and allowed
for the pill to go wide. Bit of a
sneak peak on how we'll play
moving forward I honestly think

Indeed, I mentioned having a 3
pronged attack was keeping
Manly guessing in the live game
thread. We had them guessing & stung a top 3 defence out wide
almost at will when we decided.
definitely think this'll be a feature
in our game moving forward,
particularly with the focus on
how we're attacking opposition
when you look at our structures
under Madge for example.
Matamua/Talau will fight for 13
if Jackson wants to play halves.
love what he's doing but slow
for a half and lacks tackle break
ability from what I've seen sofar.
We stripped them when Jacko
sat back a bit deeper and allowed
for the pill to go wide. Bit of a
sneak peak on how we'll play
moving forward I honestly think
thought you were writing a poem for a second

Always expected hastings to play the middle distributor role at lock and then the subsequent Doueihi injury put paid to this beginning the year.

Unlike others, I didn't see him as the messiah or similar, still, I saw his potential to play a big role for WT if utilised properly and reckon it can all work out in his current and originally targeted role.

thought you were writing a poem for a second

Haha bro what a crack up...
It's hard to write on this phone
i'm currently on a burner, makes
It easier to read for myself/every1
when I type like this I thought.

Definately could do with a few
more paragraphs haaa ...
Not writing limericks my bro 😆

Wests Tigers star Jackson Hastings has opened up on reports suggesting his future at Concord could be in doubt.

The Sydney Morning Herald revealed over the weekend that the Tigers are set for a roster overhaul over the summer with Hastings on the chopping block.

According to the report, there are some within the club who believe he has a negative influence over the playing group and could be shown the door as Tim Sheens looks to turn the club around.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Hastings said he got on the front foot over the matter.

“It’s not the first time I’ve heard it. I’m pretty used to hearing things like that,” he said.

“It’s probably an easy fall back and something to write from a few years ago. I actually addressed it with a few people at the club. They were pretty clear that they didn’t say it. I’m not going to name names.

“I was more disappointed that if someone did have an issue with me they didn’t come and say it to me. But they made it pretty clear to me it didn’t come from anyone within the club.

“I was happy to move on from it. I’m used to reading those things about myself. It’s all part of being me, I guess.”

Hastings endured a difficult start to his NRL career. He found himself out of favour at the Roosters before he fell out with a number of senior Sea Eagles players following an altercation with Manly captain Daly Cherry Evans. It prompted then coach Trent Barrett to refuse to pick Hastings in first grade.

He headed to the Super League where he resurrected his career before earning an NRL lifeline with the Tigers

“To work so hard on getting back and addressing a few things, and fully understand that I’m not perfect and I’m still going to make mistakes, but to try and bring something up that happened so long ago and try and stick that label back on me was the disappointing thing,” Hastings said.

Hastings said he was hopeful of a new deal despite Michael Maguire’s exit and the revelation Benji Marshall, who will take over from Sheens in 2025, had already approached Mitchell Moses.

“Sheensy made it pretty clear that he sees a role for me at the club so hopefully I can earn a new contract and stay here.”

“You don’t want to be swapping and changing teams constantly.”

We cant carry peach on good money and lose JH. Upgrade JH and look at someone like Madden on less money to make up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back