Jahream Bula #269

I'm pretty sure Sheens tipped it very early on as well even though his dementia had him denying it, forgetting what he had previously stated, or at the very least trying to deny that he had said it.

I think the only surprise was that he made his debut before round 11 by being promoted to the top 30 which I really didn't expect and thought it came out of the blue.

When he was named in the team I wondered how we managed to get special dispensation from the NRL to play him, only to have his elevation to the top 30 announced a day or two later.

He must have really been showing his star quality at training because as far as I am aware he wasn't an absolute stand out in reserve grade and to be elevated the way he was coming back from injury had most of us thinking Sheens was really dropping him in the deep end and was going to kill his NRL career before it had even started.

So far he has not disappointed and one would think he can only get better, our best find in years.

It's amazing and wonderful to see him transition so well in the NRL so far. Given his previous form this year and last I was skeptical if he was ready and while he was somehwat thrown in the deep end he's immediately looked at home, and even moreso than he did in NSW Cup. His handling of kicks and ballplaying have improved massively in only a couple of months.
However it's still early days and there'll be ups and downs, hopefully he can maintain a strong standard. And when he makes a bad mistake (and it's inevitable he will at some point) it will be great to see how he responds. All the signs are positive.

Nofa and Tupou shouldn't be moved imo.... both bring more impact than Staines tbh

Unless we have plans to move Tupou to centre, think he'd be a good depth option
I think a back three of Bula, Tupou and Nofoaluma makes sense for the rest of the year, providing they all keep up their effort and performances. Staines is a very good backup for all three. Toups for mine is a centre long term but I don't think they'll be shifting him inside anytime soon.

I think a back three of Bula, Tupou and Nofoaluma makes sense for the rest of the year, providing they all keep up their effort and performances. Staines is a very good backup for all three. Toups for mine is a centre long term but I don't think they'll be shifting him inside anytime soon.
As much as I like Staines he doesn’t have the body to score in traffic like tupou or noffa does. We don’t seem to strip defence of numbers like other teams. He’s injured for a while anyway so might be someone else stepping up yet

It's nice to have someone with talent in the team who doesn't take ten years to get his act together.

I suppose he will be a Rooster in a couple of years, when Robbo gives Teddy a tap on the shoulder. The Chooks like to give their future players a year or two to develop in a feeder club (like us) before hiring them.
Yeah well they can’t help you win the comp until they’re ready to go. It’s a smart model.

How is it that Bula was so under the radar as a junior? He's a freak. Great instincts. His defensive awareness is better than any fullback I've seen, catches everything, has prototype size and speed, and passes like an elite 5/8. I don't get why he was so unheralded. We've heard the story of his basketball aspirations but how is it that clubs weren't all desperately after him?

Benji had a transformative impact on our club. Bula is having similar impact. You can also see he's got a few more levels to get to as well.

Hello Team,

After seeing Teddy's performance last night.

The lack of quality, threat, decision making and pace in his game was very evident.

We need to ensure that we lock up our youth before The Roosters come knocking.

Bula, Tupou, To'a, Staines and Feledy need to be locked in with the club for a long time.

Hello Team,

After seeing Teddy's performance last night.

The lack of quality, threat, decision making and pace in his game was very evident.

We need to ensure that we lock up our youth before The Roosters come knocking.

Bula, Tupou, To'a, Staines and Feledy need to be locked in with the club for a long time.
I agree wholeheartedly build up a solid core for more years ahead than we usually do. These half a dozen or so that are standing up and playing hard and being noticed as having the game of FG player are the ones I'm talking about, obviously we can't do it with all 30. Just so sick of losing the quality players from our systems. Not sure if this has merit or not but we need to find something to keep certain other teams from enjoying doing nothing other than just waiting until our first 2 year contracts expire and poaching prime players..

Latest posts

Staff online

Back