Jake Simpkin #242

Back to topic. Jake looked very good. But, Rankin looked good too.

Jake is going to br a very good foil for Liddle later this year. I feel he has a bit more to his game compared with Liddle so will be interesting to see what Madge does.

@shooter-mcgavin said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328054) said:
Yeah can’t see him coming back from roosters if we loaned him

if we are that confident he's going to be good, then extend him for another year. Then we hold all the chips like Melbourne did.

All theoretical obviously but could be a win-win.

@jedi_tiger said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328049) said:
he got sent to sin bin with 5 seconds left in game
shoukd be on our bench or loan him to Roosters for a year if we won't play him do he gets experience like Harry did

I would never do that deal with Roosters.... You know full well they would offer him a deal we could not compete with and I mean off the books... Once we offload Moses he comes onto the bench in 14 to give him some exposure.
We need to give him a go this year at least before he comes available in Nov for another team to pouch for 2023.

Straight in next week off the bench at Leichhardt against the cowboys. We have a softer draw coming up after the Eels game.

@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314909) said:
@getagrip said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314887) said:
@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314872) said:
@hsvjones said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314850) said:
Did anyone watch the game today to see how he went and how many mins he played?

or the big question - Did he surpass LIddle's NFL throws today as he has about 7 (Ref missed a lot of them).

Hope he played well as I would put Liddle on notice

Scored a try

And?v

There was no coverage that’s all I know
Was on Fox.

@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314909) said:
@getagrip said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314887) said:
@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314872) said:
@hsvjones said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314850) said:
Did anyone watch the game today to see how he went and how many mins he played?

or the big question - Did he surpass LIddle's NFL throws today as he has about 7 (Ref missed a lot of them).

Hope he played well as I would put Liddle on notice

Scored a try

And?

There was no coverage that’s all I know

The game was on Fox from 1:30 pm

@tyga said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328096) said:
Straight in next week off the bench at Leichhardt against the cowboys. We have a softer draw coming up after the Eels game.

Watching him today I was very disappointed, his strength is normally his defence but he seems a bit off the pace, even his decisions to run from dummy half off a slow play were out of character,his time will come but he needs to build his craft without outside noise.

Simpkin stepped up after 30 mins,throw him in next week for just a taste

@merlot said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1329176) said:
Simpkin stepped up after 30 mins,throw him in next week for just a taste

You either watched a different game or have very different standards, he is not ready why destroy what is potentially going to be a very good career.

just a taste will give him an expectation of what is expected of him and what will come his way in the step up

@willow said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328033) said:
Played ok, gets out of dummyhalf well and not afraid of contact in the middle. I think we would be served well by using him off the bench in FG to give Liddle a spell. He's a lot sharper off the ground with his passing and footwork than Mbye.

I think Madge needs to take a gamble - i thought Mbye went ok in the middle - i would like to see him start at 13, Twal back to starting prop musgrove to the bench and Simpkin at 14 - Mikaele back to reggies.

@diedpretty said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1329297) said:
@willow said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328033) said:
Played ok, gets out of dummyhalf well and not afraid of contact in the middle. I think we would be served well by using him off the bench in FG to give Liddle a spell. He's a lot sharper off the ground with his passing and footwork than Mbye.

I think Madge needs to take a gamble - i thought Mbye went ok in the middle - i would like to see him start at 13, Twal back to starting prop musgrove to the bench and Simpkin at 14 - Mikaele back to reggies.

That might be worth a shot.

Plays about a half a meter faster than Liddle. Takes the defence up on the inside. I like him.

@kevb said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1329323) said:

Plays about a half a meter faster than Liddle. Takes the defence up on the inside. I like him.

He gets an opportunity to do that in State Cup though, it's not as fast as FG. I do think he's worth a shot off the bench though.

I thought he went ok - not sensational as most seem to think.

He needs to stop being a ball hog, learn to be aware of the options at the play the ball,
several times he seemed to take the wrong one. One especially cost us a try.

His defence was average - one cost us a try.

If he keeps working on his deficient areas I'm sure Madge will give him a go towards the
end of the season. Patience is a virtue.

Probably best on field today. Still has plenty to work on but he is improving every game.

Jake’s problem at the moment is he tries todo too much himself. He needs to settle down and pick his moments better and give good service to his halves.

@mike said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1329367) said:
Jake’s problem at the moment is he tries todo too much himself. He needs to settle down and pick his moments better and give good service to his halves.

He is getting better. Only once today he ran instead of passing and didn't do anything with the footy

This team needs some spark ..Jacob played ok today but with Mbye at 9 it just makes things worse ... Good game to blood him next week on the bench for mine .

Latest posts

Back