OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Clearly not as good as Cleary. Cant do 2 point field goals for a start. And Penrith cannot win the comp without him. That's where Luai stands.
I was thinking last night it was disappointing luai didn't step up for the final field goal kick. Even if he didn't get it, just trying to attempt it, being left-footed after kicking for touch on the right. If he's on a million that's his job. Left it to edwards who also shanked a kick vs warriors earlier in the year. I still don't think he can clutch plays yet
 
He did in SOO. His drop outs were precision. Yes. RG. Would of been nice if he stepped up.
He's slowly developing. Just think that if a guy like sean o'sullivan can nail a 2 point field goal, why can't he? He's still not in main character syndrome. Even though he says he wants to be, his actions are not fully complete
 
I thought Benji was always better as a 6. I saw him as a ball runner, taking the line on, play what he see's and creating space for those outside him..

I personally don't think he was a great general, barking orders at the team, directing everyone where they need to be. I also didn't think he had the kicking game required for a #7.

That's not putting Marshall down, I just don't think he was suited to the position.

People often think the roles of 6 & 7 are similar. But in my opinion, they perform 2 very different roles.
Fair comment, I thought much the same. possibly one of the reasons he was better suited to 6?
What I absolutely loved about his game towards the end of his career, was this attacking kick to the corner. He had developed the skill to make the ball take a turn to advantage the winger as it bounced. Don’t know if it worked for him left side but right side it was awesome.
 
Luai cannot save us. Nor can he win the comp without Cleary. His job is to.help us keep.Galvin and maybe a year or 2 later we can have a real coach or Benji comes good with experience. At this stage. Luai can buy us some time.
 
Last edited:
He's slowly developing. Just think that if a guy like sean o'sullivan can nail a 2 point field goal, why can't he? He's still not in main character syndrome. Even though he says he wants to be, his actions are not fully complete
Maybe Edward’s is next in line for field goals as he is for conversions when Nathan isn’t on the field.
You don’t have to be the one kicking the goal’s to be the controller of the team.
What I’ve seen when Nathan isn’t around Luai steps up.
 
Fair comment, I thought much the same. possibly one of the reasons he was better suited to 6?
What I absolutely loved about his game towards the end of his career, was this attacking kick to the corner. He had developed the skill to make the ball take a turn to advantage the winger as it bounced. Don’t know if it worked for him left side but right side it was awesome.
Yeah those kicks were pretty good.

His worst kick (because of the implications) lives rent free in my mind..

Preliminary final vs the Dragons, the game was square, roughly 7 minutes to go and he kicks it out on the full. It gave the Dragons the ball in good field position, they kicked a field goal and went through to the GF and won that too.

To be fair to Benji, there aren't many good kickers in the field of play. The number of balls that go straight to fullbacks and wingers on the full, far outweigh those that find space.
 
Maybe Edward’s is next in line for field goals as he is for conversions when Nathan isn’t on the field.
You don’t have to be the one kicking the goal’s to be the controller of the team.
What I’ve seen when Nathan isn’t around Luai steps up.
Oh no doubt he's stepped up as an on field general. But if he doesn't step up to take field goals, goal-kicking etc., 40-20s, he's not worth the million next year. If have someone like Galvin kicking field goals ahead of him he's a waste of money. Seems like he doesn't even try at times
 
Since he signed with us I have watched him with interest. Luai has impressed me with his demeanor both on and off the field. I believe that he can help lift us and that his infectious character can rub off on the young guys. I am confident that he will be a huge influence.
I really hope that he takes up the challenge and shows everyone what he can do.
What is important is that the club surrounds him with runners and hard workers and fills the remaining spots with competitors and winners.
 
Luai cannot save us. Nor can he win the comp without Cleary. His job is to.help us keep.Galvin and maybe a year or 2 later we can have a real coach or Benji comes good with experience. At this stage. Luai can buy us some time.
I'm calling this out.

How many Premiereship rings does Galvin have? How many
How many finals has Galvin played?

Luai has steer'd Penrith at 7 and won in their system with their team.
As talented as Galvin is, he has lost in our system with our team.

Were a low scoring, poor defending mess.

I'm not blaming Galvin, but I am saying if we are above 12th on the ladder next year. That would be due to Luai.
 
Since he signed with us I have watched him with interest. Luai has impressed me with his demeanor both on and off the field. I believe that he can help lift us and that his infectious character can rub off on the young guys. I am confident that he will be a huge influence.
I really hope that he takes up the challenge and shows everyone what he can do.
What is important is that the club surrounds him with runners and hard workers and fills the remaining spots with competitors and winners.
And when he gets frustrated he’ll have six million reasons to have patience. Hopefully? Just a thought..it took Brooks a long time to run out of patience and he was a local junior.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top