OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Something no one has mentioned is that Latu Fainu played hooker for Tonga. Perhaps he could play 14 in the future as Koroisau ages and doesn't play the 80? Sullivan and Sezer next season for me
Fainu I think will probably start the year in the 14 jersey, but I doubt he ever plays hooker unless Api goes down. he's more likely to come on and play in the halves if we need a spark, similar to how Wakeham was used at the beginning of the year, but better.

2025 I would be fairly confident you'll see Tallyn on the bench and playing at least 20 a week.
 
I've heard the same. He does a lot of good in the community beyond the obligatory stuff all clubs do. He can obviously be a bit silly and immature, hes a bit of a troll, but the media narrative about him is so disproportionate. Particularly considering some of the other characters running around the NRL.
Mate, that’s wonderful, sounds like he’s a good and caring human being but it doesn’t change the fact , is he going to be another Ciraldo, JAC, Mitchell or Moses who all sized us up and decided “too hard”.
Let’s wait until we see him touring our facility and signing on the dotted.
Just trying to keep it real folks.
 
Mate, that’s wonderful, sounds like he’s a good and caring human being but it doesn’t change the fact , is he going to be another Ciraldo, JAC, Mitchell or Moses who all sized us up and decided “too hard”.
Let’s wait until we see him touring our facility and signing on the dotted.
Just trying to keep it real folks.
Fair enough Hal. Can't blame fans for getting ahead of themselves though
 
Mate, that’s wonderful, sounds like he’s a good and caring human being but it doesn’t change the fact , is he going to be another Ciraldo, JAC, Mitchell or Moses who all sized us up and decided “too hard”.

I reckon it comes down to dollars as well. Ciraldo, JAC and Moses all got the same amount with probably what they consider a better situation to be in. I think Mitchell also used us to up his price.

I'm not convinced Luai has the same options available to him.
 
Sorry, but I’m getting Trell vibes here in the sense that when we were linked to him and were the favourites, everyone started to soften towards him. I remember him getting praise for going to Taree as a volunteer fire fighter. Then once he went to Souths he was a back to being a wanker. All of a sudden Luai is misunderstood. Idk if he is or not, but what I do know is that he presents himself like a douchebag.
 
I reckon it comes down to dollars as well. Ciraldo, JAC and Moses all got the same amount with probably what they consider a better situation to be in. I think Mitchell also used us to up his price.

I'm not convinced Luai has the same options available to him.
That’s true Earl, we will just have to wait and see.
 
PRESSURE!!!....😱 [causing lack of confidence] .... can be a killer.
When I was a kid 14/15 yoa, a looooooong time ago, I used to play cricket with a few mates in the local park, and I could do anything. Spin the ball as well as bowl at a fairly fast pace. My batting was not to the same level but still pretty good anyway.
I was the captain of my House team at school, and we won the House comp. with me opening bat and opening bowler.
The headmaster asked me one day why I wasn't playing for the school.

A bloke was walking through the park one day when I was playing with my mates, and spotting my ability asked me to play for his Church team.
In my very 1st game, I opened the batting with the captain at the other end.....and I was bloody pathetic in scoring only two runs of the edge of the bat, and they were the only runs I scored in half a season.
When it was our turn to bowl the captain gave me the honor of opening the bowling even though I had been a dismal failure with the bat.
I lasted 2 overs before I was sent out to the boundary to field for the rest of the game and never got another bowl and was demoted to last man in with the bat.

Pressure!!!!😱😱....too much bloody pressure to perform.

If the captain was a more understanding, nurturing and patient bloke I reckon I would have delivered the goods.
He instead was a piece of 💩 and destroyed me with his attitude towards me due to my failures, simple as that.
Whenever I watch cricket on TV I look at it with a certain amount of sadness, for what I could have achieved, but didn't.

What's the meaning of all this.

The captain and coach of any team can make or break careers.
Jarome Luai needs to be careful of where he chooses to play.
But I hope it's with WT, as I feel Benji will be the right coach for him, and the right captain is already at our club.
I feel like you just summed up LB career at WT in your own experience.
I guess some people have it some people don’t.
It’s not ability it’s a certain mentality to just not give a damn.
I’ve gone through similar experiences to yours in multiple sports and often find I’ve performed best when the expectation to deliver is removed or a very low level; not to mention the level of expectation you can put on yourself can be limiting as well and has a negative impact on being able to create the right environment to fulfil your potential.
 
  • Love
Reactions: BZN
Luai is the guy you hate when he doesn't play for your team. He has all the arrogant qualities that people love to hate. But when he plays for your team? It's the greatest. He gets under everyone's skin but has the skill to back it up.

I know there's not too many AFL fans on here but it's almost exactly the same with Jack Ginnivan, where up to now everyone who doesn't support Collingwood thinks he's a pest, and the same with Tom Papley from Sydney. But as a swans fan I can tell you we all think Paps is the best.

Is Luai a million dollar player? Maybe. Does he bring huge value to the club if he comes here to ply his trade, and will we all change our minds and love how much he gets to other teams? Yes.
 
Mate, that’s wonderful, sounds like he’s a good and caring human being but it doesn’t change the fact , is he going to be another Ciraldo, JAC, Mitchell or Moses who all sized us up and decided “too hard”.
Let’s wait until we see him touring our facility and signing on the dotted.
Just trying to keep it real folks.

I just asked he/she who knows everything...Bing...and my wife who knows everything is always right about everything 🤣 about Jerome Luai, and the mail is very strong that he will be here at WT next year.

Always listen to the wife
 
To all the people on this forum who are claiming ( in regards to JL ) " he has dead set signed with us, when he comes he will do this and that etc,etc and on and on'. Just remember that if he re-signes with Penrith or elsewhere, it will not be the clubs fault.

No one from the club has even hinted that an approach has been made to him. So, have a bex, a good lie down and wait.
 
To all the people on this forum who are claiming ( in regards to JL ) " he has dead set signed with us, when he comes he will do this and that etc,etc and on and on'. Just remember that if he re-signes with Penrith or elsewhere, it will not be the clubs fault.

No one from the club has even hinted that an approach has been made to him. So, have a bex, a good lie down and wait.
 
To all the people on this forum who are claiming ( in regards to JL ) " he has dead set signed with us, when he comes he will do this and that etc,etc and on and on'. Just remember that if he re-signes with Penrith or elsewhere, it will not be the clubs fault.

No one from the club has even hinted that an approach has been made to him. So, have a bex, a good lie down and wait.
Rightio Col.
Love your words of wisdom
 
To all the people on this forum who are claiming ( in regards to JL ) " he has dead set signed with us, when he comes he will do this and that etc,etc and on and on'. Just remember that if he re-signes with Penrith or elsewhere, it will not be the clubs fault.

No one from the club has even hinted that an approach has been made to him. So, have a bex, a good lie down and wait.
Of course it’ll be their fault.
 
Back
Top