OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Theres one thing that I think will get Jarome Luai here.
Its not just money.
Its not just security through length of contract.
It is the respect he craves.

This guy has been instrumental in Penrith reaching 4 grand finals in a row yet has to sit to the side while everyone praises Nathan. In the WC he led Samao to the final and spoke some shit about besting Cleary, only for Nathan to play like a legend and flog him. In last year's GF he played busted and likely hoped that he would be spoken about as Cronk was when he played busted against Melbourne and won. In the end he had to come from the field with Penrith in deep poop, only to watch Nathan engineer an astonishing comeback and gain all the glory once again. He has acted a little catty towards Cleary with outing his secret relationship and copped a public backhander from his father.

I dont think he'll stay there. Having said that, coming here is a huge risk, however there are some decent players here already and potentially more yet to be unearthed. He is likely weighing up his chances of leading this joint back to the finals and how that will look for his legacy. The fact he will be better rewarded finacially is probably the sealer. My concern is whether he can do it outside that Penrith system.
Great post.
 
I think he’ll come to the Tigers, but I’m not really sure it’s the right move…time will tell. If they can do it in a way that he stays for 3-4 years until our young ones are competent first-graders then it’s a win win. I would hate to think we lose a Galvin over this.

Either way I’ll be getting lightly toasted for 2-3 hours each weekend from about March next year, and most probably yell at the screen.
 
He isn’t the backup guy he is the team first guy that just does his job.
Nope. He is a mug lair and has been for years.
Growing the long hair, wearing the stupid shades, carrying around a boom box playing braindead music, acting like a bad winner on the field, talking crap on social media.
Its all orchestrated. He wants to be seen. He wants to be talked about. Look how he mouthed off when Samoa made the WC Final. He is searching for validation and Penrith has too many stars for anyone other than the coach's son to stand tall.
Then he looks at Newcastle. Middling sort of team, played above their level and their star received all the plaudits...unfairly I say but he is the big name.
This is how we'll bring him in...'you'll be the big fish in a little pond but still have some decent sized fish swim with you'. The money is a great bonus.
 
Last edited:
At some point JL has to consider why he shouldn’t leave for a better deal, given Burton, Kikau, and Lenu have all looked after themselves and left and Penrith has not offered him a deal equal or better than some of the current Penrith forwards
 
Nope. He is a mug lair and has been for years.
Groing the long hair, wearing the stupid shades, carrying around a boom box playing braindead music, acting like a bad winner on the field, talking crap on social media.
Its all orchestrated. He wants to be seen. He wants to be talked about. Look how he mouthed off when Samoa made the WC Final. He is searching for validation and Penrith has too many stars for anyone other than the coach's son to stand tall.
Then he looks at Newcastle. Middling sort of team, played above their level and their star received all the plaudits...unfairly I say but he is the big name.
This is how we'll bring him in...'you'll be the big fish in a little pond but still have some decent sized fish swim with you'. The money is a great bonus.
Exactly. A movie star at best.
 
At some point JL has to consider why he shouldn’t leave for a better deal, given Burton, Kikau, and Lenu have all looked after themselves and left and Penrith has not offered him a deal equal or better than some of the current Penrith forwards
Better deal? Going to Wests Tigers is a better deal?
 
Better money maybe in the short term. But what about the long term money. After football? His legacy? Gratuities? Commissions on parafanalia.
 
Better money maybe in the short term. But what about the long term money. After football? His legacy? Gratuities? Commissions on parafanalia.
His legacy ‘being known as the 2nd fiddle to the Chin’
Gratuities ???
Commissions on para ???
??? All unknown but didn’t deter 4 other rep level players from leaving
 
Better money maybe in the short term. But what about the long term money. After football? His legacy? Gratuities? Commissions on parafanalia.
I'm doubting Luai is going to be making money after football in the media. He will always be part of Penriths success during this period, but no one will be picking him up for commentary jobs or NRL 360 appearances.

Maybe coaching, maybe he has other things on the go. I doubt a stint at the Tigers will harm him there.
 
I'm doubting Luai is going to be making money after football in the media. He will always be part of Penriths success during this period, but no one will be picking him up for commentary jobs or NRL 360 appearances.

Maybe coaching, maybe he has other things on the go. I doubt a stint at the Tigers will harm him there.
You got me there. 100% correct. Cleary different story. My bad. WestsTigers is your name. Great post.
 
I'm doubting Luai is going to be making money after football in the media. He will always be part of Penriths success during this period, but no one will be picking him up for commentary jobs or NRL 360 appearances.

Maybe coaching, maybe he has other things on the go. I doubt a stint at the Tigers will harm him there.
I would suspect he has an eye on fashion of some kind...streetwear etc.
 
Nope. He is a mug lair and has been for years.
Growing the long hair, wearing the stupid shades, carrying around a boom box playing braindead music, acting like a bad winner on the field, talking crap on social media.
Its all orchestrated. He wants to be seen. He wants to be talked about. Look how he mouthed off when Samoa made the WC Final. He is searching for validation and Penrith has too many stars for anyone other than the coach's son to stand tall.
Then he looks at Newcastle. Middling sort of team, played above their level and their star received all the plaudits...unfairly I say but he is the big name.
This is how we'll bring him in...'you'll be the big fish in a little pond but still have some decent sized fish swim with you'. The money is a great bonus.
I think he matures if he comes here and has a few bad losses. I think he continues to be a bad winner and arrogant if he stays at Penrith. Difference is, at Penrith no matter what success they have, it will always be attributed to others. At Tigers, he will get the credit if they do well because he's the half on a million
 
I think he matures if he comes here and has a few bad losses. I think he continues to be a bad winner and arrogant if he stays at Penrith. Difference is, at Penrith no matter what success they have, it will always be attributed to others. At Tigers, he will get the credit if they do well because he's the half on a million
Yep, thats the factor in our favour for sure.
 
I think he matures if he comes here and has a few bad losses. I think he continues to be a bad winner and arrogant if he stays at Penrith. Difference is, at Penrith no matter what success they have, it will always be attributed to others. At Tigers, he will get the credit if they do well because he's the half on a million
Mature. I dont think so. No credit for a sinking ship.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top