OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Plenty on here were stating that they didn't like Luai or want him at WT and that he was riding on the coattails of the chin. It was objectively crazy to me at the time based on both club and representative performance, yet it was still rampant until he became a realistic target.

Time always tells, though I think that it is reasonable to state that Jarome is at least potentially the best WT signing thus far, if not the best. He will be arriving at a competitive knowledge and physical prime point similar to that of Gareth Ellis, and a few years younger than Koroisau.

His best attributes are as a leader, who not only directs his side, but also has that follow me mentality.
Luai is a good signing.

Lets see him perform. I say the below being 100% in favour of signing him.

It's a risk. Here is a player playing behind a strong forward pack and a team that can cover mistakes fairly well. Luai needs to transition to halfback and can do the occasional game at Penrith. But can he really do this week in and week out? Luai doesn't seem to put in each an every game and that worries me.

I still think he is a good signing, but I want to see that potential realised in our colours with our team.

The best signing in recent times would be Api Koroisau by far. I mean your going back to Gareth Ellis to find a better signing. Sadly Api's effort has been unreflected in the rest of the team.
 
Give him the possession we had in the first half and we probably score more than 12 points. I’ve been really impressed with how he’s stood up and taken charge with Cleary out. His play making of late has been top level.
During last nights game I had a left field thought. If Luai replaced Galvin in that game we’re keeping the LO crowd off their seats until the whistle.
 
No, I’m excited but to say “he’s one of the best buys we’ve ever made” imo is a little premature. I expect a lot from all our signings but until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements.
Three-time premiership winning half with the possibility of a fourth and he is one of the better buys we have ever made. He has nothing to prove and to suggest "until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements" is A grade manure.
 
No, I’m excited but to say “he’s one of the best buys we’ve ever made” imo is a little premature. I expect a lot from all our signings but until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements.

There is a lot of pressure going to be heaped on him … but I got no problems with people being excited about his arrival here … not much else to be excited about as they play out another likely spoon winning campaign ..

Personally I think he needs some more outside help .. doesn’t seem to be much happening in that department …
 
Three-time premiership winning half with the possibility of a fourth and he is one of the better buys we have ever made. He has nothing to prove and to suggest "until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements" is A grade manure.
Whatever Pand C, I’m a doubting Thomas who likes to see it before I believe it and won’t change that view. Whilst he is one of the better buys we’ve made, I’m very excited for him to come and lead us to the promised land but I’ll make that judgement next season.
 
I remember certain members on here waxing lyrical about our fortunes improving when we had Api, Papi, Klem and Bateman coming as well as Sheens as coach. Any questions were shot down similarly to the Luai ones being asked currently.
Those purchases have produced 2 spoons by the way….
 
I remember certain members on here waxing lyrical about our fortunes improving when we had Api, Papi, Klem and Bateman coming as well as Sheens as coach. Any questions were shot down similarly to the Luai ones being asked currently.
Those purchases have produced 2 spoons by the way….
Those purchases have produced 1 spoon so far. They only joined us last year. Potentially 2 spoons in a few weeks but let's hope not.
 
Those purchases have produced 1 spoon so far. They only joined us last year. Potentially 2 spoons in a few weeks but let's hope not.
My statement is pre emptive, but likely all the same.
Luai will have a similar impact.
 
Not a lot one man can do … he needs another 4 or 5 new NRL level additions to help him
Yes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.
 
Yes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.

it’s hard to argue … next year looks another bottom of the ladder campaign and then Galvin will be free to sign a deal elsewhere for 2026
 
Yes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.
Not sure I agree based on what I've watched this year. The older more experienced players are the disappointing ones. A lot of them are on big money adding Stef. Meanwhile, younger guys like Pole are consistent every week. I think we need 2 more big signings to get out of the bottom 4 next year (particularly centre or prop), a change of coach with John Morris taking the reigns (he did fantastic for sharks there) and a culture shift. By keeping the 'losers' of the past teams that have won spoons the culture will not change, there has to be a freshness that the juniors are bringing along with some more key signings. Of course, that doesn't help given our feeder team is coming last in NSW cup. We are likely to win the spoon again, but a lot of that can be changed by attitude, regardless of our roster, and our 'big names' let us down more than the young guys
 
Yes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.
But, but, Bellyache said we're going to be a force in a year or two.

Maybe that was only if he was coaching this team. 🤣
 
Not sure I agree based on what I've watched this year. The older more experienced players are the disappointing ones. A lot of them are on big money adding Stef. Meanwhile, younger guys like Pole are consistent every week. I think we need 2 more big signings to get out of the bottom 4 next year (particularly centre or prop), a change of coach with John Morris taking the reigns (he did fantastic for sharks there) and a culture shift. By keeping the 'losers' of the past teams that have won spoons the culture will not change, there has to be a freshness that the juniors are bringing along with some more key signings. Of course, that doesn't help given our feeder team is coming last in NSW cup. We are likely to win the spoon again, but a lot of that can be changed by attitude, regardless of our roster, and our 'big names' let us down more than the young guys
The young guys, including Pole are not consistent.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top