Winston Churchill
Well-known member
I just hope he doesnt do any Api and Papi style interviews about not wanting to come to the Tigers after 3 wooden spoons this year.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Api never said anything about not wanting to come here. He made one joke that everyone went apeshit over. There was nothing in it.I just hope he doesnt do any Api and Papi style interviews about not wanting to come to the Tigers after 3 wooden spoons this year.
He was joking about how shit the Wests Tigers were.Api never said anything about not wanting to come here. He made one joke that everyone went apeshit over. There was nothing in it.
Luai is a good signing.Plenty on here were stating that they didn't like Luai or want him at WT and that he was riding on the coattails of the chin. It was objectively crazy to me at the time based on both club and representative performance, yet it was still rampant until he became a realistic target.
Time always tells, though I think that it is reasonable to state that Jarome is at least potentially the best WT signing thus far, if not the best. He will be arriving at a competitive knowledge and physical prime point similar to that of Gareth Ellis, and a few years younger than Koroisau.
His best attributes are as a leader, who not only directs his side, but also has that follow me mentality.
During last nights game I had a left field thought. If Luai replaced Galvin in that game we’re keeping the LO crowd off their seats until the whistle.Give him the possession we had in the first half and we probably score more than 12 points. I’ve been really impressed with how he’s stood up and taken charge with Cleary out. His play making of late has been top level.
There’s not many positives in our current squad so I can’t blame anyone for looking at 2025 instead. I’m doing the same.Can we at least wait until he pulls on the jersey !
Three-time premiership winning half with the possibility of a fourth and he is one of the better buys we have ever made. He has nothing to prove and to suggest "until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements" is A grade manure.No, I’m excited but to say “he’s one of the best buys we’ve ever made” imo is a little premature. I expect a lot from all our signings but until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements.
No, I’m excited but to say “he’s one of the best buys we’ve ever made” imo is a little premature. I expect a lot from all our signings but until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements.
Whatever Pand C, I’m a doubting Thomas who likes to see it before I believe it and won’t change that view. Whilst he is one of the better buys we’ve made, I’m very excited for him to come and lead us to the promised land but I’ll make that judgement next season.Three-time premiership winning half with the possibility of a fourth and he is one of the better buys we have ever made. He has nothing to prove and to suggest "until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements" is A grade manure.
Those purchases have produced 1 spoon so far. They only joined us last year. Potentially 2 spoons in a few weeks but let's hope not.I remember certain members on here waxing lyrical about our fortunes improving when we had Api, Papi, Klem and Bateman coming as well as Sheens as coach. Any questions were shot down similarly to the Luai ones being asked currently.
Those purchases have produced 2 spoons by the way….
My statement is pre emptive, but likely all the same.Those purchases have produced 1 spoon so far. They only joined us last year. Potentially 2 spoons in a few weeks but let's hope not.
My statement is pre emptive, but likely all the same.
Luai will have a similar impact.
Yes.Not a lot one man can do … he needs another 4 or 5 new NRL level additions to help him
Yes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.
Not sure I agree based on what I've watched this year. The older more experienced players are the disappointing ones. A lot of them are on big money adding Stef. Meanwhile, younger guys like Pole are consistent every week. I think we need 2 more big signings to get out of the bottom 4 next year (particularly centre or prop), a change of coach with John Morris taking the reigns (he did fantastic for sharks there) and a culture shift. By keeping the 'losers' of the past teams that have won spoons the culture will not change, there has to be a freshness that the juniors are bringing along with some more key signings. Of course, that doesn't help given our feeder team is coming last in NSW cup. We are likely to win the spoon again, but a lot of that can be changed by attitude, regardless of our roster, and our 'big names' let us down more than the young guysYes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.
But, but, Bellyache said we're going to be a force in a year or two.Yes.
We are losing Papali’i, Tupou and maybe Stef…the side is shit with them in it but will be worse without them.
Next couple of years look pretty bleak and then Galvin and others like Klem and Bateman and likely Api will be gone.
Tough times ahead.
The young guys, including Pole are not consistent.Not sure I agree based on what I've watched this year. The older more experienced players are the disappointing ones. A lot of them are on big money adding Stef. Meanwhile, younger guys like Pole are consistent every week. I think we need 2 more big signings to get out of the bottom 4 next year (particularly centre or prop), a change of coach with John Morris taking the reigns (he did fantastic for sharks there) and a culture shift. By keeping the 'losers' of the past teams that have won spoons the culture will not change, there has to be a freshness that the juniors are bringing along with some more key signings. Of course, that doesn't help given our feeder team is coming last in NSW cup. We are likely to win the spoon again, but a lot of that can be changed by attitude, regardless of our roster, and our 'big names' let us down more than the young guys