OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Luai is being singled out because he's an easy target being the highest paid player.

Api and Luai are both struggling. Terrell has now come back to the pack after dominating in his first few games. Pole, To'a, Samuela, Royce, Skelton, Staines are all down on form. It's a matter of time before this happens to Turuva and Taylan.

Part of this is because we're losing all the time, but the other part is the standards are not there. I think this is down to coaching but Richo is a lot closer and I'm sure he knows the issue.

People keep talking about our crap roster but it is much better than the Dragons and Flanagan seems to have them competing in most matches.
It is not much better than the Dragons!
In fact only Luai, Api, May would displace the current Dragons players in their positions. (50-50 with Api and Cook in my opinion).
 
Luai is being singled out because he's an easy target being the highest paid player.

Api and Luai are both struggling. Terrell has now come back to the pack after dominating in his first few games. Pole, To'a, Samuela, Royce, Skelton, Staines are all down on form. It's a matter of time before this happens to Turuva and Taylan.

Part of this is because we're losing all the time, but the other part is the standards are not there. I think this is down to coaching but Richo is a lot closer and I'm sure he knows the issue.

People keep talking about our crap roster but it is much better than the Dragons and Flanagan seems to have them competing in most matches.
Goes with the territory with a lack of depth. A lot of our players are underdone with niggles and fitness, well into a very long season, once again plagued by poor results and drama.

Opposition sides are starting to peak for finals or trying to make them.

Was always going to be a tough run home. Without that lucky win against titans, we would be guaranteed of 4th straight spoon. I think we are still relying on other results going our way to avoid it.
 
It is not much better than the Dragons!
In fact only Luai, Api, May would displace the current Dragons players in their positions. (50-50 with Api and Cook in my opinion).
They are spine players though. IMO Bula is better than Gutherson and I think Turuva, Taylan, To’a (pre-injury) are all better than the St George players in that position.

I’ll give you the Dragons forwards are mostly better.
 
Goes with the territory with a lack of depth. A lot of our players are underdone with niggles and fitness, well into a very long season, once again plagued by poor results and drama.

Opposition sides are starting to peak for finals or trying to make them.

Was always going to be a tough run home. Without that lucky win against titans, we would be guaranteed of 4th straight spoon. I think we are still relying on other results going our way to avoid it.
All true.

We made the our season harder by releasing Galvin, Klemmer, Miller, Bateman, Da Silva and losing Olam to injury.

Olam was the only player there we replaced.
 
They are spine players though. IMO Bula is better than Gutherson and I think Turuva, Taylan, To’a (pre-injury) are all better than the St George players in that position.

I’ll give you the Dragons forwards are mostly better.
my opinion is based on output, not potential, not talent.
Name the two sides with the changes I noted and see who you think would win?
 
my opinion is based on output, not potential, not talent.
Name the two sides with the changes I noted and see who you think would win?
Historical analysis indicates that the good guys would get up 34 -28. If we played tomorrow though it would depend on what Tigers and Saints team turned up on the day. We may still have enough to get up but I certainly wouldn't be confident.
 
There is so much that Luai is doing wrong with the ball, but his effort plays are better than any other half.

He needs to spend the entire off season kicking. His ball drop is so slow , I get a feeling he's going to get charged down every time. He could stand a meter or two back but don't think that'll fix much. Kicking is like a golf swing, it takes years to develop it and he is not a good striker of the ball.

The angles in attack feel so wrong as well. He still has a good short kicking game but it just feels like he is too close to the ruck or so far off and deep that the defence manages to slide easily.

I don't even have any suggestions, but I have no idea how Benji hasn't been able to fix this yet. If there is anything Benji should be able to coach, it is how to engage defenders. We have posessions, we have good tackle breaking centres, but how have Benji and Luai not figured out how to fix this.
 
People keep talking about our crap roster but it is much better than the Dragons and Flanagan seems to have them competing in most matches.
Ssshhhhh Don't you dare imply that Shane Flanagan is a good coach and a better coach then Benji Marshall. You'll be driven out of here with pitchforks.

We dare not mention his name.
 
Bulldogs have a coach who was involved with Penrith while they won comps , he knows what is required from players and also what is needed to be trained to win , fit to win , we are none of these , we look like we are not coached , not fit , confused ,
Good summation!!
I’m just going to throw something out there hopefully looking at the glass half full.
Before the Bulldogs became the force to be reckoned with this season. last season the major comments on their forum was get rid of Ciraldo(he can’t coach) Gould too
get rid of Burton (a myth )get rid of their hooker get rid of Kikau Sexton Kiraz Averillo Creighton they all can’t play can’t tackle -our forwards are crap (not like the dogs of war) During that rebuild last year their supporters were baying for blood. I’m not saying that the Tigers gonna be like that next year, but we may need a bit of patience to see where Benji and the rebuild can take us. Only time will tell.
 
Laui can leave today , he has done bugger all so far , he reasoners to start running straight and piss of this dogging all over the place , look what Moses done for the eels after been out for weeks , Moses worth double what luai is getting
 
They are spine players though. IMO Bula is better than Gutherson and I think Turuva, Taylan, To’a (pre-injury) are all better than the St George players in that position.

I’ll give you the Dragons forwards are mostly better.
Toa better than Suli or Holmes? Are you watching NRL?
 
There is so much that Luai is doing wrong with the ball, but his effort plays are better than any other half.

He needs to spend the entire off season kicking. His ball drop is so slow , I get a feeling he's going to get charged down every time. He could stand a meter or two back but don't think that'll fix much. Kicking is like a golf swing, it takes years to develop it and he is not a good striker of the ball.

The angles in attack feel so wrong as well. He still has a good short kicking game but it just feels like he is too close to the ruck or so far off and deep that the defence manages to slide easily.

I don't even have any suggestions, but I have no idea how Benji hasn't been able to fix this yet. If there is anything Benji should be able to coach, it is how to engage defenders. We have posessions, we have good tackle breaking centres, but how have Benji and Luai not figured out how to fix this.
I have a felling that part of the problem is that in Benji’s eyes Luai and Korisau can do no wrong, so how do they work on or fix their problems if in their coach’s eyes they are perfect ?
 
Laui can leave today , he has done bugger all so far , he reasoners to start running straight and piss of this dogging all over the place , look what Moses done for the eels after been out for weeks , Moses worth double what luai is getting
To put it into perspective Luke Brooks would also have 4 premiership wins if he was playing 5/8 for the Panthers for the past 5 years.
Te Maire Martin could do the same, possibly more than what Luai is doing for us and that would save us 900k in our salary cap.
 
I have a felling that part of the problem is that in Benji’s eyes Luai and Korisau can do no wrong, so how do they work on or fix their problems if in their coach’s eyes they are perfect ?
If I try to find a positive in this, maybe Benji is going down the path of let's just get into good habits of getting back behind the ball, get a good kick chase going, develop a good system of goal line D etc that he is not fussed about attack..

But, I don't really see us improving in that regard either. Our goal line D was good for 18 minutes then we crumbled. Our line speed was good for 15 minutes, our kick chase went to shits in the second half.

Yeh.. idk wtf is happening here..
 
Although I hate to admit looking at the way Parramatta are playing and the improvement week in week out, I feel something is terribly wrong at the tigers.
We are going backwards, as much as I want Benji to succeed I just cannot see it at the moment.
A good friend of mine who is one of the leading HR CFO in the world, so I asked him one day what his secret is he answered simply I surround myself with better people than me.

For me Benji does not have this and for him to succeed I feel this needs to be fixed ASAP as Rhino and Hodgo just don't cut it for me.
He certainly needs help as feel he would make a great NRL coach with the right people around him.
 
Goes with the territory with a lack of depth. A lot of our players are underdone with niggles and fitness, well into a very long season, once again plagued by poor results and drama.

Opposition sides are starting to peak for finals or trying to make them.

Was always going to be a tough run home. Without that lucky win against titans, we would be guaranteed of 4th straight spoon. I think we are still relying on other results going our way to avoid it.
Another spoon bowl showdown would not surprise.. It’s very possible.
 
Although I hate to admit looking at the way Parramatta are playing and the improvement week in week out, I feel something is terribly wrong at the tigers.
We are going backwards, as much as I want Benji to succeed I just cannot see it at the moment.
A good friend of mine who is one of the leading HR CFO in the world, so I asked him one day what his secret is he answered simply I surround myself with better people than me.

For me Benji does not have this and for him to succeed I feel this needs to be fixed ASAP as Rhino and Hodgo just don't cut it for me.
He certainly needs help as feel he would make a great NRL coach with the right people around him.
Ryles had 12 years of being with some of the best coaches in the world

Benji was meant to have 5 years with Sheens, after Sheens got sacked we should’ve kept that 5 year plan going with a different coach (Bennett?)
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top