OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - Official

Even Luai admits he is not a playmaker. Its a risk taking me on. Ivan is right about me. Never been a leader before. I just followed Nathan.

I think you have misrepresented what he said a little to create a certain picture. You also added "I just followed Nathan" for effect.

I interpreted what he said as just being diplomatic towards his current coach who he has to work with. There is little doubt in my mind he disagrees with Ivan completely and is pissed with him.

I can’t think of anything close. Maybe Scott Prince? We don’t win in 05 without him, but he wasn’t a star when we signed him. This is the first out and out star. At his peak.
I agree if we didn’t have Prince in 05 we wouldn’t have won the comp and agree it wasn’t a star signing at the time given he was out injured a lot. I don’t know if you can say this is our only star signing. While I do see why you think that, I think Adam Blair was technically our clubs biggest signing (potentially up until now). It gets overlooked since he was shit when he played for us, but at the time Tigers fans were over the moon when we announced him. This does have potential to be our biggest signing of this decade though I’ll say that.

Last edited:
Magpies won the last ever game 18-12 at Cambo. Kevvie McGuiness scored the match winner. Last ever Magpes win if I remember correctly.
Think you’re right. They went on to lose the rest of their games after that.

what a day. our biggest ever signing made official, with the player in question handling himself with plenty of professionalism in a press conference I was initially concerned about.

credit to Benji, credit to Richo and credit to Jarome. I can’t wait to see what he brings to our club.

I agree if we didn’t have Prince in 05 we wouldn’t have won the comp and agree it wasn’t a star signing at the time given he was out injured a lot. I don’t know if you can say this is our star signing. While I do see why you think that, I think Adam Blair was technically our clubs biggest signing. It gets overlooked since he was shit when he played for us, but at the time Tigers fans were over the moon when we announced him. This does have potential to be our biggest signing of this decade though I’ll say that.
Blair is maybe the closest. God, remember that saga when we were signing him. That was about 500 pages. Went forever.

What his signing says is Wests Tigers with the Massive shake up of the executive where we finally got rid of the CEO and Chairman have really finally embarked on a new era and as such many will give us a clean slate and an open mind about going to Concord .
Won't be surprised if we don't land a couple of more stars in the next 9 months .
2025 could be a big year just like 2005

Blair is maybe the closest. God, remember that saga when we were signing him. That was about 500 pages. Went forever.
I was 16 when we got him. I remember being thrilled that we landed him, all my footy mates at school were jealous that we got him. And I was the only Tigers fan amongst them.

I was 16 when we got him. I remember being thrilled that we landed him, all my footy mates at school were jealous that we got him. And I was the only Tigers fan amongst them.
And then he played his first game 😅

Us or dogs, that was only it, dogs have no money, universe7 clothing brand gave it away for me

And then he played his first game 😅
And that was when we knew it was a terrible buy. Not our best signing, but probably our biggest signing until today. Although I think Api is probably up there as well. He’s at least top 5 Api.

I think Luai is an underrated defender.

Plays with some spark in attack too.
Smart player.

Wish he was coming this year though.
Think it's heaps better waiting another year demps. We still need time to weed out a few more players and give the halves the year to audition to partner him. Think if he comes this year with our current backline he will be on a hiding to nothing. In 12 months with Richardson and Benji working togeather we will have a much more rounded squad that will help him do his thing a lot better.

And that was when we knew it was a terrible buy. Not our best signing, but probably our biggest signing until today. Although I think Api is probably up there as well. He’s at least top 5 Api.
And Pap. Hype wise anyway.

Back