Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players make or break coaches. Benji for that reason is already on the back foot - inheriting a dual wooden spoon squad. People have to be realistic about what he as an individual can achieve until some of the barriers are addressed.
I bet you are a fun at parties !! 😀😉

When you see your self as a professional athlete.
Do you really need to join your best mates so you’re motivated to do your job?
Same as player X supported the club as a kid.

Umless you're a local jnr you've been playing against that club all through jnr reps... It wouldn't be a factor by the time nrl recruitment was a factor in their careers

I hope you all had a great Xmas,Im looking forward to the upcoming season and Benji at the helm completely...It doesnt matter how much hope,opinion or speculation is contained within these pages in regard to Luai becoming a Tiger in 23 or 24,whatever happens-happens,what everything revolves around is the squad Benji has at hand and what results he gets from them this year...
Positions need to be sorted,gameplans and structured have to be compiled..I agree that the board needed to be sorted and head coach and staff need to be stable and assured as we go into the season 23..
My expectations are a little better now that if things work well this year we could be around 12/14 on the ladder,I havent got a crystal ball so I just hope we can improve as a team and club moving forward...
Anyhow have a great new year and hopefully I will catch up with some of you at Campo one of these games this year..As always "stay safe" and God bless....

Unfortunately a new board won’t make tackles or score tries.
It’s up to Benji to try and extract the most from what he’s got, especially in the halves and other backs. Then it’s over to the players, as it always is.
I just hope they are really angry about the last 2 seasons and show some real starch and desire.
It really hasn’t been evident for a long time. As I heard Richo say last night, the big thing about footy is emotion, you just gotta have it .
My fingers are crossed in anticipation of some significant improvement in 24.

Unfortunately a new board won’t make tackles or score tries.
It’s up to Benji to try and extract the most from what he’s got, especially in the halves and other backs. Then it’s over to the players, as it always is.
I just hope they are really angry about the last 2 seasons and show some real starch and desire.
It really hasn’t been evident for a long time. As I heard Richo say last night, the big thing about footy is emotion, you just gotta have it .
My fingers are crossed in anticipation of some significant improvement in 24.
I believe the squad we have now even without Luai are capable of so much more if they are coached well, structurally, mentally and physically. I reckon Benji can do this, he’s a great man manager, like Bennett, which is something we haven‘t had in a very long time. Part of the battle is believing in yourself and your abilities. The team we have now does have the collective ability to be a far better team than they’ve shown over the past 2 seasons.

Tim was great in his day, but he’s been well past it for a good while now. His second appointment at head coach was never going to work, but at least it gave Benji the chance to learn coaching skills without being under the pump as head coach. I hope he learned enough to hit the ground running, he’s certainly not short on confidence.

I’m looking forward to what our new buys can do as well. Sezer I believe will bring better stability and structure to the halves. Brooks wasnt a bad guy but anyone with half a brain could see he was as stale as mouldy old dough about 5 years ago!! Sullivan and Fainu have xfactor and could be anything given the right environment. It’s a bonus that all the Fainus are together in one team also, imo. The big rugby winger is a mystery, but if he makes the code transition well he could turn out to be a great buy! His rugby form has been impressive. Still, I think we’re one centre short of a good backline. It’s getting there, but gee I wish we could bag even Olam at this stage, just for the experience and defensive structure he can bring. Hoping Benji can transform Toa into a game breaker, with the right service out of the halves anything is possible. Only downside for me is losing Tupou for 2025, he should’ve been a keeper.

Last edited:
Was not a fan of the Sheens/ Marshall appointments.
Am; however, now warming to it a little more with possible recruitment/ change in board.
Ingredients are in the bowl but proof is in the pudding. Willing to give him this year to see what happens. Would be very happy to see him and the club be more successful.

I was the same. I would never have selected him and don't think any other board would have..

Thought it was the much maligned previous administrations biggest stuff up. But they took the risk.

But credit where credit due.

His fast tracked promotion into the role along with the acquisition of Morris has led to Api resigned, Stefs upgrade and now probably Luai and Olam and a massive buy in from the playing group and a buzz around the club.

Without this selection we would now be waiting for a new board, a new plan and a slow boat to China for success

Thought last night what a boon Luai will be. Thinking the optics of a guy just coming off a three peat and wanting to sign with the wooden spooners with an untried coach.

Furthermore our salary cap is in good shape, all sponsorships including Lee's have been retained and the club is in good financial shape with the absence of negative scandals.

Richardson and whatever new board is selected are walking into a club in pretty good shape with no mess to clean up with a side that could make the semis..........next year.

They have plenty to build on.

The podcast was light hearted but Richo certainly opened up on his thoughts about the players and coach.
I thought he was overdoing the self effacing talk, but as you say it was a casual chat. And I suppose his initial goal is to open hearts and minds to possibilities, so I see where he’s going with it. 👍

Reactions: BZN
Hope everyone had a great Christmas 🎄 🎅

Apologies for the belated message, been a bit crook for a few days now, but finally starting to feel a bit better thanks to some appropriate medicine. Sadly Christmas Day was the worst of it, spent most of the day in hospital lol. God bless the incredible staff at these places, who give up their Christmases with their families to look after people who are suffering with all sorts and they do it all with smile. Hats off to you!

Assuming Luai does arrive at WT, as now seems likely, his on field talent, as good as it is, may actually prove less significant than the bonus of our finally losing the "can't sign a marquee player" stigma and being able to attract other class players to the club.

Regardless of whether he is successful or not (I don't think he'll turn out to be worth the 1.2 million per year), as a person he will change the culture of the club. That is given
Depends how we as a club rate the value he brings. If it's just on field results on his own he won't live up to the price tag. If we rate his value in terms of his leadership, playing ability, drive, determination and his ability to recreate our clubs culture then at 1.2 million its a bargain imo. There would be players in the future who will sign with the Tigers just yo play alongside Luai. We havnt had that in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back