Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we keep him now that he has come this far.

Api, Benji and the opportunity to be the star of the show.

Can we offload Sezer to the dogs if he comes next year?

Are the Bulldogs able to make a counter offer during the 10 day cooling off period or is it only Penrith that can enter into a re -negotiation?

I highly doubt his value is 600k anymore . He wasn’t the fastest already , and who knows how his knee recovers . I think 400-500k would be a fair deal , if not overs . But he’s not a half anymore , so I guess he will have to find his new role , be it centre , edge back row , lock even .
We need centres and a lock...

Unless Faagutu or Laualii make it there's over the next season or so.

Ciraldo said they wouldnt be making an offer to Luai until he indicated he was leaving Penrith. The same as they did with Critta.

I highly doubt his value is 600k anymore . He wasn’t the fastest already , and who knows how his knee recovers . I think 400-500k would be a fair deal , if not overs . But he’s not a half anymore , so I guess he will have to find his new role , be it centre , edge back row , lock even .

We need to look beyond AD. He has run his course here.

I doubt we will see much from him in 24.
He isn’t a backrower and it’s clear we have moved on halves wise past him. He isn’t a NRL top quality center either.

For 25 if we were to spend 400-500k prefer that spent on a different player.

I won't have expected Luai to say he has signed with us. He'll keep it all quiet until the 10 day period has cooled off if he has.

Will wait for the official announcement but am quietly stoked.

And I'll hazard a guess that those who don't like Luai or think of him as a villain are mostly Qld fans. All stemming from when he seemed to taunt a knocked-out Cobbo in 2022. I understand tribalism and cognitive dissonance are hard to combat but as far as 'villains of the game' go, he wouldn't come close to previous contenders. I'd even put Latrell Mitchell ahead of him and he's a Blue. Plus Luai is a cleanskin off the field (one awkward best man speech shouldn't even warrant mentioning) and all reports point to him actually going above and beyond for his community and fans.

He will be a big get on and off the field. Well done Benji and the team. Exciting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back