Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but was he retiring that year anyway, and the injury ended his season, or was he not planning on retiring at the end of that season?
I think it was his final year. His shoulder was already dodgy but Cement did some free chiropractic work for him and he decided to finish up.

Reactions: BZN
Most have been asking for a dominant game controlling half with a strong kicking game.
That’s not Luau, he’s never demonstrated those qualities.
He’s purely a ball runner as was Brooks and we know how that turned out.
Thats not how he played with Samoa. He plays that way at Penrith because The One Who Cant Be Named's son is the dominant half.

I reckon I was there the day Sterlo was finished. Wests v Parra at Parra and Cement Gillespie hit Sterling with an absolute brute of a tackle. I could be wrong though, it seems my memory ain’t what it used to be.
Yes, Sterlo seemed to be moving quite slowly. Like he was thinking what to do. Gillespie came in from the left as Sterlo was drifting right. It was a crunching hit. We all new it was bad.

I think it was his final year. His shoulder was already dodgy but Cement did some free chiropractic work for him and he decided to finish up.
I was on the northern hill that day.

The tackle was late after Sterling passed and relaxed. Fully legitimate under the rules in 92, but today he'd get 12 weeks.

I heard from a close family member today who is good mates with a current Penrith player who was in the huddle with Jarome for his announcement yesterday morning at training that he told the team he’ll be leaving the club after the 2024 season and is going to the Wests Tigers.

I know that’s what was said yesterday by some reporters however I usually believe very little of what they write. I also became concerned myself when Jarome posted his cooling comments yesterday lunchtime.

I’m always sceptical myself with reading information like this as well so take it how you like however this puts my mind at ease.

Another odd bit is even though Jarome did tell them he’s all in for season 2024 with Penrith I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head across to us early next year. I believe there’s a slight possibility something could happen there, even though Penrith aren’t keen to release him early, apparently.

Anyway just thought I’d share what I heard 👍🏼🐯

I heard from a close family member today who is good mates with a current Penrith player who was in the huddle with Jarome for his announcement yesterday morning at training that he told the team he’ll be leaving the club after the 2024 season and is going to the Wests Tigers.

I know that’s what was said yesterday by some reporters however I usually believe very little of what they write. I also became concerned myself when Jarome posted his cooling comments yesterday lunchtime.

I’m always sceptical myself with reading information like this as well so take it how you like however this puts my mind at ease.

Another odd bit is even though Jarome did tell them he’s all in for season 2024 with Penrith I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head across to us early next year. I believe there’s a slight possibility something could happen there, even though Penrith aren’t keen to release him early, apparently.

I think the only way they'd release him early is if we swap either Sullivan or fainu for him

I'd hope the club does it but I wouldn't enjoy the meltdown on the forum when whoever we release kills it for penrith

I think the only way they'd release him early is if we swap either Sullivan or fainu for him

I'd hope the club does it but I wouldn't enjoy the meltdown on the forum when whoever we release kills it for penrith
No way we benefit penrith like that. Luai is coming off a shoulder injury without a preseason. Let him recover at the best experts at Penrith then let him freshen up for the 2024/25 preseason with us unscathed, fresh and ready after knowing his destiny from the start of the year. We need payback on Ivan. No need to help him out

If the savior sorry i mean Luai signs with us for 5 years and does his shoulder a la Douie next season are we up for anything money wise.
If he does his shoulder next season, he would be a Panthers employee, so they would cover everything. Our obligation would start at the end of next season.

If he gets injured, with us, he would be treated like any other player on our injury list.

Reactions: BZN

How on earth did the media just all of a sudden capture that moment on camera. Surely there must of been a bit of a heads up that that was how and when he was going to break the news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back