Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does his shoulder next season, he would be a Panthers employee, so they would cover everything. Our obligation would start at the end of next season.

If he gets injured, with us, he would be treated like any other player on our injury list.
Nothing to say that he needs to come across from Jan 1. The longer he stays with Penrith the less we have to pay for the year. If he comes to us fully rehabbed mid season that’s probably the best outcome. However highly unlikely.

How on earth did the media just all of a sudden capture that moment on camera. Surely there must of been a bit of a heads up that that was how and when he was going to break the news?
I dunno man ! They’re pretty good at capturing intimate moments . They would have seen the huddle , and noticed luai in the middle . Also I’m assuming the manager leaked the telling the rest of the team last night . It wouldn’t have been hard to put it all together .
I don’t really get why you’d do it on the training paddock for all to see though .

I think the only way they'd release him early is if we swap either Sullivan or fainu for him

I'd hope the club does it but I wouldn't enjoy the meltdown on the forum when whoever we release kills it for penrith
The only expendable player in our squad who is basically surplus to us that has value to other clubs is Simpkin.

I dunno man ! They’re pretty good at capturing intimate moments . They would have seen the huddle , and noticed luai in the middle . Also I’m assuming the manager leaked the telling the rest of the team last night . It wouldn’t have been hard to put it all together .
I don’t really get why you’d do it on the training paddock for all to see though .
Their training ground ain’t like Concord where it’s close to the public. It’s right up the back of Panthers club. Media would have to be invited in to capture that moment.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
If the savior sorry i mean Luai signs with us for 5 years and does his shoulder a la Douie next season are we up for anything money wise.
While it is a high chance he does his shoulder again in the future, every single player is under an injury cloud. The money to bring his on field performances isn't the only thing he brings, when he is injured he will be a great mentor to the young halves and a great culture guy

Another odd bit is even though Jarome did tell them he’s all in for season 2024 with Penrith I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head across to us early next year. I believe there’s a slight possibility something could happen there, even though Penrith aren’t keen to release him early, apparently.
I don't believe this bit.
They need him next year as they have lost some good talent post 23.
It would be stupid to let him walk when they could use him to reach a 5th GF in succession as well as help bring in his replacement.

If the money and contract length is even close there is no doubt he will head to the Bulldogs to reignite his connection with Kikau, Burton & Crichton.
He played his best football when combining with these players, so it makes perfect sense from his point of view.

If the money and contract length is even close there is no doubt he will head to the Bulldogs to reignite his connection with Kikau, Burton & Crichton.
He played his best football when combining with these players, so it makes perfect sense from his point of view.
He's already agreed to sign with WT's hence the 10 day cooling off period.

Doesn’t make sense to report that if the formal submitted offer he said yes to is reported at $6m over 5yrs. Unless the deal comes with a heck of alot of brown paper bags & Luai is great at golf.
Bulldogs ethically couldn’t submit an offer until Luai indicated he was prepared to leave Penrith, and he did that by declaring to the NRL that he would accept Tigers offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back