Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should all enjoy the feeling of getting Luai and bettering the Bulldogs. I would speculate that Burton would like to be at the WTs playing outside of Luai to take a lot of the pressure of play making from him.

Well why is he posting on his own social media page that he has not put pen to paper ?
Because he hasn't? Once the 10 day cooling off period is over is when he can officially put pen to paper & become a WT's player for 2025. Only Penrith (not Bulldogs) can come back with a revised offer during that period which they won't do.

Because he hasn't? Once the 10 day cooling off period is over is when he can officially put pen to paper & become a WT's player for 2025. Only Penrith (not Bulldogs) can come back with a revised offer during that period which they won't do.
Gould, Laundy, Crichton, Ciraldo and Kikau will be calling him multiple times thru the week in an effort to get him to wait out the 10 days and cop an upgraded offer from them. they won't sit on their hands and they certainly don't play ball from an ethical standpoint. I'm not sure if they'll go to $1.2m and I think Luai will stick by his decision, but 10 days is a very long time where plenty can happen.

Gould, Laundy, Crichton, Ciraldo and Kikau will be calling him multiple times thru the week in an effort to get him to wait out the 10 days and cop an upgraded offer from them. they won't sit on their hands and they certainly don't play ball from an ethical standpoint. I'm not sure if they'll go to $1.2m and I think Luai will stick by his decision, but 10 days is a very long time where plenty can happen.
It's against the rules mate they can't.

Mate foxs sports saying this morning bulldogs can still sign him.
Yeh, unfortunately. I’ve read the rules and there’s nothing there to rule out an additional rival club. Gould and Ciraldo promised Cleary and Penrith they would not poach. Any Penrith player needs to declare they want out of Penrith before Dogs would make them an offer. Hence the late offer.

I think we should all enjoy the feeling of getting Luai and bettering the Bulldogs. I would speculate that Burton would like to be at the WTs playing outside of Luai to take a lot of the pressure of play making from him.
Burton is a centre. Nothing ive seen so far shows me he has it for a 5/8th. Hes young though so never know. Hes big enough for a ball playing lock tbh.

Yeh, unfortunately. I’ve read the rules and there’s nothing there to rule out an additional rival club. Gould and Ciraldo promised Cleary and Penrith they would not poach. Any Penrith player needs to declare they want out of Penrith before Dogs would make them an offer. Hence the late offer.
the whole "we won't poach unless we know they're leaving" is horseshit. they were desperate for both Crichton and Leniu and were in the background well before 1 November 2022.

according to an ITK over on Penrith's LU forum, Gus was talking to Luai well before Nov 1 but went quiet in the weeks that followed the date. they will push for his services right til the very end.

Bulldogs will be doing their best to snare Luai. Gould does not WTs gaining any momentum he likes us exactly where we are. To beat them for Luai's signature would be a monumental coupe - but only an official announcement will convince me that he won't be wearing Bulldogs colours.

I'm just hoping he has some morals and once he committed to us he honours this unless Panthers change his mind. If he says no to us and takes Dogs offer he will not have a very good rep out there IMO.
The NRL will amend this rule soon so it's just the 2 clubs once a player agrees.
Dogs would of spoke about money before he announce he was leaving so that is a load of rubbish.

Thing is he would have decided this a week ago or longer. And he would have known what the Dogs verbal offer was, as well as what our formal offer was when he made up his mind.

It's not as if Luai accepted our offer with no idea what any other club would be willing to have offered. His agent would have spoken to all interested parties, gathered all information, gave it to Luai to then decide what he wanted to do. And he took all that in and chose us. And told family, friends and team mates he chose us.

Unless the Dogs suddenly offer an extra million or two I can't see him just changing his mind over a couple hundred k. And i'm also fairly sure Gus would have given Luai his best offer, or very close to it, to try and land him from the beginning rather than have him accept a rivals offer and then try get a backflip.

I'm just hoping he has some morals and once he committed to us he honours this unless Panthers change his mind. If he says no to us and takes Dogs offer he will not have a very good rep out there IMO.
The NRL will amend this rule soon so it's just the 2 clubs once a player agrees.
Dogs would of spoke about money before he announce he was leaving so that is a load of rubbish.
I think Gould would have waited to get an estimate of what we were prepared to offer after already having an advantage with Ciraldo and ex Panther mates. Have no doubt there will be lots of twoing and froing with Luai's manager in the coming days.

I don't think Crichton, Burton, Kikau or Ciraldo will. I would be shocked if they did. They are his mates. No doubt they would have spoken to him over the past few months and shared their thoughts, tried to persuade him, but if he's now made his decision I am sure they would accept it and congratulate their mate on setting up his family.

Gus and Laundy however i'm sure have no morals or friends, it's all just business and they would do anything to get the result they want. But if they already met with him and gave their pitch and he chose to go a different path i'm not sure what badgering him now would achieve.

I think Luai would stick by his word and intention to sign with us, possibly unless there's a $7-8 million offer out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back