Justin Olam #281

Yah dunno how to feel about this, no doubt Olam's quality - just hope last year was a bad year impacted by injuries.

Moreso disappointed to see Blore go, big question mark around his future, I understand, but he can be a weapon if he gets consistent football. No doubt he has the heart and ability.
We have a million forwards and no backs. We've traded injury question marks. We got the older bloke who if he isn't washed has proved himself elite, they got the younger bloke who hasn't proven anything yet. It's a very even swap for both clubs.

He needs a change of fortune with injury for sure. I hope it happens for him at the Storm.
Nothing against the kid but he’s representative of so many signings under the previous admin. Injured at a previous club, over-hyped upon signing, given an opportunity before he was ready, inconsistent on the field, hurt often, then let go all before proving he’s proven first grade material. It’s what happens when you have a void of senior leaders in a club and young guys get thrown to the wolves. I also wish him well.

Great signing. Blore has played 30 games in 4 years for the tigers. Half the fans think we have let go Payne hass. Blore has done absolutely nothing for the tigers the whole time he has played for us. Constantly injured and the only highlight was a tackle on Nathan Brown who got up strait away and ran at him again. Olam hits the defence a lot harder than Blore and he is a centre.

Fantastic signing about time the tigers have a top centre it has been a long time since we have had one.
Whoever plays wing outside of olam this year will score plenty of trys.

It's not about Olam v Blore.

It's about we being desperate for a centre who can execute a game plan at a high level.

Even if he is considered burned out I'm sure he's got 2 good years in him for us.

To prove a point at a minimum.

Last edited:
It's not about Olam v Blore.

It's about we a desperate for a centre who can execute a game plan at a high level.

Even if he is considered burned out I'm sure he's got 2 good years in him for us.

To prove a point at a minimum.
We signed him for 3 years, so we need 3 good years out of him.
I’m disappointed to lose Blore as I rate him as an edge back rower much higher than most, but I’m excited to see what Justin Olam can bring us.

We signed him for 3 years, so we need 3 good years out of him.
I’m disappointed to lose Blore as I rate him as an edge back rower much higher than most, but I’m excited to see what Justin Olam can bring us.
Nah, 2 would be good. Makes 2025 even more exciting, but looking forward for first game this year too.

if PNG do start a team in 2026 I'm sure he'll swansong with them.

Welcome Justin Olam to a bright new chapter at the Wests Tigers.

I can feel a new FAN FAVOURITE has arrived.
Me personally.

I am cheering for him heavily. Happy to start a personal fan club of the guy. Olam, Barge over and do your team and nation proud.

Reactions: BZN
I'm very nervous about the contract length and size. I don't think it's like Joey L because he's never had discipline issues but I worry that he's past it.

That said, there's a dearth of quality centres out there and he has been a hard running and reliable player up until now. He definitely makes our side better in round 2, I'm just not sure he'll hold up for the full season and into the next two years given how physically he plays the game.

Nonetheless, it definitely improves a very weak backline.

If Olam is injury free he will play more 1st grade games than Blore. If thats the case its a win for us. Its probably in the later years where Blore would play more games than a fit Olam.
Just my thinking

I do wonder if he took the chance for a redundancy payment. Has been at the club a long time mayby he wanted to walk away with a payout. Many people I know are happy to take a redundancy

I take it he was the gear steward?
He was sacked iirc, bit of a weird one sacking a gear steward, why was it of such significance that it was even mentioned..

Back