Justin Pascoe

CEO Pascoe made all the good calls …( as few as they were ) …

The bad calls got made by “the Board” (thats really code for Lee) and he just got dragged along helplessly …

I mean .. do we think the Fulton appointment without consulting the coaching staff would happen with Richo’s as CEO?

Last edited:
I can see Justin coming back in a CFO role at WT. But it's one problem at a time. Our biggest problem at the moment is getting out of the pool.
"I can see..."

Is that the same as Justin by his own words "envisioning success" for the club .... while never coming close to achieving it?

He is damaged goods in the corporate rugby league world - and needs to move on to a new industry for his family's sake!

Him laying blame on Board dysfunction is not something future prospective employers will consider lightly...

Seems to be angling for a cushy job with the NRL admin - good luck with that dopey!

So you reckon Tales of Tiger Town would have shown the club in a more positive light if filmed in 2023 - when we got the wooden spoon for a second consecutive year - sacked the new coach mid-season and subsequently undertook the independent review that claimed Pascoe and Lee's scalps...??

View attachment 10397
I reckon it would've been a lot more entertaining, particularly the last bit.

Exactly, I’m sure his intentions were good but his foresight was non-existent. Came up with the doco idea after watching Subderland till I Die and didn’t consider the potential ramifications given the club hasn’t made the finals for 8 years at that point.

Wasn’t the time to be bold and innovative. Needed to lock down and do the basics right before you shout it from the rooftops, just like Richo is doing now.
Exactly. He got distracted from the main game very easily because it’s not his skill set. Basically admitted he had recruitment wrong his entire tenure. Imagine having to convince 9 board members to sign a star player. He could never get anything that would change the club’s fortunes done and couldn’t find a way to make necessary changes so he tried to be an innovator and only made things worse.

Last edited:
Pascoe seems like an alright guy , and clearly loves the club with his Freudian we and us rhetoric in his interview , but the Lee stuff did my head in !
On one hand he talks about how the board were a bunch of no nothing , blazer wearing douchebags, and then on the other he talks about how the same douchebags shafted Lee and him . On that point it’s a case of “they’re telling you who they are” .
And as for the Lee supposed disrespect , I mean the fact that his money and benefactor had become muddled with the chairman role is the whole problem with the previous governance .
Also , once again his history of petulance “was telling us who he was” meant there was no way he was delivering a message in a press conference where he steps down and admits fault .
It’s pie in the sky stuff , and Monday morning quarterbacking .
The hubris and lack of realism about the actual situation the tigers are/were in , is either complete narcissism or just stupidity IMO.
I will be eternally grateful for the COE x 2 , and the financial stability Justin provided the club , but I said this a long time ago and @cochise stole it for the podcast lol , you need peacetime generals and wartime generals . And that transition had to happen !

Pascoe seems like an alright guy , and clearly loves the club with his Freudian we and us rhetoric in his interview , but the Lee stuff did my head in !
On one hand he talks about how the board were a bunch of no nothing , blazer wearing douchebags, and then on the other he talks about how the same douchebags shafted Lee and him . On that point it’s a case of “they’re telling you who they are” .
And as for the Lee supposed disrespect , I mean the fact that his money and benefactor had become muddled with the chairman role is the whole problem with the previous governance .
Also , once again his history of petulance “was telling us who he was” meant there was no way he was delivering a message in a press conference where he steps down and admits fault .
The hubris and lack of realism about the actual situation the tigers are/were in , is either complete narcissism or just stupidity IMO.
I will be eternally grateful for the COE x 2 , and the financial stability Justin provided the club , but I said this a long time ago and @cochise stole it for the podcast lol , you need peacetime generals and wartime generals . And that transition had to happen !
Fantastic musing

Exactly. He got distracted from the main game very easily because it’s not his skill set. Basically admitted he had recruitment wrong his entire tenure. Imagine having to convince 9 board members to sign a star player. He could never get anything that would change the club’s fortunes done and couldn’t find a way to make necessary changes so he tried to be an innovator and only made things worse.

Personality thing for mine....
Not necessarily a flaw...
Just not a big enough Prick.

Richo doesn't seem to need to be incredibly well liked, Just get it done...
Still concerned he's 1/3 of the way through his tenure and we've not stitched him up long term.

Was that where I got that from? I knew I saw it somewhere.

It is interesting that the more the board bossed around the CEO, the more the CEO retaliated in a way that had a harmful effect on the playing group. The CEO had to constantly remind anyone who was listening that he was the boss, just ask the boss.

Personality thing for mine....
Not necessarily a flaw...
Just not a big enough Prick.

Richo doesn't seem to need to be incredibly well liked, Just get it done...
Still concerned he's 1/3 of the way through his tenure and we've not stitched him up long term.
You think Richo is playing practical jokes on players?! Talk about stay in your lane 🙄

You think Richo is playing practical jokes on players?! Talk about stay in your lane 🙄
Different managers have different styles that can be effective.
The man recognised as the greatest manager of all time, Michael Scott, always enjoyed a good chuckle with his staff.

Different managers have different styles that can be effective.
The man recognised as the greatest manager of all time, Michael Scott, always enjoyed a good chuckle with his staff.
David Brent: Our business is like an organsim.
Jennifer: Which part are you David?
David Brent: Good question, probably the humour.

"I can see..."

Is that the same as Justin by his own words "envisioning success" for the club .... while never coming close to achieving it?

He is damaged goods in the corporate rugby league world - and needs to move on to a new industry for his family's sake!

Him laying blame on Board dysfunction is not something future prospective employers will consider lightly...

Seems to be angling for a cushy job with the NRL admin - good luck with that dopey!
Did you watch the interview?

He was hardly throwing anyone under the bus. Let's be fair when we assess things and comment on the facts.

Latest posts

Members online

Back