Keebra Park High

diedpretty

Just saw on Twitter that Keebra Park has ended association with WT. Have become feeder with Canterbury.

https://twitter.com/katiebrownaus/status/842178930991800320

the warren mcdonnell factor

sad to hear, we've had some good kids come from Keebra

Club seems pretty much asleep at the wheel in relation to everything. Probably didn't even see it coming.

@ said:
Club seems pretty much asleep at the wheel in relation to everything. Probably didn't even see it coming.

Chill dude. It has been reported for close on 12 months that Canterbury wanted Keebra Park, which is why they recruited WMc. I don't think anyone was asleep at the wheel. I just think we are not in a position to offer them the money that the dogs can. It was quite remarkable we held onto them for as long as we did. No great loyalty shown by Keebra Park, but I guess schools are a business these days too.

I don't think we need to bag the club for everything that doesn't go our way.

@ said:
I dont really know much about Keebra Park high.. Who has come from there?

Benji Marshall
Bodene Thompson
Corey Norman
Ben Teo
Sam Moa
Greg Eastwood
Tau Tau Moga
Te Maire Martin
BMM
Kenny Edwards
Issac Lui
Jordan Kahu
Ignatius Passi
Rangi Chase
Jai Arrow
JJ Felise
Tim Smith

You'd get a pretty good side from that with those players in their primes

From the current top squad it's Felise, Jacobs and Heleta. It just seems ridiculous to let the most consistently strong rugby league school in QLD slip away like that. It put a dent in the Raiders recruitment for a few years after they moved from them to us. While it is likely to be less important to have so many young players signed up with the 20's gone from next year to let such a strong recruitment program that scours QLD, Northern NSW and NZ for players for their program to slip away is poor management. Hopefully the club has hired a whole heap of recruiters to go out and look for the best juniors to fill the void.

@ said:
From the current top squad it's Felise, Jacobs and Heleta. It just seems ridiculous to let the most consistently strong rugby league school in QLD slip away like that. It put a dent in the Raiders recruitment for a few years after they moved from them to us. While it is likely to be less important to have so many young players signed up with the 20's gone from next year to let such a strong recruitment program that scours QLD, Northern NSW and NZ for players for their program to slip away is poor management. Hopefully the club has hired a whole heap of recruiters to go out and look for the best juniors to fill the void.

I think we have 4 in the current NYC side also

@ said:
@ said:
I dont really know much about Keebra Park high.. Who has come from there?

Benji Marshall
Bodene Thompson
Corey Norman
Ben Teo
Sam Moa
Greg Eastwood
Tau Tau Moga
Te Maire Martin
BMM
Kenny Edwards
Issac Lui
Jordan Kahu
Ignatius Passi
Rangi Chase
Jai Arrow
JJ Felise
Tim Smith

You'd get a pretty good side from that with those players in their primes

Marshall and maybe JJ the only 2 we are really going to get out of the school and although disappointing to lose the them we can still bid for player's from there as other clubs did when we had the school

@ said:

Well time to become a feeder club for one of the current Qld Cup sides

As much as this would hurt ,Watto's mob would be the best choice , Brisbane Easts

Gee that was hard to spit out , feel I need to throw up now

The Big 4, Keebra Park, Special shoes, Fresh fruit, The candyman, how many times have we made the 8 in the last decade…

Not saying its a good thing they left to the dogs, but it hasnt really done much for us in recent times

@ said:
@ said:

As much as this would hurt ,Watto's mob would be the best choice , Brisbane Easts

Easts Tigers are with Melbourne Storm.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Easts Tigers are with Melbourne Storm.

Do realize this , but Watto could organize his Old Boys to throw some weight around and get some change happening

@ said:
The Big 4, Keebra Park, Special shoes, Fresh fruit, The candyman, how many times have we made the 8 in the last decade…

Not saying its a good thing they left to the dogs, but it hasnt really done much for us in recent times

A bit unfair blaming the feeder for our woes in recent times… At some point their responsibility becomes ours

Just because we have ended the relationship with Keebra doesn't mean that we can't jump in and sign one of their players.
Other teams have sign their payers while they were our feeder school.

@ said:
Just because we have ended the relationship with Keebra doesn't mean that we can't jump in and sign one of their players.
Other teams have sign their payers while they were our feeder school.

Exactly! A significant number of Keebra kids did not come to Tigers, not that we didn't have a good pathway set up, but lots went elsewhere.

@ said:
@ said:

A bit unfair blaming the feeder for our woes in recent times… At some point their responsibility becomes ours

No, Not blaming them at all, #justaying that its not the end of the world, just like it won't be when we lose one, two or all of the big four, life will still go on.

As long as we don't become a jilted ex lover :laughing:

I remember Jordan Kahu is a Keebra product too.

Geez, Keebra was a great pathway for us to pick the cream from one of Qld's top league nurseries.

Wests Tigers should inform all members and fans as to the options we have for junior recruitment going forward.

when u boil it all down, we really only got one very good one out of the school, BENJI.

Latest posts

Back