Kelma Tuilagi Signs With Manly

I know we've been linked with Nani a bit. Had a close watch yesterday and wasn't very impressed besides one nice bomb-take and try. I know he has a big rep, but is he really better than Kelma? Ten missed tackles is horrid.
Arguably his worst game in first grade by a good margin last night. Watch him in the game the week before and he was very good. Only 19 as well, he's a talent.

I know we've been linked with Nani a bit. Had a close watch yesterday and wasn't very impressed besides one nice bomb-take and try. I know he has a big rep, but is he really better than Kelma? Ten missed tackles is horrid.
To be fair, the kid is only 19 and played 6 games.

Sure he made a few mistakes but made up for it by causing a lot of damage and showed enough to indicate that he is going to be pretty special.

Arguably his worst game in first grade by a good margin last night. Watch him in the game the week before and he was very good. Only 19 as well, he's a talent.
Fair enough. Must admit I missed last week.

Good point

He is the real deal his only 18-19 would be a great Signing if the club can pull it off

Tuilagi is practically our best player already.
Really love him and Luciano for us this year and can't believe we're going through the same process... yet again... of having to see our better players leave (though I do agree with the club's decision of not offering LL more money to stay).

so has he actually signed with Manly yet ??
If not I can only hope the club opens there eyes and increase our offer and years... FMD we are a laughing stock

so has he actually signed with Manly yet ??
If not I can only hope the club opens there eyes and increase our offer and years... FMD we are a laughing stock
He confirmed it himself a few weeks back

What a loss this guy will be. Such a shame to have identified him from Melbourne, spent years developing him, only for him to leave just as he hits grade. Don’t know how manly are going to fit them all in. Maybe we can have a crack at Olakauatu or Schuster, Tapau or Paseka?

One has to wonder why Kelma wasnt promoted by the coach to first grade last year? It shows you how incompetent Maguire is as a coach I am afraid

Tuilagi could only play after Round 11 or 16 or something. He was put in when he could and played a few games before doing his shoulder. Was going well.

Where Maguire can not excuse him self is the fact that he sees this guy every day at training, and didn't have him locked up on a good contract for years. The guy hits like a brick and runs hard as anything. Manly sore a few games and noticed it and swooped in? That's on Maguire. In a time where our back row depth is at an all time low (including the death years of 01-03), back row re-signings should have been a priority. Our back row is horrendous. And now we have more exiting backorders than ones coming in.

Manly player now.
No point crying.
Lament thread that way --->

One of many mistakes the club has made and will continue to make until the right people are put in the right positions.

Disgraceful.

Manly player now.
No point crying.
Lament thread that way --->

One of many mistakes the club has made and will continue to make until the right people are put in the right positions.

Disgraceful.
The question is now who is going to replace him?

The question is now who is going to replace him?
This is a massive issue.

Luciano, Tamou and Kelma are all leaving.

I honestly think we'll see more, in Garner, Mikaele and Offa..

6 players who are usually in our top 17...
We've got Papali'i coming in however that's 1 coming in and 3 definitely leaving and potentially 6 actually leaving.

Unless we're banking on untested youth, we're in a very bad place.
Hope they know what they're doing because I am very worried.

Tuilagi could only play after Round 11 or 16 or something. He was put in when he could and played a few games before doing his shoulder. Was going well.

Where Maguire can not excuse him self is the fact that he sees this guy every day at training, and didn't have him locked up on a good contract for years. The guy hits like a brick and runs hard as anything. Manly sore a few games and noticed it and swooped in? That's on Maguire. In a time where our back row depth is at an all time low (including the death years of 01-03), back row re-signings should have been a priority. Our back row is horrendous. And now we have more exiting backorders than ones coming in.

Here's a situation....
You have the opportunity to play with a heap of rep players - in a top 4 team - in and around the northern beaches of Sydney

OR

A bottom 4 team, no real rep players, inner and outer western Sydney.

Based on those deciding factors alone... He's going 90% of the time!!
Everyone is.

He's not from the WT's, He hasn't been there long enough to form lifelong bonds.
You can't blame the coach and the club for absolutely everything.

Back