Knights Interest In Brooks

Rowdy12

I realize this might not need it’s own thread so mods please merge with another if you feel necessary.

This morning Danny Buderus, the Knights GM, was on the radio saying they think Luke Brooks would be a good replacement for Mitchell Pearce. This is on the back of assistant coach Andrew Johns doing the same a fortnight ago.

Whether you think Luke Brooks needs to be moved on is against the point. No club in the NRL can legally talk to Brooks until November 1st 2022. The Knights have publicly being declaring their interest for a month now which blatantly goes against the NRLs anti tampering rules.

Does anybody genuinely think a clubs GM would come out and say they want Luke Keary at their club when he still had 2 years on his contract? We are still seen as push overs by other clubs, no one respects us and know we can be bullied into submission.

Pascoe needs to come out on the front foot, publicly blast the Knights and demand the NRL do something about this. Make no mistake this is a big test for the club, if we are seen to be walked over again there is no coming back. Clubs, managers and players will continue to see us as weak and never take us seriously. I know the club reads this forum. Get off your screens and do something about it, fans are sick of being the joke of the league.

They're hoping Brooks is the one who initiates the talks. Their infatuation with Brooks is beyond belief.

Publicly saying it so he comes to them for a chat. If the Tigers were completely against the move I’d say they would have told them to jog on behind closed doors and we’d hear nothing more about it. This has been going on way too long for there not to be a little interest from all parties.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506305) said:
If the Tigers were completely against the move I’d say they would have told them to jog

I think you are greatly over estimating our club

Publicly saying it so he comes to them for a chat. If the Tigers were completely against the move I’d say they would have told them to jog on behind closed doors and we’d hear nothing more about it. This has been going on way too long for there not to be a little interest from all parties.

Newcastle is desperate for a halfback but they are not getting Brooks no matter what Johns or Weasel say or write about it.

Do you think any club takes any notice of the NRL when it comes to talking to contracted players. I guess some are more discreet than the Knights, but player management and clubs are plotting moves all the time.

I will be surprised if Brooks is at the club come round one. Just to much chatter from to many people about the subject. Once again the club needs to get something out of this for a change. I guess our lack of a goal kicker for the first half of the season may stop the Tigers doing adeal

Didn't Clifford play half for the Cowboys when they started winning some games before going to the Knights? Payten moved him on and they went backwards with Deardon.

Our club has the high ground here. You’d think they’d use it.

@newtown said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506307) said:

Newcastle is desperate for a halfback but they are not getting Brooks no matter what Johns or Weasel say or write about it.

This has been going on for a couple of months now. If he was a hard no they would have got the message by now.

@supercoach said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506310) said:
Do you think any club takes any notice of the NRL when it comes to talking to contracted players. I guess some are more discreet than the Knights, but player management and clubs are plotting moves all the time.

I will be surprised if Brooks is at the club come round one. Just to much chatter from to many people about the subject. Once again the club needs to get something out of this for a change. I guess our lack of a goal kicker for the first half of the season may stop the Tigers doing adeal

I think if AD wasn't out the conversation would be different. I'm no Brooks fan but it would be stupid for the club to let him go and run with Madden for 6 months with no depth.

If there was no smoke to this fire, brooks or sheens or Madge or someone would’ve come out publicly and more recently. Every article over the last 2 weeks has just been quoting “tigers officials”

Hopefully we stick to our guns but say nothing more.Eventually reality will dawn on the knights (the later the better) and the panic will set in derailing season 2022 for them

@gnr4life said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506312) said:
Our club has the high ground here. You’d think they’d use it.

Worked out well in the past, not.

Ok you twisted my arm I’ll trade the mighty luke brooks for your measly ponga

Players Managers drive this, make no mistake. There is no rule that says a players manager cant talk to clubs at any time about anything they like. And they do, make no mistake. So do uncles, aunties, friends of friends etc etc.

WT, as usual, wont win in this discussions. People blasting them about not saying anything. I'm sure I read a pretty clear press release a few weeks back, and it was reiterated again recently. It makes no difference what they do because people out there, and on this forum have their agendas and they are blind to what goes on if it doesn't suit their storyline or argument.

As for Brooks, I'm certain his high quality, integrity covered manager has his fingerprints all over this.

@viking-warrior said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506353) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506346) said:
Why aren't the Knights chasing Hastings?

Lol he has just signed with us that's why

That may be one reason, I guess.

@supercoach said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506310) said:

Agree the chatter is out there so this could be on , there definitely is a group of players that want nothing to do with Maguire .. the club has made its bed how Maguire is still the coach is beyond me !

We need a win from this. Not just for on the field, but off it as well. Whether that is us standing our ground and the Knights getting a tampering fine or us getting a player or two in return. We shouldn't be paying a cent of his contract either or I see zero point in his release. Players from the Knights I'd consider, assuming that they won't let Ponga go: Best, Frizzell, Klemmer or Fitzgibbon + another. Needs to be in the ballpark of contract value (compared to Brooks), with both parties taking the full hit.

Staff online

Back