KOE NSW Cup Team List: Round 3 v Raiders

We have been beat by Mounties, Newcastle and Canberra all are hopeless in second grade, next st George who have been pumped in 3 games this year, if we lose next week, this could be the worst ever second grade side assembled, it’s actually feasible to think if Newtown play there best side against us in round 5, we could lose by upwards of 70 points. Atm if your a young fella on the way up, I hate to say it, stay clear of this joint something stinks.
What a load of crap. You really don't know what you're talking about.

We have the biggest injury crisis in the NRL, with the weakest NRL roster in the first place. So our NSW cup is missing 7-8 players, and is the youngest squad in the comp.

We've been top 2 in NSW cup for the past few years, putting up big wins in the prices, and what good has that done us? Only one player has been promoted, Tuilagi. Results in NSW cup count for nothing. We get a few players back and suddenly go on run. The whole point of reserve grade is to develop players for the NRL. We've done well with nobodies that won't play first grade, but it's better to develop youngsters against men in NSW than pick older, experienced plodders just to win.

And you do realise that Mounties, Canberra are traditionally power houses in lower grades, along with us and Penrith.

Dillon played Ron Massey cup today for Ryde Eastwood Hawks
I would say this has more to do with wanting others to get experience at the back in case it's needed.

Dillon isn't eligible for first grade yet, unless a few more players go down, so if we need a replacement for Laurie then we need to give our current NRL possibilities a chance to show what they can do.

Doubt there's any more to it than that.

That’s your opinion Balmain boy, and your entitled to it. I disagree and think we are in for a few more tough years until we really sought out what we are doing off the park. I’m not concerned about the supposed first grade players that are injured, it’s what’s happening off the park and the people involved I think that are the big concern.

I would say this has more to do with wanting others to get experience at the back in case it's needed.

Dillon isn't eligible for first grade yet, unless a few more players go down, so if we need a replacement for Laurie then we need to give our current NRL possibilities a chance to show what they can do.

Looking at the highlights, Ogden ending up playing fullback and he isn't eligible to play either. Hate to say it because I really think Dillon could be something special, but it seems he was made accountable for his performances and dropped. I wonder if the NRL side will make Laurie accountable too.

Um sure that logic works if the backline players replacing him are nrl squad memebers…

You don’t demote a player to RMC if we have high hopes for them. Especially when our grades are struggling.

With our injuries we could seek roster approval for x games to include someone outside the 30 to cover until y players return.

Playing RMC is a demotion.

Dillon played Ron Massey cup today for Ryde Eastwood Hawks
I looked at dillons stats against the knights obviously someone don’t like him the kid run the most metres against Newcastle out of the backs third most metres out of the fullbacks all newcastles forwards run over 150 metre no forwards were dropped dillon was the only one dropped some one at the club doesn’t like him

Unfortunately yes. Ordinary under the high ball, can't pass, out of position in defence and lacks the ability to organise the defensive line. Has speed and was a winger at the dogs and if any good would've been in Reggies way before finishing in U/21s last year, good players get promoted before finishing age footy.
I know you don't like it but that's my opinion and he's not up to NRL level. Surely there's somebody else in the system.
I think he is the only player we disagree on 🤷‍♂️
So are most of our first grade side not up to NRL Standard. In fact some some of them are well below that standard.

Looking at the highlights, Ogden ending up playing fullback and he isn't eligible to play either. Hate to say it because I really think Dillon could be something special, but it seems he was made accountable for his performances and dropped. I wonder if the NRL side will make Laurie accountable too.
Dillon needs to show that he’s NRL standard fullback.
And to date, from what I’ve seen … he not!
So until Dillon or any other WT NRL eligible player shows they are ready to replace Laurie …. he stays.
Coaching staff have very little to play with this year.

Um sure that logic works if the backline players replacing him are nrl squad memebers…

You don’t demote a player to RMC if we have high hopes for them. Especially when our grades are struggling.

With our injuries we could seek roster approval for x games to include someone outside the 30 to cover until y players return.

Playing RMC is a demotion.
Currently if that was even allowed ….. We just don’t have anyone good enough in our lower grades …. including Dillon.
….. and for us fans any debuting player is just 1-2 bad games away from being nailed to the cross by the mob.
Lanbkin is a good coach with loads of experience so I trust his judgement. No hidden agendas here.

Currently if that was even allowed ….. We just don’t have anyone good enough in our lower grades …. including Dillon.
….. and for us fans any debuting player is just 1-2 bad games away from being nailed to the cross by the mob.
Lanbkin is a good coach with loads of experience so I trust his judgement. No hidden agendas here.

Agree was more pointing out if Laurie was going to be dropped and Dillon promoted the club could work around an exemption if needed but reality is that won't happen because he isn't ready/good enough than what we already have. Club would prefer to punt on Laurie and hope the mistakes stop over putting some rookie kid in who isn't a standout and is struggling in reggies into NRL.

One big correction Mr Mac dropped dillon not lambkin.

One big correction Mr Mac dropped dillon not lambkin.
I think big Mac pushed him out of the dogs when he was there because he didn't rate him. So if he doesn't like you he'll block your chances. Recruitment managers have a big say in selections for the lower grades and what positions they play

Latest posts

Back