Koroisau to captain Wests Tigers

Jedi, the captain does little in the game, take a kick or not? Argue with the ref call. Many can do this, but the main job is to inspire his team, and to kick arse when needed, you don't have to play 80 minutes. Wingers play 80 minutes, but are to remote from the play to influence the game. Klem or Joff could hold the fort i imagine.
both would need to be on the field in that sense they probably go with a leadership group or AD/Brooks if Api is off the field

I don't wanna be relying on Jake Simpkin 🥺

Good point but I think it'll be too much for Api to play 80 minutes each game over the course of the season.

We need Simpkin or Rua for at least 20 minutes a game. That doesn't sound great does it.

Good point but I think it'll be too much for Api to play 80 minutes each game over the course of the season.

We need Simpkin or Rua for at least 20 minutes a game. That doesn't sound great does it.
Yeh, I’d play Api off the bench, give him the back 60.

If Api plays 80 mins you can have Joffa and Twal on the bench to go into rotation with klemmer and Stef that makes a good rotation.
Still leaves 2 spots one for a utility type of player.
It is Sheens you never know he could run with Staines

If Api plays 80 mins you can have Joffa and Twal on the bench to go into rotation with klemmer and Stef that makes a good rotation.
Still leaves 2 spots one for a utility type of player.
It is Sheens you never know he could run with Staines
Depending on future performance, but i think Stains will be on the wing, Laurie at fullback. If one of the halves goes down, Laurie to half and Stains to fullback. Maybe Tupou, or Reilley on bench to cover the backline. Just a guess.

Good call re Api as captain
Strange no vice captain or dual captain Where does that leave:
Brooks - No certainty past 2024 unless linked with Moses. Very quiet personality to be named captain
Douihie - No certainty to be here beyond 2024 in the halves. Came out and said wants captaincy and overlooked
Joffa - Maybe not a starter in 2023 hence not a captain, perhaps a bench forward

Looks like Api plays 80 minutes in 2023 ?
Doubt he’ll play 80 given how effective the Penrith plan was last year.
Can still be captain without playing 80 mins, I’m sure vice captain (s) to be named shortly.
As I said earlier Douhei being made to work for what he wants, Joffa bench and Moses 24, if at all. Brooks never a chance.

He swore that he was going to repeat Penrith’s feats with us.

If he fails it is all on him.

& Brooks

&Sheens

Nah think you're referring to Joffa.
He's been dealing with a calf complaint through preseason
To'a has also been on restricted duties through preseason.
I’m pretty sure I’m talking about Api , check the team list today at 4

No it doesn’t. Api has never been an 80 minute hooker always been the downfall for him but he is still a good player and hooker. Simpkin most likely gets the spot for now to cover him but he really isn’t that great. Don’t see him at the club after his contract is up after next year he’s ok but not great. Will never be a big hooker in the game.

Personally would have liked Joffa to get the nod, always seemed like he was leading the pack every game and undoubtedly had his best season to date. Also seems he genuinely loves putting the jersey on, wore it with respect compared to some other players on the team. But Api is a good choice. 4 grand finals, 3 wins and rep experience, hard to argue with that tho.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back