Lachlan Galvin #277

No disrespect to the kid, he is either a freak with fitness or the rest of the team are unfit….he shouldn’t be gassed on Saturday ala Liddell…. we shall see…..
the world record for the 1.2km Bronco time trial is set by Irish Rugby fullback Hugo Keenan who did it in 4:11. Tom Gilbert did it in 4:12, which is incredible for a forward.

Lachlan Galvin did it in 4:15. that should give you an idea of how fit this kid is.

I think what is currently getting overlooked about Galvin is his ability to play second row as well as the halves. He would make an excellent 14 if the club decided to pursue Latu and Luai in 2025.
He is an extremely big 7. He is 190cm and 85kg. Cleary on the other hand is 182cm and 92kg.
If Galvin put on some size he could come off the bench and play 6 or 7, second row, centre and possibly 9.
I like Galvin and his future prospects. But his future may not be starting

I think what is currently getting overlooked about Galvin is his ability to play second row as well as the halves. He would make an excellent 14 if the club decided to pursue Latu and Luai in 2025.
He is an extremely big 7. He is 190cm and 85kg. Cleary on the other hand is 182cm and 92kg.
If Galvin put on some size he could come off the bench and play 6 or 7, second row, centre and possibly 9.
I like Galvin and his future prospects. But his future may not be starting
Agree, I reckon 13 would be perfect. I really hope that the Latu/Luai combo is what we will have in 2025.

the world record for the 1.2km Bronco time trial is set by Irish Rugby fullback Hugo Keenan who did it in 4:11. Tom Gilbert did it in 4:12, which is incredible for a forward.

Lachlan Galvin did it in 4:15. that should give you an idea of how fit this kid is.
Surely that can't be right....

I’m very excited to see Galvin play.
His extreme fitness levels will no doubt assist with his effort plays, an area we generally struggle in.
That coupled with his class, confidence and whole hearted approach is obviously the reason Benji has so much trust in him.
We all should know not to expect miracles straight away from a young 18 year old playing 5/8 in a team trying to build confidence, but if he can just do a couple of good things each game he will only build and gain more confidence from there.

His extreme fitness levels will no doubt assist with his effort plays, an area we generally struggle in.
That coupled with his class, confidence and whole hearted approach is obviously the reason Benji has so much trust in him.
We all should know not to expect miracles straight away from a young 18 year old playing 5/8 in a team trying to build confidence, but if he can just do a couple of good things each game he will only build and gain more confidence from there.

I agree he just needs to do the simple and subtle things well. Tackle well, kick well, straighten the attack. He he ticks those 3 boxes then it's onwards and upwards.

Just a couple of Benji show and goes, cutout and flick passes, and setting up 3 or 4 tries. That should be enough.
But he can actually tackle!

If true why was he in the opposing team in training?

2 sets of halves in opposed drills, he fills in sometimes
With Latu out of commission & Doueihi unable to
jump in either, I don't see the big deal. More media shit

Was widely reported as such. But the forum needs to move past the "for a forward" when discussing fitness tests. Nowadays most forwards are fitter than most backs and need to be to get through the defensive workload.
100%.
It smacks of never having played the game before….
Forwards are naturally fitter as they have busted their arses doing far more work than backs FOR THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS.

I dont know Tucker. I think the backs are fitter. But what do I know. Thats why they burn out quicker. But also. You are onto something. Backs run faster and a prone to injuries especially when running in wide open spaces or being hit by a forward.

100%.
It smacks of never having played the game before….
Forwards are naturally fitter as they have busted their arses doing far more work than backs FOR THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS.
Especially on the edges . You’re required to supplement the middle because, do dirty hitups , run a shitload of decoys , basically every attacking set and hit your targets in both attack and defence , as well as provide strike when you do have the ball . And if you’re an elite defender as well ? Guess what you now have to supplement your half as well . All while being extremely vocal and relating the halves messages throughout the backline . It’s a full on position

A lot of hype for this kid. Kinda worries me..

Lots of articles here and there. Kinda wish Benji had made a late change to spare him from the hype.

Agree....
Would have been one of the first things Sheensy taught him you'd have thought...

Hype these days is out of control with Click Bate, Social Media and the like....
Seems like a hard working good level headed kid.... A lot to like about him.

Give em hell Lach.

Back