Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WT2K said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076428) said:
@gallagher said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076423) said:
@Moh said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076421) said:
Walker definitely ain't worth that.

Can only see Latrell at Souths. Funny everyone's dropping out after that horror showing against Tonga.

It would be a good time to strike. We'll need to pay overs to get a bloke like that here so I'd go hard for him. He'd be drawcard.

You talking about Walker or Mitchell?

Mitchell. Wouldn't offer Walker anything

@sheer64 said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076441) said:
@supercoach said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076440) said:
Chooks just painting a picture. He will re sign for a lot less than the original offer and the rest will come in paper bags. Probably the only way they can get Manau under the cap.

Don’t trust the Chooks for one minute

Yes just a con job by the Rorters to make it look like they are cap compliant. JWH will be next.

Definitely not...

He is most definitely leaving, he was always going to go

Not rubbish either, I don’t post much scoops..this is true

@tiga4eva

I know Dogs are talking big money for him..

Panthers were in the race but I don't know if they still are

EDIT - He hasn't signed anywhere yet... people suggesting thats why Roosters pulled their offer is wrong..

@Milky We should really be offering $800k even $850 for him. $900k if that's what it takes.

Think me crazy? We just had Matulino on $800k, and Packer is still on about that.

I know it's rocks or diamonds with Mitchell, but worth the risk. A line from Braveheart comes to mind... "Do you know what happens if we don't at least try?.... Nothing"

@TigerTiger I agree, we should definitely be looking at him. Every club needs a Marquee man, and I think he would slot nicely at fullback..

We really need to get rid of either Reynolds or Mbye to accomodate him though

Well to put into perspective Mbye is probably on close to the same amount as Latrell is asking. Good time for us to have cap space

@Muffstar said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076403) said:
@WT2K said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076401) said:
The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.
https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/11/05/club-statement-regarding-latrell-mitchell/

Try NFL, don't come here.

Nba be different

@Kazoo-Kid
I’m not sure about that.
I’d pay him his going rate to play good for us rarely and poor for us occasionally.
You know the old saying if you can’t beat them join em. Least that way his not beating if his not in the opposing team!
Lol just think of his best games. They were all against us.
Actually that isn’t a bad strategy. Recruit the players that always rip us a new one when we play them.
It’s one way to level the competition!

I'm guessing he doesn't want a paycut and roosters are offering 600k. He says no out of principle. Everyone else seems to be spooked. Offer him 800k over 3 years. God knows we've made worse deals than that

Everyone here is kidding themselves if they dont want Mitchell on 800-900K pa, We have Reynolds, Mbye & Packer all on that. With Mitchell in our team last year we make the 8, End of story, Probably just on goal kicking

Article on fox that we are after Latrell and Tetevano..obviate a beat up but would be awesome

@Glenn5150 said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076457) said:
Everyone here is kidding themselves if they dont want Mitchell on 800-900K pa, We have Reynolds, Mbye & Packer all on that. With Mitchell in our team last year we make the 8, End of story, Probably just on goal kicking

He’s walking away from 800k at the Roosters and you think he will take the same from the Tigers.
Someone is going to pay him 7 figures and if it’s us we are mad. Don’t agree with your call on past contracts. You don’t make the same mistakes again even if it’s not as bad as past contracts.
He is a weapon but you can’t pay that money on a long contract for a player that shows up whenever.

He will be at Souths Sydney. It will drag on a bit until they have Burgess signed off.

**HOOPER WARNING**

**Latrell Mitchell a Tiger? Surprise suitor emerges to possibly end Sydney Roosters stand-off**

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-latrell-mitchell-contract-news-roosters-withdraw-offer-wests-tigers-emerges-as-a-surprise-suitor/news-story/8d0e4517cbbd77d2d44f16792a8a29a9

*November 5, 2019 10:50pm
James Hooper*

The Wests Tigers have emerged as a surprise suitor for out-of-favour Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell.

Cashed up with a $1.7 million war chest following the medical retirement of Ben Matulino and the release of Ryan Matterson, the Tigers are positioning to have a crack at the Kangaroos centre.

While the Bulldogs have been discussing making a play at Mitchell for six months, the Tigers have emerged as a left-field contender.

With money available for 2020, the Tigers could make Mitchell a $3.3 million plus offer over three seasons.

The Tigers are expected to want Mitchell to play fullback given the money he would command.

Despite having next year to run on his contract, Mitchell has alienated himself with Roosters power brokers.

The Tigers have a direct connection with Mitchell, with the club’s general manager of football Adam Hartigan having previously worked for the back-to-back premiers.

Mitchell now has a massive decision to make after the Roosters pulled a two-year, $1.6 million offer for 2021 and 2022 off the table.

The Tigers are also expected to make a play for Roosters Kiwi international Zane Tetevano, who is currently off contract.

Tetevano and Mitchell are managed by the same agent, Wayde Rushton.

@Tweed_Tiger said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076462) said:
**HOOPER WARNING**

**Latrell Mitchell a Tiger? Surprise suitor emerges to possibly end Sydney Roosters stand-off**

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-latrell-mitchell-contract-news-roosters-withdraw-offer-wests-tigers-emerges-as-a-surprise-suitor/news-story/8d0e4517cbbd77d2d44f16792a8a29a9

James Hooper*

The Wests Tigers have emerged as a surprise suitor for out-of-favour Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell.

Cashed up with a $1.7 million war chest following the medical retirement of Ben Matulino and the release of Ryan Matterson, the Tigers are positioning to have a crack at the Kangaroos centre.

While the Bulldogs have been discussing making a play at Mitchell for six months, the Tigers have emerged as a left-field contender.

With money available for 2020, the Tigers could make Mitchell a $3.3 million plus offer over three seasons.

The Tigers are expected to want Mitchell to play fullback given the money he would command.

Despite having next year to run on his contract, Mitchell has alienated himself with Roosters power brokers.

The Tigers have a direct connection with Mitchell, with the club’s general manager of football Adam Hartigan having previously worked for the back-to-back premiers.

Mitchell now has a massive decision to make after the Roosters pulled a two-year, $1.6 million offer for 2021 and 2022 off the table.

The Tigers are also expected to make a play for Roosters Kiwi international Zane Tetevano, who is currently off contract.

Holy Hell......:white_frowning_face:

@Tweed_Tiger said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076462) said:
**HOOPER WARNING**

James Hooper*

Was wondering how long it would take the NRL media to throw our name in the "mix". Didn't take long 😂

@balmain-boy said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076456) said:
I'm guessing he doesn't want a paycut and roosters are offering 600k. He says no out of principle. Everyone else seems to be spooked. Offer him 800k over 3 years. God knows we've made worse deals than that

I wouldn't offer him 1.1M like Pooper stated in his article, but would be worth a shot at him for $800K a season.

Of course the evidence is we have a crap ton of money to use and he’s had connections with someone in the club. Who woulda thought! Rubbish article. Get a life hooper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back