Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WT2K said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076779) said:
Only clubs not to be linked are - warriors, Raiders, Manly, storm, broncos, titans, Sharks and dragons.

Give it another day and all teams will be linked 😂😂

Then give it another 5 and half of them will pull out

@TheDaBoss said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076783) said:
Only clubs not to be linked are - warriors, Raiders, Manly, storm, broncos, titans, Sharks and dragons.

Give it another day and all teams will be linked ??

Daily Telegraph have put it together now ?

THE CHASE FOR LATRELL

SYDNEY ROOSTERS: Unwanted

NORTH QUEENSLAND: Keen

CANTERBURY: Maybe

NEWCASTLE: Maybe

SOUTH SYDNEY: No interest

WESTS TIGERS: No interest

PENRITH: No interest

PARRAMATTA: No interest

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA: No interest

MANLY: No interest

WARRIORS: No interest

CRONULLA: No interest

@WT2K said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076784) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076783) said:

Give it another day and all teams will be linked ??

Daily Telegraph have put it together now ?

THE CHASE FOR LATRELL

SYDNEY ROOSTERS: Unwanted

NORTH QUEENSLAND: Keen

CANTERBURY: Maybe

NEWCASTLE: Maybe

SOUTH SYDNEY: No interest

WESTS TIGERS: No interest

PENRITH: No interest

PARRAMATTA: No interest

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA: No interest

MANLY: No interest

WARRIORS: No interest

CRONULLA: No interest

Dontcha love the offseason...the SMH are reporting the WT are tabling a $3.3m offer to Mitchell....Trash I hope we stay away from this Guy...big head and only plays when he feels like it

Thanks :+1: @Furious1 I did forget Bank West, maybe it was a Freudian slip? whatever that really means? :santa: :fa-smile-o: :mother_christmas:

Said yonks ago this bloke was trouble and latest reports on his attitude and advisors only confirms it. Steer clear of him. Roosters dont take nonsense from anyone- good to see a club take decisive action when a player gets too big a head and value on themselves. Could only hope the rest of the clubs do same- fair value, fair offer, but we know that will never apply.

Interesting that Roosters are seen as strong and decisive in regards to Mitchell, not entirely sure WT were seen in the same light when they withdrew offers to some of the 3 superstars when they were playing us in their contract negotiations.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076788) said:
As if Wests aren't interested. We need a good fullback and centre. He will do both well.

Don't think any of the nrl media have a clue on what's actually happening. Same goes for all other player movements

I'm coming around to the idea of LM at WT. Still don't see it happening though. If he did come, I reckon being around Benji would be a great experience for him. Benji went through heavy scrutiny at various times during his career. He would have a lot to teach Latrell.

In my opinion Latrell won't want to play fullback once he sees the expected workload .....his biggest advantage is that he can play 10-15 minutes a game and win a game that way ....much like Inglis at SOO level was

He is a $850 k a season player (salary cap wise ) in my opinion

@Kazoo-Kid said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076791) said:
I'm coming around to the idea of LM at WT. Still don't see it happening though. If he did come, I reckon being around Benji would be a great experience for him. Benji went through heavy scrutiny at various times during his career. He would have a lot to teach Latrell.

To be taught - you have to listen.

Don't see LM as a listener myself.

Go for AJ I say, better value.

@Russell said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076818) said:
@Kazoo-Kid said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076791) said:

Also when you consider the fact that Mitchell listens to Mundine you would have to think he would be getting poor advice.Stay well clear imo especially at the price

@WT2K said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076772) said:
Latrell Mitchell's family friend Anthony Mundine has urged the out-of-favour Sydney Roosters star to "get as much money as he can" as the race for the representative centre's signature heats up.

Mitchell has quickly become the NRL's hottest free agent after Sydney Roosters sensationally pulled their two-year $1.6 million contract offer, with Wests Tigers emerging on Wednesday as a potential suitor along with Canterbury.

The Bulldogs have been linked to Mitchell for months and there was a further development on Wednesday, with the player telling a Canterbury board member that he wants to play fullback.

Roosters sources have told the Herald the club's powerbrokers felt they had been disrespected by Mitchell, who is off contract at the end of next season, when he decided to test his market value with other clubs and left their offer hanging.

The Roosters are also concerned about the number of people in Mitchell's ear.

Club officials believe there are as many as three player agents - Wayde Rushton, Mario Tartak and Matt Rose - offering the 22-year-old advice, as well as Mundine.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson subsequently met with Mitchell on Tuesday to tell him the offer was no longer on the table.

Roosters officials would not say whether they will head back to the negotiation table if Mitchell remained at the club in 2020 but they are quietly confident he will struggle to net offers which will blow their rescinded deal out of the water.

The public breakdown between the glamour club and one of their biggest stars comes as Mundine - who insists he is not a direct advisor of Mitchell's - told the Herald the star centre needs to look after himself and his family by "getting as much money as he can".

"He has to do what's best for him and his family, man," Mundine said.

"He has a kid and another one on the way. He has to do what's best for them and that's to get as much money as he can."

Mundine, who has known Mitchell's father Matt since he crashed on Mundine's cousin's couch during his playing days in Sydney, also questioned the Roosters' loyalty to the NSW State Origin and Kangaroos player.

"They talk about loyalty but they ain't loyal," Mundine said. "If they were, they wouldn't be saying 'we don't want you'.

"You have to look after number one. He should do whatever he wants to do."

If Mitchell is to take Mundine's advice, the Tigers have emerged as the club who may be able to offer the 22-year-old the most immediate cash.

The Tigers were on Wednesday yet to meet with Mitchell or a representative for the centre but according to a club source they are open to the prospect given they now have more than $1.5 million in cap space with Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino off their books.

The joint venture would be able to afford Mitchell immediately, unlike almost every other Sydney-based suitor, and that could also work in their favour as the Roosters are now prepared to release Mitchell from the final year of his current contract should he find a new football home.

The Tigers are expected to enter the race for his signature soon but who else can actually afford to pay Mitchell his seven-figure asking price remains to be seen.

Mitchell's desire to play fullback could be a complication for the Bulldogs as they have both Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Nick Meaney on their books already. The club does not have the cap space to accommodate the Taree product in 2020 and neither club chief executive Andrew Hill nor coach Dean Pay have sat down with Mitchell or his management.

Elsewhere, a Souths source told the Herald they are not going to enter the race for Mitchell.

Penrith chief Brian Fletcher said on Wednesday his club had "no interest" in pursuing him.

Newcastle do not have any wiggle room in their cap for 2020 and little more in 2021, though new coach Adam O'Brien did issue a "never say never" response to questions about Mitchell on Wednesday.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mundine-advises-mitchell-to-get-as-much-money-as-he-can-as-tigers-bulldogs-circle-20191106-p5381i.html

Surprised he didn't play the race card. Bet he was tempted.

@jadtiger said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076820) said:
@Russell said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076818) said:

Also when you consider the fact that Mitchell listens to Mundine you would have to think he would be getting poor advice.Stay well clear imo especially at the price

And if you can't thrive and show interest week to week at a club like the rorters boy you are going to find it hard elsewhere

People expect his brilliance for 80 mins but that's never gonna happen. Meninga, Renouf etc were the same and it's not like he's terrible the rest of the game.
He absolutely craps over AJ and deserves double his money.

Attitude is his problem... if you can coach him out of his bad attitude then it will be awesome... he has all the skills no doubt but his attitude kills it.

Rep player, game winner, kicks goals... Sure he can be inconsistent but very few players are consistently great. We're not going to make and win finals with bargain basement cheapies

@Yossarian said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076832) said:
Rep player, game winner, kicks goals... Sure he can be inconsistent but very few players are consistently great. We're not going to make and win finals with bargain basement cheapies

Do you think we're in with a chance of getting him?

@4jtigers said in [Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer](/post/1076831) said:
Attitude is his problem... if you can coach him out of his bad attitude then it will be awesome... he has all the skills no doubt but his attitude kills it.

Does it? He just won back to back premierships.

@gallagher right, we will offer $3mill for 3 seasons. Madge will make him the greatest FB ever.
I put my faith in Madge, whatever he decides.

Maguire: Latrell on signings radar but Wests Tigers won't be rushed
Author
Corey Rosser
NRL.com reporter
Timestamp
Thu 7 Nov 2019, 09:50 AM

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire said the club will explore the situation surrounding premiership-winning Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell but insisted he hasn't had any conversations about it so far.

The Roosters this week withdrew their offer to extend Mitchell's contract beyond the end of 2020, while it is understood the Tricolours would also consider releasing the Kangaroos star immediately under the right circumstances.

Speaking from Kiwis camp, where he is preparing for Saturday's second Test against Great Britain in Christchurch, Maguire said he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't keep an open mind when it came to off-contract players.

"You look at every player, that's my job to make sure that you look at potentials and what could be in your team, so in time we will work through those sorts of things," Maguire said.

"As a coach it's my duty and [as] an organisation we have got to look at whatever is available at that moment in time, and also too can it actually fit in your [salary] cap?"

The Tigers are believed to have more than $1.5 million freed up in their cap next year from Ben Matulino's medical retirement and Ryan Matterson's release.

NRL.com understands Roosters prop Zane Tetevano is one potential front-row target, while Gold Coast pair Jai Arrow and AJ Brimson are also thought to be on their radar.

Maguire said working out the club's salary cap situation was his top priority.

"It's obviously known we have got a few things in our cap that we need to tidy up. That's the first thing that we need to address," Maguire said.

"It's probably not as fluid as you think it is. There are a few things that we need to sort out prior to when we get to the next step of going to various players.

"We have got to make sure we get that sorted first, because if we don't you can fall into some dangerous places again.

"I'm here to make sure we get stability around cap, so then we can actually aspire to get to the highest level."

The Tigers released Kiwi international centre Esan Marsters last month and have also lost experienced utility back Mahe Fonua to Hull FC for 2020.

But Maguire said while there was now a gap at centre, he was confident the players he already has at the club were capable of stepping up.

"I have got a few there who can fill that space at the moment, I won't sort of put [pressure] on those young kids coming through, but I am really pleased with some of the younger guys we have got coming through."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back