Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086959) said:
Raffa?
Nice bloke and passionate fan but not one to know anything about inside sources. I wonder what name he posts on here under?
[/QUOTE]

@formerguest said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086977) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086959) said:
Raffa?
Nice bloke and passionate fan but not one to know anything about inside sources. I wonder what name he posts on here under?

Are you joking?

@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086978) said:
@formerguest said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086977) said:
Raffa?

@TIGER said:
Are you joking?

Yeah, that's why the smiley.

@Newtown said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086966) said:
I would just like to know how true this latest rumour is. After all rumours are just rumours.

If we've learnt anything it is never to trust social media rumours. There is nothing done until it's official.

There is zero chance of him going to Toronto. SBW already has their salary cap exempt marquee slot. And the SL salary cap is about half the NRL's. And they've already signed and re-signed a bunch of players in addition to SBW.

If Mitchell wants to kill his career stone dead, a move to the Toronto Wolfpack or, for that matter, Gold Coast, would be a great way to do it.

@Newtown said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086975) said:
TIGERS CALL LATRELL MITCHELL’S BLUFF
It was on. Then it was off. But now it seems Wests Tigers remain in the game for Latrell Mitchell after the Leichhardt club admitted they are waiting for a call from the want-away Rooster (Daily Telegraph today.

The Leichhardt club?????

@2005magic said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086990) said:
It was on. Then it was off. But now it seems Wests Tigers remain in the game for Latrell Mitchell after the Leichhardt club admitted they are waiting for a call from the want-away Rooster (Daily Telegraph today.

The Leichhardt club?????

At least they didn't say the Bankwest club...

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086950) said:
I don't believe the issue has ever been his commitment to WTs. I hope he decides to come.

Well our coach and CEO do

@Curaeus said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086849) said:
Having had many years involvement in major contract negotiations, this is a perfectly reasonable position to take. If they don’t call, so be it.

This sounds like a line in an old Country and Western song - it could apply to LM:

"If the phone don't ring, you'll know it's me."

Boy that’s really really stupid thing to say ..... if indeed anyone in our club hierarchy actually said it!

@momo_amp_medo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087007) said:

Boy that’s really really stupid thing to say ..... if indeed anyone in our club hierarchy actually said it!

No one from the club said this.

Its just absolute trash from an over weight over blown Daily Telegraph journalist.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086963) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086948) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086928) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086909) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086870) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086857) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086847) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086843) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086820) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086800) said:
@willow said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086681) said:
@Tigerstar said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1086667) said:
Sounds to me as we have publicly removed our offer so we can work on this behind the scenes with out any pressure fingers crossed anyways

The POM explained why. Mitchell himself isn't the issue, it's his manager who happens to be the roadblock.

So are you saying that Mitchell really really really wants to play for us but his manager is preventing that happening?

If Mitchell wanted to be a Tiger he would have signed, it's that simple.

Seriously, not again

You don't have to involve yourself if you don't like it, i wasn't replying to you, you seem to just like complaining.
Go do the dishes or something.

Wow, that's ironic.

Oh so you understand irony, I'm surprised because you don't seem to understand much else

Good, now that's out of your system, can you tell us where Latrell does want to go, because I'm struggling. He's had a couple clubs interested and has not committed to any of them. The Cows asked him what most appeals about Townsville and he said fishing and shooting. The guys mind is clearly not on the game atm. The more I think of it, you're probably right, he probably doesn't wanna play for us. It sounds like he doesn't wanna play for anyone atm.

I have no idea, he doesn't seem to know what he wants so how could I possibly know.

My guess is he'll end up at Souths somehow, sometime but it's just a guess on a hunch.

So you concede he doesn't know what he wants, but mockingly repeat how he doesn't want to play for us, as if that's a reflection on us.

Never said I knew what he wants.

The fact he seems to have no other option plus
We offered him the money he wants
We offered him his prefered position in his prefered location and he still didn't sign.

All that to me seems pretty clear he doesn't want to play for us.

The club has concerns about his commitment to us, so imo they're crazy to leave the door ajar for him.
Like I said before (and you might not agree and that's ok) to me we're the partner ending the relationship but leaving the back door open.

If we have serious enough concerns about his commitment that we pulled his contract, do we want him here on the coin we offered him?

You said he doesn't seem to know what he wants. Probably true. But you're using that as an indictment on us that '' he doesn't want to play for us''. As if there's something is wrong with us. You deny you used those words, but that attitude is dripping off your posts. You think the club are losers because they couldn't basically kick a goal with a wide open net, with no goalie. You're gloating, almost giddy about it. Then you acknowledge that he doesn't know what he wants, meaning he could have turned us down for a lot of different reasons, pretty much contradicting yourself.

I'll say it again, I never said I "know" what he "wants" to do.
It's my opinion that his actions demonstrate that he "doesn't" want to play for us.

If I say someone "doesn't" want to do something.
it doesn't mean I'm claiming i "do" know what they want to do.

I have no idea as to reasons why he doesn't want to play for us, never claimed to know.

E.g
If I say I "don't believe" Pixies exist
It's not the same as saying
I "believe" that pixies don't exist.

Understand the difference before you say I said something I didn't, it's neuanced but significant.

@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087010) said:
Sounds to me as we have publicly removed our offer so we can work on this behind the scenes with out any pressure fingers crossed anyways

The POM explained why. Mitchell himself isn't the issue, it's his manager who happens to be the roadblock.

So are you saying that Mitchell really really really wants to play for us but his manager is preventing that happening?

Seriously, not again

You don't have to involve yourself if you don't like it, i wasn't replying to you, you seem to just like complaining.

Wow, that's ironic.

Oh so you understand irony, I'm surprised because you don't seem to understand much else

Good, now that's out of your system, can you tell us where Latrell does want to go, because I'm struggling. He's had a couple clubs interested and has not committed to any of them. The Cows asked him what most appeals about Townsville and he said fishing and shooting. The guys mind is clearly not on the game atm. The more I think of it, you're probably right, he probably doesn't wanna play for us. It sounds like he doesn't wanna play for anyone atm.

I have no idea, he doesn't seem to know what he wants so how could I possibly know.

My guess is he'll end up at Souths somehow, sometime but it's just a guess on a hunch.

So you concede he doesn't know what he wants, but mockingly repeat how he doesn't want to play for us, as if that's a reflection on us.

We offered him his prefered position in his prefered location and he still didn't sign.

The club has concerns about his commitment to us, so imo they're crazy to leave the door ajar for him.
Like I said before (and you might not agree and that's ok) to me we're the partner ending the relationship but leaving the back door open.

If we have serious enough concerns about his commitment that we pulled his contract, do we want him here on the coin we offered him?

You said he doesn't seem to know what he wants. Probably true. But you're using that as an indictment on us that '' he doesn't want to play for us''. As if there's something is wrong with us. You deny you used those words, but that attitude is dripping off your posts. You think the club are losers because they couldn't basically kick a goal with a wide open net, with no goalie. You're gloating, almost giddy about it. Then you acknowledge that he doesn't know what he wants, meaning he could have turned us down for a lot of different reasons, pretty much contradicting yourself.

It's my opinion that his actions demonstrate that he "doesn't" want to play for us.

I have no idea as to reasons why he doesn't want to play for us, never claimed to know.

E.g

Understand the difference before you say I said something I didn't, it's neuanced but significant.

You don’t have to say it. It’s the way you come across. You were rubbing the club’s face in it. Deny it all you like.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087012) said:

Seriously, not again

Wow, that's ironic.

E.g

You don’t have to say it. It’s the way you come across. You were rubbing the club’s face in it. Deny it all you like.

Yes I'm saying the club are fools for leaving the back door open for a player that has already demonstrated to them that he's not commited to playing for them.
I also think fans are fools for believing that he'd sign with us to begin with.

If you disagree, that's fine, but it's my opinion and this forum is a place to share our opinions is it not?

@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087014) said:

Seriously, not again

Wow, that's ironic.

E.g

Yes I'm saying the club are fools for leaving the back door open for a player that has already demonstrated to them that he's not commited to playing for them.

If you disagree, that's fine, but it's my opinion and **this forum is a place to share our opinions is it not?**

here here!

Seriously, not again

Wow, that's ironic.

E.g

If you disagree, that's fine, but it's my opinion and this forum is a place to share our opinions is it not?

I guess so. Even if you have to smash us over the head with it 20 plus times. Just in case you weren’t clear the first time.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087016) said:

Seriously, not again

Wow, that's ironic.

E.g

I guess so. Even if you have to smash us over the head with it 20 plus times. Just in case you weren’t clear the first time.

I wouldn't have had to if people didn't keep misrepresenting what I ACTUALLY said.
And writing what they THOUGHT I said.

And you also don't have to involve yourself, if you don't like what I say or what anyone else says, you don't have to be here or read it or comment on it.

Either some people's comprehension skills are poor or they read into things what they want to read, not what is actually being said, I'm sure you can also relate to this and understand the frustration.
When someone repeats your words back to you and gets you totally wrong it's only natural to want to set the record straight.

He is testing the market. He hasn't signed with anyone yet. When he does we will find out who he wants to play for. The time frame is not unusual it's just that there is nothing else to talk about.

@Telltails said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087025) said:
He is testing the market. He hasn't signed with anyone yet. When he does we will find out who he wants to play for. The time frame is not unusual it's just that there is nothing else to talk about.

Media is milking it bad

Feel for the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back