Let’s be realistic

We could have sacked a number of people for failing to deliver. This is a much bigger problem than Maguire as is demonstrated by how we continue to perform and recognised by others who were not interested in walking into his shoes.
Madge was the problem, can’t see him coaching in the NRL again.
Widnes or Hull can have him

I don’t know what your problem is , and I don’t care to solve it. Sheens is in charge now, deal with it.
You seem to have no difficulty finding the problems?
Madge is the problem.
Twenty forty is the problem.
What about solutions? Do you see any of those?

That is precisely the stinking thinking which keeps us in this mess. As long as we can pin the whole sorry tale on one person, then getting rid of him suddenly makes the world a better place.
Loyalty no longer exists in footy or forums. Madge earned nothing and got nothing. You know what they say about doing the same thing again and again , you go crazy. Now times it X 3.5 . At least we showed some.

You seem to have no difficulty finding the problems?
Madge is the problem.
Twenty forty is the problem.
What about solutions? Do you see any of those?
Only really responding to telltails opening post , and I’ll defend it.
telltails stated

We sacked Maguire to get Ciraldo

Where are you going with it.
who are you to question opinions.

We could have sacked a number of people for failing to deliver. This is a much bigger problem than Maguire as is demonstrated by how we continue to perform and recognised by others who were not interested in walking into his shoes.
You would have to think there's a few on borrowed time.
CEO for one

😂

We need to get our shit together and start looking like an NRL team!!!!

IMHO, the NRL organisation should not be anyone's benchmark, as they (ATM) present extremely low standard, they could not run properly even under 10's lemonade sell!
Our benchmark should be the NBA, NFL, NHL, Premier League or as the team the Storm, Golden State Warriors or San Antonio Spurs.

Only really responding to telltails opening post , and I’ll defend it.
telltails stated

We sacked Maguire to get Ciraldo

Where are you going with it.
who are you to question opinions.
Well we didn't sack Maguire to end up with Sheens as coach. We certainly tried to tie up Ciraldo before another club did.

@teddy23 hit the nail on the head - our roster this season was always going to finish around the bottom of the ladder.

As much as I love the club and will stick by it, I know that most of the blokes that pull on the jumper every week were not wanted by their previous club, and were let go so their club could spend the money on a junior that was on the way up.

If we're going to be a competitive club in the future, you need to look beyond next season and perhaps even the season beyond that.

Is the club doing enough to ensure we have a big pool of 17 year olds, in the hope that a few will be good first graders in 2024-2025?

A centre of excellence alone won't do this, we need a big effort from the club, with many people involved so we can finally develop some genuine talent that's on the way up rather than signing has-beens who are on the way down.

Api and Ice will probably be enough to avoid the spoon, but I am not optimistic about our top 8 prospects. We have no depth in the second row, and we need experience props to bring the kids on.

We should absolutely be pursuing the likes of Klemmer and Frizell.

Api and Ice will probably be enough to avoid the spoon, but I am not optimistic about our top 8 prospects. We have no depth in the second row, and we need experience props to bring the kids on.

We should absolutely be pursuing the likes of Klemmer and Frizell.

I don't disagree with you as we have to recruit a lot better but neither of the blokes you mention will be playing in the semis either.

Back