Let them go now

release all 3 now with a condition they are not play against us this year. You cant have players who decide to leave through no other reason then they don't want be here playing from what has been said they have been offered a fair amount of money to stay so it cant be about money.

What better motivation for the loyal players that are staying.Effectively being told by your captain and your best player your not good enough to play with.Additionally maybe Ivan has some positive announcements to make re signings of our own and knowing these guys were as good as gone wanted these guys out of the picture and yesterday's news

Yeah, it's going to be hard supporting them for the rest of the year. To think I had so much enthusiasm before round one. Oh well, it is what it is.

@ said:
How disappointing.

Woods is a traitor.
Tedesco is a turncoat.

I have no problem with them leaving, its the timing of the decision. By leaving it to the last possible moment, they prevented us from rebuilding early when players were available. Reality is if they announced their decision earlier in the year, we probably re-sign Moses, for example.

Our players under contract are all players I want to keep:

Felise, Liddle, Marsters, Sue, Taylor

Aloiai, Brooks, Chee Kam, Lawrence

McQueen, Suli

Nofa

Thats a good core for Ivan to build a good squad around with the spare cash we now have available.

They should still be picked in FG. Take the emotion out of it guys, we have no one better to replace them with. People are too emotionally invested in this. Worry about what you can control.

It wouldn't be prudent for the club to do anything rash. its ok for us to rant and rave and let off steam here, but not the club.

Wouldn't be a good look when we are trying to attract players, need to be firm but respectful.

If they have signed somewhere for next year so be it, it will be a shame to lose Teddy, but i thought that it was the end for us (in the WT era) when we lost of Prince, Hodgo, Gibbs, Tuaki, Benji, Elis and so on….... life goes on, ill still cheer for the Tigers and ill still renew my membership.

If they were that good why have we been where we have been for the last 4 years ?

They should stay and fulfil their professional obligations. They get paid to do a job and they should be professional and complete their contract.

Keep them in the side but Woods must not be the Captain for the rest of the season! A plus is I don't have to cringe every time Teddy gets up slowly and hope he ain't injured… now I don't care!

@ said:
@ said:
How disappointing.

Woods is a traitor.
Tedesco is a turncoat.

I have no problem with them leaving, its the timing of the decision. By leaving it to the last possible moment, they prevented us from rebuilding early when players were available. Reality is if they announced their decision earlier in the year, we probably re-sign Moses, for example.

McQueen, Suli

Nofa

Thats a good core for Ivan to build a good squad around with the spare cash we now have available.

No offence but that's the makings of a bog average team - if we don't add at least two superstars.

are there two origin/internationals _who are still yet to reach their prime_ and are off contract?

I don't see who we can sign to bring us up to a top 8 team.

(I guess) you cant blame the players who are leaving - but they've effectively set the club back 5 years IMO.

Can we afford 5 more years of mediocrity?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
How disappointing.

Woods is a traitor.
Tedesco is a turncoat.

McQueen, Suli

Nofa

No offence but that's the makings of a bog average team - if we don't add at least two superstars.

are there two origin/internationals _who are still yet to reach their prime_ and are off contract?

I don't see who we can sign to bring us up to a top 8 team.

(I guess) you cant blame the players who are leaving - but they've effectively set the club back 5 years IMO.

Can we afford 5 more years of mediocrity?

I don't think we are disagreeing. But if we buy smart, including a couple of high calibre players, Im very happy with where we are starting from. All of those players Im happy to have.

I also believe Brooks is going to surprise a few people over the next two years. He will get to where he should have been by now.

@ said:
We now have close to a billion in spare cap space, it has hardly set the club back 5 years.

who are we going to sign? I hear Adam Blair's available

Maybe Cronk will sign up to the Concord retirement village for the other half a billion.

Sorry I'm just emotional right now :laughing:

@ said:
They should still be picked in FG. Take the emotion out of it guys, we have no one better to replace them with. People are too emotionally invested in this. Worry about what you can control.

Off course your right Willow, the voice of reason, but give people a chance to vent their anger. This is a terrible situation to be in for the rest of the year, it's going to be tough to go out there every week and be torn between following the team, players who want to be there, and having to also support these weak characters. Just saying

It's hard not to take the emotion out of it. I'm so angry I hope the fans show up this weekend and absolutely give it to the 'big 3'. Hope we get towelled and see them humiliated and dropped to Wests RMC.
But it's a good thing I'm not the coach and Cleary will be professional in dealing with the situation.
The good thing is 2018 we'll have guys who want to be here and we're not just paying guys for their potential.
Can't believe the players we've let go to accommodate these clowns (Papenhuyzen, Austin, Martin etc)

@ said:

We are 2 and 5 @ -82\. Can't get much worse. I agree they need to stay in there, but just as happy if Clearly puts them in the naughty corner.

Latest posts

Members online

Back