Let them go now

@ said:
@ said:
I totally agree with this Jason83\. How are these three going to react when that extra effort is needed? Rather give some others a go while Cleary gradually rebuilds the team. Not as if we're going to make the eight so why keep these blokes a day longer than we have to. Perennial forum whipping boys Lovett and Rankin, both with limited ability , will at least give 100% and want to be there. The spoiled brat, the larrikin loafer and the opportunist money grabber will now turn fans away if we hang on to them.

They have basically said this club can't make the finals I want out. Well I don't want players with that mind set in our club!

Yep and even if they stayed I'd feel the same way, they're glory hunters and they don't want to stick around and create something with the Tigers. See ya later

That's it for me in 2017 not going to another match until these imposters are gone… I work to hard to waste my time watching guys who don't respect the club and the colours....

What a precious bunch of juveniles! Endlessly carrying on with ill will and name calling like a bunch of school boys. Players come, players go - they have every right to leave if they want to. For God's sake just GET OVER IT!

@ said:
What a precious bunch of juveniles! Endlessly carrying on with ill will and name calling like a bunch of school boys. Players come, players go - they have every right to leave if they want to. For God's sake just GET OVER IT!

Everyone's got a right to say what they feel. You need to get over it

This negotiation period has shown just how powerful Issac Moses was allowed to become. It is our fault as a club to allow your best young players to come off contract at the same time & with the same manager.He has played the club of a break. It was no contest as soon as nephew was not signed. The other 2 no doubt followed his advice to screw with the club.
Why do you think we now put deadline on offers ? We new they were gone and tried to save face.Even then Moses did'nt allow deadline to pass, before news of signings to Dogs & Roosters ,just to further stick it up WT tonight.We should and will learn by this failed negotiation process for future dealings with player managers.
Never allow any one manager to be in that position again.
Woods should be stripped of captaincy immediately before next game.He was Balmain junior. Tedesco an Easts supporter.At least he has gone to his child club.
s

Can anyone think of any other club that's lost their best 3 (or at least 2) players to other clubs within one season (or one month actually)?

Not apportioning blame to anyone, just curious. All the bad stuff always happens to us.

@ said:
It's hard not to take the emotion out of it. I'm so angry I hope the fans show up this weekend and absolutely give it to the 'big 3'. Hope we get towelled and see them humiliated and dropped to Wests RMC.
But it's a good thing I'm not the coach and Cleary will be professional in dealing with the situation.
The good thing is 2018 we'll have guys who want to be here and we're not just paying guys for their potential.
Can't believe the players we've let go to accommodate these clowns (Papenhuyzen, Austin, Martin etc)

Our team getting flogged this weekend isn't going to benefit WT going forward and looking to entice new players. I hope the team can salvage something positive out of the rest of this pathetic season for the sake of the committed blokes who have the gonads and fortitude to stick with our club from next year onwards. Will be cheering for WT as per usual this week and for the rest of the season, as far as the 3 weak mice who are scurrying from our club well who cares, w3 may as well use them up and get some work out of them for their money. The season is as good as over for sure now, mercenaries amongst the ranks is never a good thing to have.

I wouldnt be releasing anyone, or dropping them. make them finish what they started. Take the captaincy off Woods, give it to ET

I wouldnt be releasing anyone, or dropping them. make them finish what they started. Take the captaincy off Woods, give it to ET

@ said:
@ said:

Not on and on and on and on endlessly in thread after thread after thread - you're all upset boo hoo! Ok we get it already - move on!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Not on and on and on and on endlessly in thread after thread after thread - you're all upset boo hoo! Ok we get it already - move on!

It's been obvious for a while you've wanted these gone to spite the club and supporters. Congratulations, you got what you wanted.

Nah … Keep playing them , let them keep dogging it . Then their new clubs can see what there really buying .

Nah … Keep playing them , let them keep dogging it . Then their new clubs can see what there really buying .

@ said:
Can anyone think of any other club that's lost their best 3 (or at least 2) players to other clubs within one season (or one month actually)?

Not apportioning blame to anyone, just curious. All the bad stuff always happens to us.

Langmack, Gillespie, Farrar, Thomas and Alchin to wests in 91.

@ said:

At the end of the 1979 season wests lost Les Boyd, John Dorahy and Ray Brown to manly, and Tom Raudonikis and Graham O'Grady to newtown plus some lesser lights, all 5 played origin and only O'Grady never played for Australia, and Tommy was the captain.
In 1980 wests came 3rd, so there is your answer and some hope.

Nice one. Any in more recent years?

I guess there was that season when SBW walked out on the dogs mid season - and maybe you'd count the time Canberra signed a bunch but they all walked away before joining.

@ said:
They should still be picked in FG. Take the emotion out of it guys, we have no one better to replace them with. People are too emotionally invested in this. Worry about what you can control.

Exactly !!!
\
\
Take the motion out of it all and everyone would realise this has been on th cards for a while now.
Business. Premiership. Disloyalty. Unstable club etc etc etc
The recipe was all their.

Ivan Cleary represents the future and hopefully the build has started.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

It's been obvious for a while you've wanted these gone to spite the club and supporters. Congratulations, you got what you wanted.

What rot! Always claiming to know what people are thinking - you've got no idea. I would've loved for them to stay, but I'm not going to turn on them like some fickle infant purely because they've made a decision not to.

As far as I'm concerned, Woods & Tedesco have always been our best on the field and this season has been no exception. I respect them and I always will for what they've given to this club over the years and I am not about to resort to wishing them ill will and calling them ridiculous names simply because they have made a decision to leave and try and better their futures.

@ said:
Nice one. Any in more recent years?

I guess there was that season when SBW walked out on the dogs mid season - and maybe you'd count the time Canberra signed a bunch but they all walked away before joining.

At the end of 1995 Canterbury won the premiership and lost Dean Pay, Jim Dymock and Jason Smith all Australian reps to Parramatta.

Staff online

Back