Let's assume Tui gets stuck in reggies

Why are you blokes still arguing about JT? Let us move on.

I for one don't get the fairly significant criticism of Tui in this thread, I thought he's been going just fine. We are winning after all, and as happy noted, we are winning often on the back of his goal kicking.

@ said:

I for one don't get the fairly significant criticism of Tui in this thread, I thought he's been going just fine. We are winning after all, and as happy noted, we are winning often on the back of his goal kicking.

I’m sure they’ll be a lot of unhappy people if we miss some goals and lose by 2! I think Ivan wants Tui in our top 17 but has strong standards around KPI’s and if they’re not met, you get moved down. But like the rest of us I’m just guessing

@ said:

I think most tend to have faith with Cleary at the moment and trust his judgement.

He seems to have a handle on where players are at and what we need.

@ said:
@ said:

I’m sure they’ll be a lot of unhappy people if we miss some goals and lose by 2! I think Ivan wants Tui in our top 17 but has strong standards around KPI’s and if they’re not met, you get moved down. But like the rest of us I’m just guessing

If we go lose by 2 Tui would have kicked 5 from 5 in the eyes of just as many I know that much!

He has been much better (technique much improved) but he still has the odd shank in him.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I liked him up in the line in defence last year. When he took Moses spot our defence suddenly got a whole lot better. I’m not sure how he go at centre but I’d try him there in ISP .

Thats the move.

What needs to happen.

I agree. Tui Seems to be a better 5/8 then a fullback. Either move him to the centers and move Kevie to the back or wing OR move Reynolds to the Centers and Tui to 5/8

I think Tui adds something good to our team attack and he kicks and is acceptable in defense.

I think you are wanting him to move and try these things in the NRL.

Reserve grade is the place for him and Cleary to work out his use to the team.

I doubt we will see him for a few weeks now.

Point, Lets see what position Tui plays in Reserve Grade. Glad the Tigers are having a high standard.

@ said:
@ said:
I think we are a better team with a fully fit lolohea in it. Hopefully works his ass off in Reggie’s and training and comes back to where he belongs.

I liked him up in the line in defence last year. When he took Moses spot our defence suddenly got a whole lot better. I’m not sure how he go at centre but I’d try him there in ISP .

Yes to me he looks lost at fullback.
Centre or wing for mine. Good utility player on current form ….. to date I have not seen anything from him to get overly enthused about.

I like Tui as a player, but i dont think his Knee is 100%, also i think Ivan changes the Team depending who we are playing, I think Ivan knows what he is doing. I do think Tui is our best goal kicker though.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

If we go lose by 2 Tui would have kicked 5 from 5 in the eyes of just as many I know that much!

He has been much better (technique much improved) but he still has the odd shank in him.

Well luckily that's where we all agree? It's a bit refreshing to have a coach where most fans trust his decisions, even if they aren't sure exactly why certain changes were made.

Even things like playing Thommo, Rochow and Godinet Rd 1, everyone was head-scratching, but Cleary does know his cattle.

And as we also agree, with the depth he's purchased, he can currently afford to take players out to work on their performance, and replace them with someone just as good.

Tui will be back. Can't keep the clubs best goal kicker out forever. If Marsters continues to struggle with the boot, expect him back.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
There were quite a lot of people who gave you great reasons why JT was wrong for the club, holding the club back, me I hated him, I partied hard when he got sacked, 18 months too late though.
But everyone else was genuine in their disapproval of JT, you were a rusted on lover and couldn't or wouldn't see it, now you are doing the same with Tui.

Nailed it!

How do you know?
Youve only been here a couple of months

**_Yes and you've tried to make this point before._** Long time reader, have posted on and off over the years. I've already stated that.

Do you have an opinion or thoughts to add to this thread or are we just playing the man again?

**_No… I haven't_**.
Sorry I'm unable to keep up with all your accounts .. I've only noticed you posting these last few months... what was your previous username?

@ said:
How many games this season have we won based on goal kicking ??

You take your No 1 kicker no questions asked in tight games sorry

Agreed.

Ivan has him at 21, probably comtemplating whether we take his goal kicking over Thompson's attack. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the final squad, gonna need every point against the Sea Eagles.

@ said:
@ said:
If we think Tui is struggling have a watch of the roosters game and watch Tedescos struggles. He knocked on in goal to let in a try. Didn’t jump for a bomb which led to a try. Got stepped by one of the Burgess twin. Wow what a crash back down to earth.

]

His heart doesn't look in.

He looks slow.

Interesting times.

He does look slow…. Dunno about gauging how much heart he has in it.
He's not a fullback imo.... He's a 5/8, needs to be closer

He isn't a fullback, he isn't a 5/8th, he isn't a centre or a lock or a winger. Jack of all trades master of none. I love him but can't see him taking a place at Tigers long term really unless he can make a change, center or lock perhaps (ala wade graham).

@ said:
He isn't a fullback, he isn't a 5/8th, he isn't a centre or a lock or a winger. Jack of all trades master of none. I love him but can't see him taking a place at Tigers long term really unless he can make a change, center or lock perhaps (ala wade graham).

He is a 5/8 but because Benj and Reynolds are there he won't get a look. Fullback is the only position available for him, if he doesn't step up he's most likely going to get picked up by another club especially if he is offered a half position.

Doubt Cleary would have signed him to play FB without Tui being onboard to play the position, would be his spot to lose.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
If we think Tui is struggling have a watch of the roosters game and watch Tedescos struggles. He knocked on in goal to let in a try. Didn’t jump for a bomb which led to a try. Got stepped by one of the Burgess twin. Wow what a crash back down to earth.

]

He looks slow.

Interesting times.

Sorry for the confusion Ink

was talking about our ex fullback now playing at Easts.

Who is playing ordinary.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Nailed it!

How do you know?
Youve only been here a couple of months

**_Yes and you've tried to make this point before._** Long time reader, have posted on and off over the years. I've already stated that.

Do you have an opinion or thoughts to add to this thread or are we just playing the man again?

**_No… I haven't_**.
Sorry I'm unable to keep up with all your accounts .. I've only noticed you posting these last few months... what was your previous username?

Everybody you don’t agree with must have multiple accounts. Get a life buddy, people will have different opinions to you , it’s a forum.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

]

He looks slow.

Interesting times.

Sorry for the confusion Ink

was talking about our ex fullback now playing at Easts.

Who is playing ordinary.

No dramas

Tui knows the rules if you dont like the ride get off the bus.It is amazing someone would suggest that Moses comeback weve gone ahead since he left and look how Parra have gone .

Back