Liam Fulton

Captain_Awesome

article from Big League

Fulton Heading Home…

Reports circulated recently that Liam Fulton may definitely coming back to the Wests Tigers this year. Tigers fans hope this is the case, although there is talk he may yet re-sign and stay on at Huddersfield. Fulton has gone well at the Nathan Brown-coached Giants this year.

Firstly he has been average at the Giants this year.
Secondly, I do not want him back at the tigers; he would be a step backwards for the club

I thought he had been injured for most of the season?

I'm not overly fussed on his return to be honest, apart from a bit of a defensive improvement I don't really see how he would contribute that much to our current side, I'd rather keep the coin in our purse for signings next season tbh.

@Captain Awesome said:
article from Big League

Fulton Heading Home…

Reports circulated recently that Liam Fulton may definitely coming back to the Wests Tigers this year. Tigers fans hope this is the case, although there is talk he may yet re-sign and stay on at Huddersfield. Fulton has gone well at the Nathan Brown-coached Giants this year.

'Fulton MAY DEFINATELY coming back'??

MAY DEFINATELY? What is it- may or definately?

@Chadman's Ghost said:
@Captain Awesome said:
article from Big League

Fulton Heading Home…

'Fulton MAY DEFINATELY coming back'??

MAY DEFINATELY? What is it- may or definately?

:laughing: I was thinking the same thing!

I think he'll resign with Huddersfield (or so i hope anyway) and the Tigers are doing the right thing by him by keeping the door open if Huddersfield don't resign him considering he left to ease the pressure on our cap….. If the club simply turned their back on the bloke that would be pretty poor form...

I don't think we have missed him this year and I don't think we'll miss him next year. I think we are well covered for backrow options, especially with some of the players in Toyota Cup being promoted to the top squad, who will no doubt bulk up more.

I think early on in the year we did miss Fulton….We had to put up with Morris at 6 and Halatau in the team....

Liam whould have offered more value than both of them....Now though pehaps he should stay and enjoy Pommy summers....

If he comes back I won't complain though....

@Captain Awesome said:
Secondly, I do not want him back at the tigers; he would be a step backwards for the club

I wonder where you read this about Fulton being "average at the Giants". All the reports I have read are very positive & they seem happy to keep him, but he will come back I hope. After all we are not exactly setting the competition on fire at the moment. Liam averages over 40 tackles / game which would be very handy for us. I cant think of a better available lock.

@Zaibatsu said:
I'm not overly fussed on his return to be honest, apart from a bit of a defensive improvement I don't really see how he would contribute that much to our current side, I'd rather keep the coin in our purse for signings next season tbh.

finally! someone who knows what their talking about….good work Zaibatsu :slight_smile:

It will be questionable whether the return of Fulton would be a defensive improvement. He could never tackle NRL standard again after doing his shoulder. Before that he was great. Has he improved overseas?

@bob56 said:
@Captain Awesome said:

I wonder where you read this about Fulton being "average at the Giants". All the reports I have read are very positive & they seem happy to keep him, but he will come back I hope. After all we are not exactly setting the competition on fire at the moment. Liam averages over 40 tackles / game which would be very handy for us. I cant think of a better available lock.

I've watched a fair few games with him this year and in those games he is pretty average and non-existent in attack, his defence is still solid though

@Captain Awesome said:
I've watched a fair few games with him this year and in those games he is pretty average and non-existent in attack, his defence is still solid though

Soooo nothing has changed…. :laughing:

@Kaiser said:

\

Quins again came back into it, but they were punished on the stroke of half-time as, despite two bites of the cherry, Chris Melling failed to deal with a Liam Fulton kick, allowing David Hodgson to score.

There's a change…..Go Liam....

@Geo. said:
@Kaiser said:

\

Quins again came back into it, but they were punished on the stroke of half-time as, despite two bites of the cherry, Chris Melling failed to deal with a Liam Fulton kick, allowing David Hodgson to score.

There's a change…..Go Liam....

Haha yeah a read that… wonder how good the kick actually was though... the comment about the player failing to deal with it tends to make me think it was a kick he should have dealt with rather than a kick that he couldn't do much about haha

@Captain Awesome said:

What a load of rubbish. You would'nt know a footballer if you fell over one.

@magpiecol said:
@Captain Awesome said:

What a load of rubbish. You would'nt know a footballer if you fell over one.

Well, If he was laying down and you fell over him I guess he would have to be a footballer - probably a Rooster.

Has there been any news about Fulton…?

Staying over there or coming back...?

Staff online

Back