Line in the sand.....šŸ˜‘šŸšØ

Every team is all over him. When does he ever carve up another team? No team has any issue shutting him down. It's mind blowing how much smoke gets blown up his arse for doing nothing.
Theyā€™re all over him because we have no other options. Toa, kepeoa, Wakeham and douehi are not threats so they can focus on brooks. (Iā€™m not defending his 5th tackle options. He was also stood up badly a couple of times last night which is concerning). Staines is lightning but they contained him easily too for the same reason. Compare that to the broncos backline. Every player is a threat and can break the line.

Theyā€™re all over him because we have no other options. Toa, kepeoa, Wakeham and douehi are not threats so they can focus on brooks. (Iā€™m not defending his 5th tackle options. He was also stood up badly a couple of times last night which is concerning). Staines is lightning but they contained him easily too for the same reason. Compare that to the broncos backline. Every player is a threat and can break the line.
I don't understand the Staines signing. He looked a useful finisher at Penrith. But it's not like he's a Dom Young - the kind of player who at the very least will score a boatload of tries over the next five years and might even turn out to be handy in other positions. O'Brien sure looked like he awoke the beast when he dropped him because the kid went full blown T-Rex on the Seagulls.

The Broncos are true contenders this year. We are bottom 4. The result is reflective of the quality, and the lack there of, the two teams. When push comes to shove no one was surprised by the result.

I don't understand the Staines signing. He looked a useful finisher at Penrith. But it's not like he's a Dom Young - the kind of player who at the very least will score a boatload of tries over the next five years and might even turn out to be handy in other positions. O'Brien sure looked like he awoke the beast when he dropped him because the kid went full blown T-Rex on the Seagulls.
I thought he was for low cost depth with pace. Unfortunately heā€™s one of our better ones. At least heā€™s trying.

The line in the sand was drawn when they signed Sheens. This is it for two years, and then probably again for following three under Benji unless he decides to get in competent assistants and he takes on a supervisory role.

Blaming your fullback and your scrum half for bad decisions is the kind of thing a coach can justifiably do when you are getting beat by ten points. But when your opponent is one score away from a half-century - and guys like Farnworth and Staggs were getting in each others way to queue up to score and bombing easy tries for what should have been SEVENTY... I don't think two playmakers have been born who could conceivably be blamed for that level of mess. Sheens is playing politics here. He knows Brooks is done and AD is pretty much so in the eyes of many so it's an easy dodge. But you can't con the players that way. Because the few who really are trying know - at least for this game - AD/Brooks is pure smokescreen.
On the past 4 performances they were predominantly on Brooks and Douhi. Last night was the team. They just looked like an uncoached rabble. The thing that boggles my mind that I can't wrap my head around is, no matter how many or who coaches our team we make the stupidest unforced errors Iv ever seen.

And his hands are suspect. Definitely trying and thereā€™s a few others that are too. We are all pulling in different directions though which is a reflection of the clubs Band-Aid solutions over the years. Iā€™d be surprised if thereā€™s many good mates in the team.
I don't put any of the blame for this on the young guys, our young forwards and backs, this is a club cultural problem. This is years of neglect. What I mean is we allow posers to take the field week after week without repercussions for their subpar performances and it creates a shell be right mentality. Iv said it 100 times. We said we were starting a rebuild. Yet we didn't take a broom to our roster, not just now with Sheens but with any coach we have appointed. We hired a new coach and kept the same players who failed the coach prior, that's not a rebuild.

Star NRL backs donā€™t wait for an invitation. They go to the game.

Donā€™t see much confidence with these outside backs ā€¦probably doesnā€™t help that he cops a hiding every week since he started playing first grade

At this point, Looks like Tigers might go 0/10. At that point or earlier, Sheens needs to be honest with himself and the club.

His coaching isn't working.

Resign.

Bring in Hasler or any former experienced coach.

At this point, Looks like Tigers might go 0/10. At that point or earlier, Sheens needs to be honest with himself and the club.

His coaching isn't working.

Resign.

Bring in Hasler or any former experienced coach.

i never wanted Sheens ā€¦ but not sure what Hasler is gunna do with this same squadā€¦?

I feel like I am repeating myself ā€¦ but the problem is the entire backlineā€¦they went over board upgrading the forwards but did practically nothing in the backs and let their best player ( Hastings ) goā€¦

Not much that Hasler or anyone else can do to change that mid season

I thought Brooks had a crack today , Broncos were all over him , his efforts today if this game was Newcastle , And couple other losses I think we go better , he defended and run

I thought he was good. He has had two poor games and in those poor games he had poor moments that were key moments but they were when we were in the opposition attacking zone. That isn't his forte. It's why he is a role player half who should be paid lesser dollars.

I think the only viable option in the 6 jumper is Laurie. I think Brooks is miles ahead of him at this point.

i never wanted Sheens ā€¦ but not sure what Hasler is gunna do with this same squadā€¦?

I feel like I am repeating myself ā€¦ but the problem is the entire backlineā€¦they went over board upgrading the forwards but did practically nothing in the backs and let their best player ( Hastings ) goā€¦

Not much that Hasler or anyone else can do to change that mid season
No way for Hasler. Flanagan matbe. Hasler has got a bad rep for screwing up the salary cap and leaving it a mess.

I thought he was good. He has had two poor games and in those poor games he had poor moments that were key moments but they were when we were in the opposition attacking zone. That isn't his forte. It's why he is a role player half who should be paid lesser dollars.

I think the only viable option in the 6 jumper is Laurie. I think Brooks is miles ahead of him at this point.

So Laurie to 6ā€¦ the only reason it may be ā€œviableā€ is that it hasnā€™t been tried and failed yet..

Yeahā€¦ they may as well try it .. got nothing to lose but they need an organiser in the halves and he will be targeted in defenceā€¦

Back