Line in the sand.....😑🚨

i never wanted Sheens … but not sure what Hasler is gunna do with this same squad…?

I feel like I am repeating myself … but the problem is the entire backline…they went over board upgrading the forwards but did practically nothing in the backs and let their best player ( Hastings ) go…

Not much that Hasler or anyone else can do to change that mid season

I think some of our backline players might make it on the right dollars with quality around them but we need massive upgrades all across our backline.

Tupou has probably been our best outside back. He would have to be a below average NRL outside back at this point.

So Laurie to 6… the only reason it may be “viable” is that it hasn’t been tried and failed yet..

Yeah… they may as well try it .. got nothing to lose but they need an organiser in the halves and he will be targeted in defence…

I would play Brooks at 6 for the rest of the season. I don't see any other option. Laurie is the only other option but you nailed it.

Brooks is playing to my expectations.

I also think playing him at 7 is killing him but mainly because everyone is expecting him to be a halfback and lead us to wins. He isn't an organizing or marquee half or close to it.

i never wanted Sheens … but not sure what Hasler is gunna do with this same squad…?

I feel like I am repeating myself … but the problem is the entire backline…they went over board upgrading the forwards but did practically nothing in the backs and let their best player ( Hastings ) go…

Not much that Hasler or anyone else can do to change that mid season
I don't think it's the entire backline.

Firstly, I couldn't believe it when during the game Staines was doing very well at fullback they moved him back to the wing and put Doueihi there.

Both Laurie and Doueihi are worse fullbacks than what I saw from Staines; Doueihi is better positionally than Laurie, so that's how badly I rate Laurie.

Kepaoa has risen immensely this season and has the makings of a really good, big centre.

I like Naden. He's fast and works hard. Only he and Staines have pace. Just keep him in the centres, because for some reason he's terrible on the wing!

Tupou is good. He's very young and if I'm not mistaken, was playing union before joining the tigers. Definitely worth keeping in the side and allowed to grow - especially given the situation they are already in this year.

Who's on the other wing? I don't know - anyone but Nofoaluma. He's a lost cause.

Talau and To'a I had high hopes for, but have been disappointed/had limited opportunities.

The forwards are really good and have done thier job really well. Just keep Seyfarth away please!

So, ideally, and in simplistic terms, here's how to score a try in rugby league:

1. Have possession at your attacking end of the field (forwards)

2. A play is called and the backs know what they have to do. (9, halves)

3. The first receiver passes the ball to the player meant to get it (halves)

4. The backs run their line and get put into a gap to score.

It's been said so many times on here; Practically everyone knows it.

Here's how they go:

1. Big pass. Field position has been excellent.

2. Most likely fail.

3. Huge fail

4. N/A. It never gets this far.

It breaks down in the halves. Every. Single. Time.

Yes, fullback is a weakness, but good halves can make a fullback better (have him where he's supposed to be ffs).

If this side had a good 6 and/or 7 (and decent coaching) they would be SO much better.

Imagine if Nathan Cleary was in the side...

So Laurie to 6… the only reason it may be “viable” is that it hasn’t been tried and failed yet..

Yeah… they may as well try it .. got nothing to lose but they need an organiser in the halves and he will be targeted in defence…
Laurie is on the nose.

Sheens clearly doesn't rate him & I agree.
AD isn't any better though.

Laurie's commitment off the field is a massive concern.
On field he's a cat and a lightweight.

I like Simpkin. I wonder how he would go at 7?
Could be worth a try, can't see it being any worse than Sheenius with his Doueihi best "fullback in the club" experiment which looks like a total failure, but Shit Staines has laryngitis and doesn't have a voice so he only gets half a game at fullback

Problem is Sheens is such a stubborn old C U in the Northen Territory that he will keep Doueihi at fullback all year when everyone else can see that he is playing shit and needs a stint in reggies to get some form and confidence back.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I can't believe they gave Doueihi a contract extension before a game was even played this season.

Someone has to answer for some of the dumb decisions that are being made at this club.

Even a guy like Staines who won almost every game at Penrith looks timid.
Probably kicking stones because he wasn't given a fair shot at fullback and sees how shit Doueihi is going and probably knows that Sheens will persist with it.

On the past 4 performances they were predominantly on Brooks and Douhi. Last night was the team. They just looked like an uncoached rabble. The thing that boggles my mind that I can't wrap my head around is, no matter how many or who coaches our team we make the stupidest unforced errors Iv ever seen.
The thing which amazes me is with the size of the in-goal area at Brisbane it seems harder to not force additional sets than miss them. You literally need to kick the ball a degree of longitude for it to go out of the back!

As the title says, I will be putting a line in the sand this Tuesday when the team sheet is read out. If the coaches pick a virtually unchanged lineup, if Douhie, isn't dropped for his effort and defence, if Brooks and Wakeham remain our halves then I'm logging out of this forum and will cease to watch them with any interest bar watching a general football game.

The lack of accountability is staggering. People say we have no depth but if players are not putting in or do not improve on their deficiencies then they need to be dropped to fix them.

Douhie dropped until sorted defence.
AJ dropped until he knows not to run out of the line every defence tackle, Brooks amd Wakeham dropped because they cannot do their jobs which is to provide try assists. So many more.

Also I'd like to give a shout out to Sheen's and Benji. Not sure what they did in the offseason or continue to do but every decision they have done is the opposite of successful.

Shout out to the centre of excellence too, might want to rename it 👍

Be looking forward to Tuesday 🎉🎉🚨🚨
i walk out at 12 nil or 20 minutes,they arent getting my time until they improve,

Wasn’t Webster punted from our coaching structure
No he was overlooked for the head role when Cleary left. He's a Cleary disciple, hooked back up with him at Penrith later on and I wouldn't be surprised if he landed the Warriors gig through a Cleary recommendation either.

Thing about Warriors though, there's every chance this good start will all fall apart as the year drags on. That's often been one of their struggles.

Back